Chapter 06

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Read Author's Note. Thank you.

Kibum’s POV
I woke up from my deep sleep and was exempted from school today due to yesterday’s circumstances. A smell then began wafting in the air. It’s delicious, good and savoury. I went to the kitchen in a daze and saw Jonghyun. He is wearing a clean white apron, standing in front of a stove.

“Jjong…” I grumbled, slightly bewildered to see him. Shouldn’t he be in school by now?

Jonghyun turned around and switched the fire to low, “oh you are awake! Are you feeling better?”

“W-why are you here?” I asked, confused. “Or am I seeing things…” I added.

Jonghyun wipes his hand on his apron and walks towards me. I know that this ain’t a dream anymore. He cups his hands on my cheeks and smiles widely, and said, “I’m preparing your breakfast. Now go and wash yourself.” I remained stationary on the ground, completely surprised by Jonghyun’s sudden actions. My eyes then grew wide. Jonghyun moves his fingers from my cheeks and rubs my eyes, attempting to remove the crusts that formed overnight. I opened my mouth, but didn’t know how to react. Jonghyun moves his head closer to me, attempting to find out what’s going on in my mind. His lips was only 5 centimetres close towards mine. “Hey. Why are you still standing here? Now go and bathe while I prepare you your meal.” Jonghyun chuckled.

My face reddens all of a sudden. “O-okay.” Thank god I finally able to say something, but I couldn’t force myself to turn around and walk towards the bathroom. Come on Kibum! Turn around! Why are you still staring at him? Jonghyun seems to catch notice of me blushing. He takes another smile and this time round, he places his hands on my shoulder, turned my body around and pushes me lightly towards the bathroom. “Now go and have a good shower Kibum.” Jonghyun closed the door and I was left alone in the bathroom, still surprised.

My heart began to race. Heartbeat becoming faster and stronger. What’s wrong with me? Why is my heart racing? I switched on the showerhead and warm water begin to flow. I sat in the bathtub, the waters slowly dripping on my skin. Flashbacks of what had happened yesterday began to cross my mind all of a sudden… Jonghyun hugging me… Jonghyun piggybacking me… Jonghyun going to the doctors with me… What’s happening to me…? Why am I recalling all of these memories? Am I in… No. It can’t be… right?

After a good twenty minutes, I switched off the showerhead and walked out of the bathtub. I wrapped a towel around my waist and began to walk towards the door. Suddenly, my mind went blank. I slipped and fell on the wet floors in the toilet. A loud thud could be heard.

“Ouch.” I muttered to myself. I lay motionless on the floor. This time round, my knee got hurt. Why have I received many bad luck recently.

Jonghyun’s POV
I heard a loud crashing sound, coming from the toilet. . Did something happen to Kibum? I quickly switched off the stove and ran straight to the toilet.

“Kibum! Is everything fine?” I asked twice, and knocking on the locked toilet door. “Kibum! Answer me!” I continued, not hearing any response.

A faint sound can be heard, and I’m relieved that Kibum could talk. He’s alive! “I’m…”

“Yes…? Are you fine? Can you talk? Can you open the door?” I ask instantly after hearing Kibum’s response.

I waited for a few seconds, and did not manage to hear Kibum reply. “Wait for me Kibum. I will open the door with the toilet key.”

I rushed off to my drawers and search desperately for the toilet emergency keys. “Found it.” With a huge sigh of relief, I went back to the toilet and without hesitation, unlocked the door.

I saw Kibum… on the floor… still alive of course… I rushed towards the other. He was lying on the floor, with a towel brought up to his waist. His top… is simply amazing and interesting.

“YAH! What are you looking at!” Kibum hissed. “No-nothing. B-but why you can’t talk earlier on?” The two of us stared at each other and both of our faces are now becoming red. We are both embarrassed.

What should I do? Should I help him up? Or should I call the ambulance? After the awkward silence surrounding both of us, I extended my hand to help Kibum out. He then stares at me, with a sympathetic face. I swear his face was the cutest I’ve ever seen in my entire life. The look of a lost bunny. Kibum then held my hand. It is warm. It is also milky soft. God how can one’s hands be this nice to touch.

I brought him up. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah… I’m fine. I will get changed now.” Kibum said and went to the room to change his clothes. This is my first time seeing Kibum in such a way. This feeling… I can’t explain it… Am I falling in love with this guy? Or… what?

I went back to the stove to continue preparing the meal. It’s close to completion actually. All that was left to do is to put it on the dining table.

Kibum’s POV
He saw it! He saw it! ! He saw it! What am I supposed to do now? He just saw my body! How am I supposed to meet him now? And what if… he even saw… ! I don’t want to think anymore. I quickly grabbed a new pair of clothes and changed it quickly, hoping that these thoughts will go away.

After changing, I went out and saw Jonghyun waiting right outside. I froze. He was wearing a dirty smile. “Hope you had a nice shower! Now your breakfast has been completed. Follow me Kibummie!” Jonghyun grabbed my hands and excitedly brought me to the dining table. Gosh. Why is he smiling in such a sweet way. Is he teasing me...?

“Why are you so good to me?” I asked, while walking towards the table. “Cause you are sick.” Jonghyun replied. “Here. Take a sip of this warm cup of espresso.”

I was glad and relieved that Jonghyun did not really brought up the incident that happened just now. Thank you Jonghyun, for not making me feel embarrassed.

I took a sip of the espresso. It was very good, even better than my imaginations. It might also be because I’ve not tasted espresso in years. Or the ingredients Jonghyun used to prepare this might be luxurious. My mood instantly becomes brighter by tenfold.

“It’s gooooood.” I commented. “Oh yeah! I think I could become a coffee maker!” Jonghyun celebrated after receiving a compliment from me, feeling like he’s on cloud nine. I stared at him judgingly and Jonghyun looked back at me, confused.  I then asked, “you mean… a barista?”

“What?” Jonghyun has that baffled face and was kind of embarrassed he used the wrong term for defining someone who makes coffee.

“Nevermind then. Your studies must have been rock bottom.” I smirk. “Duh. I’ve never studied in my entire life!” Jonghyun said honestly.

Jonghyun who was originally seated beside me stands up, took a spoon from the dining table and scooped a generous amount of scrambled eggs. He then turns his spoon to make it face me and said, “ahhhhhh.”

I joked, “you aren't feeding me now, right?”

 


 

Chapter 06

Word Count: 1248

Date Updated: 30 July 2016

Author: Shawolverse 

Find SHAWOLVERSE on INSTAGRAM! @shawolverse (https://www.instagram.com/shawolverse/?hl=en)

~ @shawolverse (a full k-pop and SHINee account) mainly uploads SHINee quotes and edits! Do check if you are interested!


 

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the loooooooong update. I was so busy with schoolwork! And from now onwards, updates would be a little slower. Hopefully all of you can understand! :)

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!