P-P-P-Poker Face

The Marathon I Ran for You

Third Person’s POV

Jin Hae arrived at the dance studio at the same time as Taemin and Shin Hye. “What are you doing here?! Are you a stalker?!” Taemin freaked out when he bumped into Jin Hae at the entrance of the dance studio. “N… No. My brother told me to look for him here!” Jin Hae mumbled.  “Hi, whatever your name is. But isn’t this SM’s dance studio? Is your brother an idol too?” Shin Hye asked.

Jin Hae’s POV

Did she just call me “whatever my name is”?! She might be the Queenka of the school but she should have manners too! Was this what Hye Sun meant by her being well-mannered? I was antagonized by her impertinent remarks but what can I do? Slap her? If I really did slap her, I might get slapped by Taemin on the spot. I suppressed my anger, faked a smile and replied, “I am Jin Hae and my brother is an idol. He is Onew.”

Taemin’s POV

“I am Jin Hae and my brother is an idol. He is Onew.”  What?! Onew?!  “The Onew from SHINee? The leader of SHINee? The chicken maniac in SHINee?” I asked, not believing her words. She nodded shyly. What on earth?! “But you don’t look at all like Onew hyung! In fact, you are the complete opposite of him!” I yelled. She hung her head low in embarrassment and said, “I know. I am trying really hard to be as outstanding as him but I just cannot do it.” Although I could not see her face, I knew that she was about to cry. “Sorry. I guess I got a bit too agitated. We will be going in now. Do you want to come with us?” I tried to put on a nice tone and asked. “Y...yeah sure,” She managed a weak reply.

[In the dance studio]

Onew’s POV

“Oppa!” It was needless for me to turn around. Who else could it be? “Jin Hae!” She jumped on me and gave me a bear hug. It had been days since I last saw my sister. I missed her a lot. She was the only person that could cheer me up.  I put her down and asked, “So how have you been? Did you eat well? Did you sleep well? Did you fall sick? How was school? Oh and did you know that Taemin and Shin Hye is in the same class as you?” She put on a huge grin and replied my questions all at once,”I have been sleeping well, eating well, taking good care of myself and my grades and I do know that Taemin and Shin Hye are in my class! If you want, I would be glad to write a report and mail it to you when I get home!” “It’s good to hear that my little sister is doing fine! Come on, let me introduce to my members!”

“Hello! I am the Almighty Key! Goodness! You are so cute! Onew hyung! Why did you not introduce her to us earlier?” Key introduced himself and walked forward to pinch Jin Hae’s cheeks. “So that she would not get harassed by you and Jonghyun. Now hands off!” I said jokingly.

Jonghyun walked forward and pulled Key away, “Hi! I am Bling Bling Jonghyun and Onew, I may love skin ship a lot but I know my limits. ” He then gave Jin Hae a hug.

Minho stepped forward and gave a simple introduction, “Hi. Nice to meet you! I am Minho.”

“Taemin, it’s your turn now!” I commanded.

“She knows me already,” Taemin retorted. Oh yeah! They were in the same class! “Ok! Since everyone has introduced themselves already! I shall introduce my sister to you. She is Lee Jin Hae. Ok, that’s all! Jin Hae, I have something for you!” I pulled Jin Hae towards the locker area. I fished out two SHINee Solo Concert VIP tickets and handed them to her, “There you go! One for you and one for Hye Sun!” “Oppa! You have no idea how much I love you! Thank you!” she gave me another warm embrace. “But why do I have to make a special trip here?” “Sorry, dear. I will not be going home today and I did not know when would be the next time I would be able to see you. So I asked you to come over to pass these tickets to you,” I explained and sighed. “Awww… It’s ok! Fighting oppa! I have faith in you!” she encouraged me and did a small cheerleading dance. That was sufficient for me.  That was enough to keep me going on. Thank you, Jin Hae.

“Jin Hae, I have to go for practice now. Why don’t you follow Shin Hye to the café downstairs first? I will be down in about an hour’s time. Then we can go for dinner together!” I did not want to part with my sister but I had to. However, I could meet her in an hour’s time! Yay! She nodded obediently and left after Shin Hye bade Taemin goodbye.

[Café]

Shin Hye’s POV

The café was rather empty so we got ourselves a seat easily. “You love Taemin a lot don’t you?” I prompted her. She seemed rather taken aback by my sudden straightforwardness but I could not stand this anymore. “I… Yes, I do love him a lot,” she answered. “Well, I guessed it. The way you look at him really irks me. Why don’t you just leave him alone?” I was getting nasty. “W… What?” She was frightened. That’s right, Jin Hae.  I am going to scare you until the day you leave Taemin alone. “Don’t act innocent in front of me. Tell me. How much do you want?”

Jin Hae’s POV

What a . Taemin was not hers to begin with! I was planning to bear with her for Taemin’s sake but I was unable to take this lying down any further. “Firstly, Taemin is not yours. Secondly, every single living thing on Earth has the right to love. Thirdly, do you really think that I would accept your money?” A smirked flashed across Shin Hye’s face. She slammed the table and stood up. Gosh, she was tall! “Whatever. You are the one that is going to pay for it if you do not leave Taemin. Have fun, girl!” She then sashayed off with her branded bag slung over her right shoulder. I was utterly shocked beyond words. Hye Sun had been telling me how kind and friendly she had been and I believed her. I was really starting to doubt Hye Sun’s definitions of kind and friendly.

 

 

 

Yay! Finally a long chapter! Since I will not be updating tomorrow, I shall upload 2 chapters today :) Please remember to subscribe :D