Chapter 05

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Jonghyun’s POV
“Wake up Jonghyun!!! We are late for school!” Kibum’s loud voice pierced through my ears. I groaned, “What time is it?”

“There’s no more time! Hurry and wake up you sleepy-! We're late!” I forced myself to get up and saw a half-awake Kibum. Apparently Kibum also just got up and now we are both late for school.

I took a moment to glance at Kibum: his hair is messy and his face is radiant. His feline eyes were still sparkling even though it’s 8:02 am, early in the morning. Kibum was frantically rummaging his small bags of clothes which he didn’t sort out yesterday, looking for his school uniform. “I think we should just brush our teeth and change our uniform. That will do,” I requested. “Oh duh. Come on, Jonghyun! Why are you still on bed?”

“Relax, take your time Kibummie. My mum told me not to run no matter how late we are.” I said, slowly getting off the bed. “You’re dumb aren't you? We are not even running.” I simply ignored his comment not finding his joke funny and went to the bathroom to begin the day.

Both of us skipped our usual morning shower and brushed our teeth at the speed of light. We changed to our un-ironed uniforms and dashed across the streets of Seoul. After much huffing and puffing, we arrived to our class at 8:28 am, barely making it on time. The moment both of us entered the class, everyone directs their attention to us with curious looks. They were rather surprised to see me with Kibum coming into class together, with our messy outfits.

“Why are all of you staring at us?” I bluntly said. The class remained silent. I look at Kibum, he is standing still, head lowered, a bit embarrassed that he is close to being late for the first time ever in his life. I grabbed his hands right in front of everyone else and the class opened their eyes wide. Afterwards, I brought the still shy and surprised Kibum forward to our usual seats.

“Gosh that was embarrassing,” Kibum whispers. “Yah! How can you be embarrassed even at this kind of situation?” I replied.

“Do you know this is the latest time I’ve ever come into class?” Kibum said. “Me too! And this is my second week of school… and I’m already close to being late.”

Soon after, the Professor caught us whispering. I immediately closed my mouth and paid attention to the white board. When the Professor directs his attention at someone else, I quickly turned to Jonghyun and whispered, “let’s concentrate!”

Nobody's POV
After the class ends, Kibum requested that both of us go home together since we both do not have any other plans after school. However, when walking through the streets of Seoul, Kibum caught sight of the new launch of an ice-cream store. “Want to get one?” Jonghyun asked, after seeing Kibum paying much attention to the shop. “Well..., I can get you one.” Jonghyun smirks.


“Really?” Kibum replies. Jonghyun nods his head, and Kibum pointed to the large signage that reads, ‘Vanilla Ice-cream. $2 each’. “I want that,” Kibum pouts. “Aigoo! Are you showing that cute kitty-like face to get it for free?” Kibum turns away, embarrassed. "Alright, alright. I would get you that, for free."

Jonghyun has never tasted ice-cream and only brought one for Kibum. They both sat on a nearby bench. Jonghyun cutely watches Kibum unwrap the vanilla ice-cream, but Kibum can’t seem to remove the plastic wrapper. People soon start to take notice of the both of them. With many whispering, “who’s that young guy beside Kim Jonghyun?”, “What… are they both friends?”, and many more questioning Kibum’s identity and his relationship towards the son of MIZUHO Company.

“Hey…,” Kibum whispers… “Many people are watching us. I think we should just leave…,” Kibum adds on.

“What? No! Let’s not care about them. It looks like you’re having trouble unwrapping… Here, give me your ice-cream, I will unwrap them specially for you.” Kibum was reluctant, but suddenly, Jonghyun reaches out his hands and grab it from Kibum’s possession. Jonghyun tore the plastic wrapping of the ice-cream within seconds and carefully handing it back. “It’s really fine actually…” Kibum said, a slight shade of pink appears from his face.

The crowd got bigger and bigger and many starts taking photographs as if they both were a popular idol. Suddenly, a crazy sasaeng fan* (someone who is overly obsessed) of Jonghyun dashes right in front of him and pushes Kibum away from the bench, causing him to tumble and fall. Kibum loses grip of the ice-cream and even before taking a bite, it was dropped to the ground. His knees also slid across the rough ground, injuring him.

“Kibum!” Jonghyun shouts, and when he was about to stand and help him up, the sasaeng fan grabs Jonghyun’s wrists, and said, “look only at me Jonghyun. I’m your fan! Now can we take a picture together?” Jonghyun ignored the latter and continues to stare at Kibum, concerned. 

"Argh… it’ hurts.” Kibum exclaims. Kibum tried to get up on his own, but another fan dashed forward, pushing Kibum aside. Many rushed to catch a glimpse of the wealthy man. Soon later, due to the bandwagon effect, other passerby came to crowd around, not knowing what are the fans crowding Jonghyun for. Some not noticing the injured Kibum, pushed him aside. “Kibum! Kibummie!” Jonghyun shouts, but the crowd’s screams were louder. Within seconds, Jonghyun was surrounded by more than twenty fans. He can no longer find Kibum due to the huge crowd.

Kibum tried to stand up on his own, but it was difficult. He was severely injured as he got stepped on several times. Then, a man came up and extends a hand to the injured student. Kibum knew who he was. It was Minho, Choi Minho, or also known as, Kibum’s ex-boyfriend. Since young, Kibum is only interested in guys and Minho was his very first boyfriend. Minho is an athlete and studies at the same school as Kibum, but they both broke up after two months, due to overlapping interests. However, they both promised to still remain friends. Minho lifts the latter up, and brought Kibum to a nearby deserted corner in the streets of Seoul.

