Chapter 07

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Nobody’s POV

Today’s Saturday, and Jonghyun is now forced to do something he absolutely hates - revision for the upcoming examination. However, looking on the bright side, the tutor is Kibum, Kim Kibum; his roommate and the smartest guy in school.

 

Both Jonghyun and Kibum sat on the pristine white table which Kibum recommended weeks ago. They both stare at each other awkwardly; Jonghyun begins to touch his neck feeling nervous. Why am I nervous? Goddamnit, compose yourself! It’s just Kibummie tutoring me, and besides, he’s living with me for quite some time now, I shouldn’t be awkward around him anymore. Also, it’s Accounting, nothing else!

 

“So… Where do you want to start?” Kibum broke the awkward silence between the both of them. “Erm… I don’t know… Maybe… chapter 1?” Jonghyun sheepishly replied, head looking down, feeling a tinge of shyness. He isn’t angry right? The top student in class revisiting chapter 1 just to teach this new student. But to Jonghyun’s surprise, Kibum nods his head and went to dig up his bags to search for his notes. He didn’t disagree nor frown at Jonghyun’s decision, but instead, truthfully wanted to teach Jonghyun from the basics.

 

After a few minutes of searching, Kibum handed Jonghyun a ten-page lecture notes and commanded, “read all of these within twenty minutes.”

“Are you freaking serious?” Jonghyun clarified, eyes opening wide. “Yes Jonghyun. I’m serious,” Kibum straightforwardly replied. Jonghyun just nods his head and begin reading the notes that he was told to do so. However, Jonghyun’s mind is mentally aw-ing out loud: “oh my god! Look at Bummie’s handwriting, it’s so adorable...” Kibum’s handwriting appears to be classy and small, which attracts Jonghyun’s attention. Jonghyun read the notes at his own pace and the more he reads, the more mesmerised he gets with the younger’s handwriting. Oh lord, how can God make someone so perfect, Jonghyun thoughts to himself. Day by day, he is getting more intrigued to Kibum, soon developing a mini crush on him. In fact, for the past few weeks, Jonghyun has already taken an eye on Kibum. The different encounters they both had further solidified Jonghyun’s stance.

 

Meanwhile, Kibum took a pen and started to scribble sentences and sentences over a blank sheet of paper. Jonghyun take quick furtive glances and didn’t bother asking what he is doing, because the latter is too concentrated on his own work.

 

When 20 minutes was up, Kibum stopped Jonghyun and handed him that sheet of paper where he was curious just moments ago. Apparently, the paper contained several practice questions. Jonghyun was taken by surprise. How did Kibum managed to craft them within a short period of time? “Here. Do all of these within 15 minutes,” Kibum instructed.

 

Jonghyun obediently started to attempt the questions. It was not that difficult than he thought it was. Then, he began to write down his answers; suddenly a thought came to his mind, “wait… wait… This handwriting won’t do. I have to write neater,” Jonghyun thoughts to himself. He began to cross out the entire sentence because he felt that his handwriting is nothing compared to Kibum. To be more exact, he didn’t want to feel embarrassed with his big blocky handwriting. Kibum, who somehow knows what’s exactly on Jonghyun’s mind scolded, “yah! If you keep cancelling, you would not finish them in time.”

 

“Noo~ I wrote the answers wrongly, that’s why,” Jonghyun replied. “Don’t lie Jjong! I saw you writing the same sentences over and over again.” Kibum rebutted.

 

“Oh is it?” Jonghyun said, acting surprised, locking eyes with Kibum. “This won’t do,” Kibum replied. He then stood up and grabbed his chair placing next to Jonghyun. Kibum who was originally seated across Jonghyun now sat right beside him. Jonghyun’s face grew red like a tomato, his heart thumping faster than usual. Kibum was there, peering over to see his answers. Jonghyun soon began to feel Kibum’s hot breath, and his refreshing calm scent. Jonghyun is now getting butterflies in his stomach. Kibum is monitoring his every movement. Furthermore, their proximity is at the intimate level. Jonghyun tried his very best to continue under such circumstances, and after much effort, he completed all the questions within the time period. Compose yourself, Kim Jonghyun! Breathe in… breathe out… Relax…

 

Kibum just needed two minutes to analyse his work before commenting, “alright Jonghyun. Your problem now lies in the way you structure your answers. You have no problem understanding the question and my lecture notes so you are not that bad… Here, these are the school assignments whereby most of it I obtained full marks. You just read my answers and learn how to craft it from there. Any questions, feel free to ask me.”

 

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped. Holy cow! Kibum managed to give plentiful of feedback after seeing his answers in just a couple of minutes? He is really something. Jonghyun nodded and began to read the assignments like he was told to do so.

 

Halfway reading, Kibum declared, “oh by the way, that’s enough tutoring for today. You just have to read my assignments in your free time and I will give you practice questions and lecture notes for the other chapters in another day.”

 

“HOORAY!” Jonghyun screamed right after Kibum completed his sentence. He then unintentionally threw the thick sheets of paper in the air, completely forgotten that it’s Kibum’s and he is standing near him.

 

“YAH! Why are you throwing!” Kibum shouted.

 

Reality soon starts to kick in, “oops,” is all that Jonghyun said. He quickly bends down to retrieve the loose papers. Kibum then slowly walks towards him, and stares at the latter. Jonghyun’s head then look up and saw Kibum at a very, very weird angle. Jonghyun’s heart began to beat faster than usual, again. He gulps at this sight. Kibum has his eyebrows furrowed to the centre, eyes staring at Jonghyun. “Now I have helped you, it’s your turn now,” Kibum said with a cocky grin.

