Idiot

The Marathon I Ran for You

[In School]

Jin Hae's POV

I went to school early in the morning that day in high spirits. I took the whole night to convince myself that I still stood a chance and finally succeeded! The school was really empty now and the students wouldn't come in till 45 minutes later. I skipped into the classroom, listening to Beast's Beautiful. (A/N. I love that song a lot!!!! :) ) I thought I would be the earliest to arrive in school however there were 2 other students that were earlier than me.

They were sitting on Taemin's desk, chatting away. The girl leaned against the boy's shoulder. Oh! So those 2 students were a couple! But why were they sitting on Taemin's desk? I almost got killed the other time when I sat in his seat! >.< Oh wait. That boy there... Oh so it was Taemin and Min Young. My heart sank once more. How I wished that I was the girl next to him. I sighed and puled out my earphones. Come on Jin Hae! You promised to stay cheerful! Yes okay now smile! Yeah that is so much better! I stepped onto the classroom and greeted Taemin and Min Young.

"Oh! Jin Hae-ah, where did you go yesterday?" Taemin asked after greeting me. Oh shucks. I forgot to inform Taemin that I was leaving first! Oh no! How was I gonna explain to him?! "Ehh... Err..Oh! Oh! Err... I wasn't feeling well so Jonghyun oppa sent me home first. Err.... Yeah...He sent me home. Hehehe :P" I came up with a really lame excuse, hoping he would buy this.

"Oh dear me! Jin Hae-ah, are you okay now? Oh goodness! Let me take a look!" Min Young yelled. She then hopped off the table and spun me around and around checking if I was okay. "Min Young-ah, I am fine! Don't worry!" I assured her, hoping that she would stop spinning me around. Taemin chuckled a little and put his arm around Min Young's shoulder. "Jagiya, she said that she was okay. If you carry on spinning her around, she might just faint!" Taemin smiled sweetly. I had never seen that smile on his face before. It was so... genuine. His smile that I saw on television seemed so fake.

Min Young pouted and apologised. "Nah! It's ok! Oh and I can see that the both of you..." I teased them while pointing at Taemin's arm. Min Young blushed immediately as Taemin released his arm. Both of them looked so cute together. Maybe they were really meant to be? Shucks. I am losing hope and confidence again. Aish. But who wouldn't feel sad and disappointed when they see their crush for two years acting lovey dovey with their best friend. I forced a bitter smile and congratulated them before returning to my seat.

Min Young's POV

Jin Hae didn't look very good when she saw Taemin and me. I knew that she had loved Taemin for 2 years and I felt really bad when I went home after the ball that day. I did not exactly see Taemin as my lover. I could only imagine him as my dongsaeng (A/N. You would better not do this to my Taemin!!! ~!@#$%^&*()_+ HUMPH.) I wasn't sure what got into me that day either. When he said that I looked like his mother, I felt this need to protect him. That was probably why I accepted him. Maybe a relationship with Taemin can help me to forget that jerk. That *toot* *toot* *toot* *tooot* tooooooooooot* jerk that freaking broke my heart on my freaking birthday. That jerk called Yong Jun Hyung. Yes. That Yong Jun Hyun from Beast. That Yong Jun Hyung that dumped me for fame. If I ever see him again, I would break all his bones and show him who's boss. Humph.

Taemin's POV

On the outside, she seemed all cheerful and even congratulated Min Young and me. But Jin Hae, you really can't act. One could see the disppointment behind her smile easily. At the thought of that, i actually felt a little hurt. it was as if someone used a needle to poke my heart. Aish. Yah! Lee Taemin! Why are your feelings so complicated?! Just then Min Young came over and poked me in my sides. "A penny for your thoughts?" She asked as she pouted cutely. I chuckled and pinched her cheeks lightly. "Let's go and have a small walk around the school." I grabbed her hand. "But your fan girls..." She stuttered. "Gwenchana. You have me around! I will protect you from them!" The both of us then left the class.

Jin hae's POV

After returning to my seat, I plugged my earphones back in and pretended to fall asleep. Thousands and thousands of daggers pierced my heart when I heard how Taemin said that he wanted to protect Min Young. I really wanted to be the one that he would protect forever. I guess this wasn't possible. Where was the confidence I once had? Where was the cheerful and optimistic Lee Jin Hae? Gone. All gone. That Lee Jin Hae was gone in a flash and nobody knows when she would be back.

At the thought of that, I started sobbing quietly. I buried my head in my arms and rested them on the table. Why could I only experience the bitterness of falling in love with someone that could never love me back? I also wanted to experience the sweetness of falling in love with someone that could love me back. Lee Jin Hae, you are an idiot. Why did you not acceot Jonghyun that time? He was smart, handsome, kind, hurmorous, cheerful and had a good personality. What right do you have to reject him? You are nothing but an idiot. You are nothing but a nerdy, stupid, ugly idiot, Lee Jin Hae. And Lee Taemin would never fall for you. Get this right. Never.

___________________________

Pabo. Jin Hae is such a pabo for calling herself pabo!!! :( ooh! And I see Jun Hyung in my story!! o.O!! Gahh I am really tired now :( So I should go to bed yeah? :) Remember to subscribe and comment =^^= Seeeyaaa~!