After settling on a bench, Minho offered, "I will take you to the doctor.”

“But Jonghyun’s still in there… surrounded by people... ” Kibum barely replied due to the pain he was experiencing.

“Who cares about him?” Minho jokes. Apparently the rumour about Jonghyun being a jerk has even spread across the entire school. Now even Minho believes that Jonghyun is one.

“If you don’t want to save him, then I would,” Kibum gets up determinedly and limps forward. “Okay, okay. I will go in. You rest here for the time being, alright?”

Kibum nods. Jonghyun was all alone by himself. The place was so crowded that there’s no room even for an apple to fall. Jonghyun tried to calm down the crowd but was unsuccessful. Jonghyun was soon blinded by the many cameras, he used his arms to shield his eyes, and continued to try to calm the loud crowd. On the other hand, Minho was prepared to walk in. He grabbed his sunglasses from his outer jacket and which perfectly fits him. He then removes his thick black outer jacket, revealing his worked muscles. With tremendous force, he pushes his way towards the crowd. Upon seeing Jonghyun, he lifts his jacket to shield him from the flashes from the camera. “No time for words. Let’s leave here quickly.” 


“Wait… but Kibum. Where’s he?” Minho barely manages to hear Jonghyun due to the loud noises.

“Gosh! Are you both lovers or something? He’s safe. Now let’s leave,” Jonghyun nods, agreeingly.

Minho uses his hands to shield Jonghyun, just like a knight in shining armour and escorted Jonghyun from the huge crowd.

Kibum was still sitting alone in the small corner, hiding from those crazy people. As time flies, Kibum gets more worried. Is Jonghyun safe? Why are they taking a long time? Kibum got a little impatient and began to become to think pessimistically. It's all my fault. Why did I even want to have that ice-cream. Jjong... Please come back safe. Meanwhile, after Jonghyun was freed from the crowd, the both ran together in random directions to disperse the crowd.

When the crowd has dispersed, Jonghyun asked Minho, exhausted, and with a worried look, “now where’s Kibum?”

“Follow me,” is all that Minho said. Minho brought Jonghyun to the place where Kibum was. Once Jonghyun caught sight of Kibum, he races towards him and hugged the latter. Kibum was surprised. Very surprised. Eyes widening due to Jonghyun’s sudden actions. “I thought... I am not going to see you forever…,” Jonghyun sobs. Tears soon started falling from his eyes. Kibum was relieved, Jonghyun was safe from all of that weird people. Kibum then returned the hug, patting Jonghyun's shoulders to calm him down. Reality soon started to sink in. Kibum then saw the awkward Minho witnessing this moment. Minho was calm and relaxed, hands in his pocket, staring at the two of them intently. “What are you doing? It’s embarrassing. Minho is staring!” Kibum began to get a little shy. Even though Minho and Kibum had ended their relationship ages ago, Kibum find it terribly weird for his ex to stare at him hugging with another guy. 

Jonghyun then placed his hands on Kibum's shoulders, and said, “how many times have I reminded you not to bother those who are staring at us you !”

Kibum chuckled, “it’s a habit, I guess.” Jonghyun pinches his chubby cheeks. “Aigoo. You’re so cute!”

“Are both of you lovers?” Minho finally interrupted, not able to withstand the both of them ignoring his presence. He can’t seem to help feel (just) a little jealous seeing his ex now close to another guy which is not just any ordinary guy; a prosperous man to be exact.

“Nah. We are close friends,” Jonghyun said, wiping off his tears and helping Kibum up.

“Thank you Minho,” Jonghyun said. “I will bring him to the doctors. You don’t have to worry,” he adds on.

Minho nods and waves his hands. He slowly walked off, leaving the two of them alone in a deserted corner of Seoul.

“Can you walk?” Jonghyun asked, concerned.

Kibum ignored, and tried taking his first step forward, but was met with a loud groan.

“It looks like you have difficulty walking… here... get on my back.”

“I-i-it’s okay… I can walk, but we’ve to walk slowly, very slowly.”

Jonghyun squats in front of Kibum, face facing forward. His hands then tapping his shoulder, signalling Kibum to get up. "Hurry. I need to get you cured as soon as possible."

“It’s really okay… Jjong... "

“No... Just get up. Let’s not waste time, alright Kibummie? I can manage it.”

And so, Kibum gets on the back of Jonghyun and they both went to the nearby doctor after much hindrance. The doctor diagnosed Kibum’s knee, and realised that apart from the bruises, Kibum’s leg is also sprained. The doctor prescribed some ointment, and a day of sick leave. They both went back to Jonghyun’s home and Kibum slept for the rest of the day.

 


 

Chapter 05

Word Count: 1912

Date Published: July 9, 2016; Edited: August 17, 2016

Author: Shawolverse 

Find SHAWOLVERSE on INSTAGRAM! @shawolverse (https://www.instagram.com/shawolverse/?hl=en)

~ @shawolverse (a full k-pop and SHINee account) mainly uploads SHINee quotes and edits! Do check if you are interested!


 

 

Author's Note: I'm back! Hope you enjoy this chapter! See you soon! :)

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!