A Faraway Land Without Troubles

The Marathon I Ran for You

Woah~ I haven’t been updating for quite some time! D: Sorry! So let’s just have a recap!

He then put his hands on my shoulders and pulled himself closer… …

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 [Rooftop Garden]

Jin Hae’s POV

Taemin stared at my eyes for a moment. Then he removed his hands from my shoulder and took off my glasses. “You should start wearing contacts! You have beautiful eyes!” He grinned like a little child. What?! I thought he was going to… Aish! He almost gave me a heart attack! “H-aha. T-thank you!” Ugh! Why was I stuttering?! As if reading my mind, Taemin asked, “Why are you stuttering?” I looked down and shook my head shyly. “You’re so cute!” He complimented me as he ruffled my hair. Just then a voice hollered from the entrance of the rooftop garden. “WHAT ARE THE BOTH OF YOU DOING?!”

Taemin’s POV

Jin Hae reminded me of my younger sister. She was so cute! “WHAT ARE THE BOTH OF YOU DOING?!” I got a shock and spun around. It was Shin Hye. Her make up had been smudged by her tears and her eyes were red and swollen. She must have been hiding somewhere, crying.  What was she doing here? Did she stalk the both of us here? “Taemin, you just left me and now you’ve already gotten yourself another girl?” She asked. Her eyes were filled with pain and sorrow. I pulled Jin Hae to a corner of the garden, “Stay here, okay?” She nodded her head. It was obvious that she was worried for the both of us. I approached Shin Hye and asked, “What are doing here?”

“It seems like you hate me a lot that you don’t even want to see me huh?”

“It’s not that. It’s just that I-“

“Stop it. You won’t be seeing me soon. I will be going to a faraway land where there will be no troubles at all.”

“You are returning to New York to live with your parents?” Shin Hye was not a pure Korean. Her father was an American and her mother was a Korean. New York was her hometown but her parents decided to send her to Korea last year.

“I would never return to New York again. There are even more problems in New York than in Seoul.” She said as she walked slowly towards the metal railings. “My troubles would end soon…” Shin Hye lifted up one of her legs and crossed over the railing. Oh . She was going to commit suicide! “Shin Hye!” I yelled as I dashed forward, trying to pull her back. “Do not come near me!” She screamed. I immediately stopped. “Ok, I will not come near you. Would you please come down?” I tried calming her down. Jin Hae was already shocked beyond words. She tried to savage the condition by trying to sneak behind Shin Hye and pull her back but I stopped her and asked her to return back to the corner. She did as I told. By that time, Shin Hye was already in a precarious position and her legs were dangling in the air. Students started crowding downstairs and all attention was on Shin Hye. “Shin Hye, please come down will you? Have you ever thought about your parents?” I was trying my best to get her back down but it seemed like my efforts were going to be futile.

“Taemin-ah, you are really innocent. You really believed me when I said that my parents wanted me to come to Seoul to study? I came to Seoul because I had no choice! My parents died in a car accident last year. They were heavily in debt and after they died those bastards made me repay their debts! I couldn’t stand it anymore so I decided to move to Seoul. Taemin, you must really hate me now right? I lied to you again. But don’t worry, I am going to leave this world soon.”

I clenched my fists so tightly that my knuckles were already showing. She lied to me once again. I really wanted to slap her right there and then but I shouldn’tagitate her now. “Taemin-ah,” She said as she turned her head around. “Take good care of your new girlfriend. Goodbye.” Immediately after the “Goodbye”, Shin Hye took the plunge. I was unable to respond to her sudden movement. I was shocked beyond words and stood rooted to the ground. Shin Hye was really gone now. There was no way one could survive jumping down from the rooftop garden. Jin Hae rushed forward and tried to catch Shin Hye but it was all too late. Screams and shrills could be heard coming from the students downstairs, followed by a loud thud. That sudden sound jolted me back to reality from my thoughts. I ran over to the railings, just to find a lifeless Shin Hye lying on the ground with a pool of blood around her head. I fished out my phone to call for an ambulance as a drop of tear escaped from my eye.

[Hospital]

 Jin Hae and I were waiting impatiently outside the operation theatre for two hours but Shin Hye was still not out yet. I sat on a chair and started sobbing silently while Jin Hae tried to comfort me. I leaned my head against her shoulder and asked her, “Jin Hae-ah, were you shocked by today’s events?” I felt her head nodding slowly. “We broke up today. I couldn’t stand it anymore. She had been lying to me ever since we started dating. I was unable to trust her anymore so…” I was explaining the situation to her when she interrupted me, “I understand. You don’t have to carry on. I believe that your next girl would be better than her…” Just then the doors of the operation theatre opened. The both of us stood up and waited for the doctor to announce the results. “I am sorry. We’ve tried our best…” His voice trailed off. Just as I expected, Shin Hye passed away. Jin Hae was not that shocked too. She might have expected the same too.  Shin Hye, now you are free from all your troubles. Good luck

 

 

 

Shin Hye died! D: Oh Taemin and Jin Hae did not kiss too! D: But this is just the beggining of their relationship~~~ :D Please remember to comment and subscribe! ^^