 

“Y-yes?” Jonghyun asked, still unable to contain himself. “Cook pasta for me,” is Kibum’s request.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I went to the kitchen and prepared all the ingredients that I need for this meal. Honestly speaking, I take pride in my cooking skills. However, I am neither that good nor bad in cooking, but this time round, I’m cooking for Kibummie - someone whom I have a crush on. I definitely have to cook well so that Bummie has a better impression of me after that moment where I kind of made him angry. While I’m preparing the dishes, I peered over the tinted glass in the kitchen to see what Kibum is doing. Oh my... He is now studying hard for his examinations.

 

I left him alone and continued to cook. “Pasta pasta pasta,” I hummed, “I’m cooking pasta for Bummie.” Kibummie must really love pasta, and that’s one more thing I know about him. I prepared the meal in a good mood, and I can’t wait for Kibum to taste my cooking once more.

 

I prepared the meal for two of us within twenty minutes and laid it on the table. I also placed two bottles of alcohol on the table as well. I mean alcohol is best coupled with pasta right? “Kibummie! I’ve finished cooking! Come and eat while it’s hot!” I said excitedly. Kibum immediately walked to the table, curious to see how it turned out.

 

“WOAH! Not bad!” Kibum complimented. Body immediately positioned on the chair, tongue already his red cherry lips due to the appetising pasta I made. Whew, at least he likes the way I presented it, hopefully he won’t get disappointed after taking a mouthful of pasta.

 

“Let’s dig in,” I said. “I’ll enjoy my meal,” and Kibum immediately used his fork and swish a hefty amount of pasta and shoving it straight into his mouth. He couldn’t help but exclaim the different “ummm” and “ahhhh” out loud. I held my laughter to myself; Kibummie can get really cute at times like this. He continued to eat the pasta as if he didn’t eat for the past few days. You deserved it Kibum. No, in fact, you deserve more than this plate of pasta as you spent your entire afternoon guiding me in my studies.

 

Watching Kibum eat makes me feel full already, hence I decided to start pouring the beer that I bought. “Kibum, you are old enough right?” I clarified. The younger didn’t even bother replying but nod his head once. He then went to take another spoonful. I poured two glasses and only drank the beer, leaving the pasta untouched. The more I drink, the dizzier I become. The alcoholic effects are slowing getting into me, and it’s dangerous.

 

“Kibum~~” I said, a little sober.

 

“Yeah?” The latter replied, mouth still full. “Thank you for teaching me just now.”


“No problem!” Kibum replied. “Kibummm,” I continued. “Yess?”

 

“Do you hate me?” I asked, after taking another sip. Hell no! Why would Kibum hate me? I must be dizzy. I then added, “no right?”

 

I tried my best to maintain eye contact with Kibum. He appears to be a little shocked by my comment.

 

Kibum’s POV

NO! Definitely no! Who says I hate you Jjong? I find his question absurd and didn’t even bother replying. However, I asked, feeling a little concerned, “Jonghyun, you fine?”


“Yes Bummie. Con-continue ea-ting.” Jonghyun barely finishes his words.

 

“Gosh, are you drunk already?” I question. “Of course not. My li-limit isn’t this l-low, y-you know.” Jonghyun replied. He then drank another cup, still continuously saying that he isn’t drunk. But clearly, he is drunk. I mean who wouldn’t know whether if someone is drunk a not based on their verbal communication and body posture? In his drunk state, Jonghyun shared his many experiences in life. The perfect life he was living in England and then… being bullied in school. I was in disbelief when Jjong said that he got bullied by Joo Won and our classmates during his first week in school.

 

At this point, I no longer have the appetite the eat any further. However, I continued sitting beside him, entertaining his questions and acting like a listening ear. Honestly speaking, Jjong looks really cute when he is drunk. He would suddenly erupt into a series of cute aegyo just to get my attention. I find it fascinating that someone could change so much within a short period of time after having alcohol.

 

It’s getting late. Time flies much faster than expected. I entertained Jonghyun for a full two hours already. All of a sudden, he passed out right in front of me. Heads on the table. This is the moment I realised that Jjong has passed his alcohol limit.

 

“Jonghyun?” I called his name, trying to wake him up. When there is no response, I wrapped my arms around his waist and tried to carry him onto our bed. Damn it! Jonghyun is really heavy. Much heavier than the time I carried him when he got injured in school. However, after several minutes, I managed to carry Jonghyun back to the bed. I stared at him for a few minutes, and whispered, “you’ve worked hard Jonghyun, now take a good nap.” I then decided to leave him alone.

 

When I was about to leave the bed, Jonghyun grabbed my arm. He isn’t asleep? I question to myself. “Kibummmmm.” I shrugged and shook Jonghyun off. He is really drunk apparently. “I have something to say…” Jonghyun continues. “What?” I asked, not bothering to look at him, but instead trying to free myself from his grip. “I… think I’m in love with you…” With that, he exerts a little more strength and pushes me down to him. I was now lying on top of Jonghyun, the distance between us is only two inches apart. I stared at his half-opened eyes and opened my mouth wide. Never have I thought that Jonghyun is in love with me. Well, he is drunk, perhaps he might be just kidding. However, his words and actions certainly make my heart flutter. My heart began thumping quickly. I stared at Jonghyun, not knowing what to do next.


Chapter 07

Word count: 2035

Date Published: August 29, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: I'm back! I'm not sure whether did this progress faster than your expectations, but, Jjong is drunk, maybe it doesn't really count it as a proper confession. XP See you guys soon!

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!