Chapter 03

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Jonghyun’s POV
It’s my second day in school and time flies much slower than I expected. Many things happened today. My classmate who sat with me on the first day of school has now sat in a different place. I dozed off for more than half the lesson as I still find everything foreign to me. Today is a rather exciting day as well. I have just bought a bungalow somewhere down the street and lesson has ended and I am about to go shopping for furniture. However, a boy who seems taller than me came up to me with a fierce glance. Before I even knew it, he landed a punch right on my face.

“What the hell?” I cursed in front of him.

Even without replying, he landed his second punch right to my stomach. The tremendous force pushes me backwards, making me tumble and fall. I am very agitated right now. I got up and I anticipated his next attack and dodged his next punch. But then, another guy came from behind and kicked my spine. I fell straight to the floor, feeling a little unconscious. Shortly later, another group of boys came and hit me, hard. Bruises became visible on my skin and I can feel pain aching over my entire body. Afterwards, a group of females came in and stepped and spat on me. I lay motionless on the ground, my thoughts of hatred became pangs of guilt. What have I done to deserve this? Am I already an outcast in the first week of school?


“Hey, that’s enough.” Joo Won speaks up. For a moment I thought he was with me, but then, I was wrong. He went close to my ears and whispered, “I hope this will teach you something. Don’t act bossy in front of us again.” He then kicked my body and signal everyone to leave.

It’s ridiculous. I am already being an outcast on the third day of school and even getting bullied by my own classmates. I tried to call for help, but I realised that there was no one, only echoes can be heard. I stayed there motionless for a few hours, before struggling to get up from the ground. I reached for my school bag somewhere ten metres away from me and suddenly my phone rings.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?” It’s my father. I want to enquire more but words cannot leave my mouth because of the immense pain I’m experiencing.

“KIM JONGHYUN. YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENING? YOUR SCHOOL TEACHER CALLED ME UP. DO YOU EVEN THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING? YOU BETTER GET TO YOUR SENSES IF NOT, YOU ARE FIRED FROM MIZUHO. AND YES. DON’T THINK THAT I WILL NOT DARE TO DO SO EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE MY SON. WHY CAN’T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CAUSING ME TROUBLE SINCE YOUNG?”

Tears started to fall from my already watery eyes. Even though I appear tough and manly on the outside, but in reality, I’m a softie. I’m not strong at all. In fact, I was scared to death when they started to attack me in groups. When I tried to get up, I was reminded of my past mistakes. I began to reflect on my actions. I want to change for the better, but how could I? No one’s on my side right now.

*Tap… tap… tap… *

I hear footsteps. I want to turn and see who’s there, but my body says otherwise. Are there more people coming after me? What do they want from me? The footsteps began to get louder and louder. I shut my eyes tight, prepared to get hit with whoever that person is. But then… I felt a warm touch on my shoulder. It was a gentle one. The one which makes me feel like an angel has descended from heaven to save me from this misery. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw…

Kibum’s POV
“Are you alright?” I knelt down towards the guy who’s hurt.

What the hell am I saying? Of course he is not alright! His shirt is shredded into pieces. There are blood oozing out as well as those which are already dried up. There’s also visible tears. How can he be alright? Gosh, why did I even ask such a silly question?

I am still awkward around Jonghyun. Even though I sat with him on the first day of class, but I didn’t really talk to him except for a few casual passing comments. I still get butterflies in my stomach upon seeing him. I guess it is probably our status. He is one of the richest guy on earth and me? A poverty-stricken young man.

Jonghyun didn’t reply. Or I guess, he tried to reply, but failed to do so. He then gently hovers his head towards my chest. I froze then and there. He is so vulnerable right now. I guess he needed warmth, but no one is willing to help him. I gently his hair and cups his fingers with my own hands and whisper to him, “Don’t worry. Everything is going to be alright. Believe in me.”

I tried to help him stand up, but I realised he kind of, fell asleep. Or more accurately, fainted due to excessive blood loss. This won’t do, Jonghyun needs treatment. I carried him on my back and began to leave the school’s most deserted classroom which is on the sixth floor. There was no one in school at this time. Teachers and students had left the school. I brought him to the school’s sick bay which was open twenty-four seven. I can admit Jonghyun is heavy but I had to treat his injuries which are pretty severe as well. How could I take a rest halfway cause I’m tired? He’s in severe pain right now. That’s what I thought to myself which motivates me to keep on moving.

After arriving with much difficulty, I placed him on the bed and began to rummage for bandages and medications in one of the wooden drawers. I ripped off his clothes and what horrified me the most was the vast amount of visible bruises. I waste no time and applied some ointment on a cotton wool and gently taps on the bruises.

It took me a full ten minutes to finish the job and by the time I finish it, I’m exhausted. I sat on the chair beside Jonghyun and promised to sleep for ten minutes before helping him to wrap some bandage on his waist, but I guess, I broke my promise and slept longer than expected. Too long until it’s the start of a brand new day. In fact, the day’s Saturday.

Jonghyun’s POV
What happened yesterday? Where am I? What time is it now? I try to get up from bed, but was met with ailing pain. Argh, I groaned.

*yawns* “Oh... You woke up.” a familiar voice can be heard from the side which I didn’t take any notice before.

“You… You are the…” I said in disbelief.

“I’m Kibum. Kim Kibum. Nice to meet you.”

“So... you’re Kibum...”

“Erm... yeah…” I nod awkwardly. 

Reality soon started to sink in. I now remembered what really happened yesterday and Kibum was the one who saved me and brought me here.

“Thank you.” I said, sincere, breaking the unwanted silence between the both of us.

“Oh. It-it-it's okay.” Kibum stutters.

“Why are you stuttering?” I asked curiously.

“No-Nothing. It’s just…”

I smile gently after seeing Kibum getting tensed up and embarrassed. A light shade of pink soon began to appear on his face. Oh my, he’s such a cute creature. And I have just realised it today.

“Erm… Since you are awake, I will take my leave.”

“That’s early... If you plan to reduce the awkwardness between the both of us by leaving, I guess you shouldn’t...”

“I actually have a morning shift to do today.”

“Oh is it? So I guess the rumours that you work everyday are true... Go for your work then. Hurry! I’m perfectly fine now.”

Kibum’s POV
Hooray! I’ve finally found an excuse. You’re easy, Jonghyun. I just want to get back home and take a nice refreshing bath and spend the rest of the day in my pillows. However, when I was about to leave, Jonghyun speaks up. Wait… did I just got caught? . I slowly turned towards him with a confused expression.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Erm, do you mind becoming friends?”

“Why all of a sudden?”

“Oh, you don’t want? It’s alright then…”

I take a quick glance at Jonghyun and realised he was deeply saddened by my reply. His eyes were now looking down, fingers intertwining each other, lips slightly open to breathe out a long sigh.

"Why the sulk?" I question.

"Huh? Nothing..."

“Let’s be friends then!” I said.

“Really?”

“Yeah..”

Jonghyun’s face lights up instantly. He is now smiling and his mood went up tenfold. I walk towards the table and grabs Jonghyun’s cell phone and began to key in my phone number into his. But apparently he doesn’t know what I was doing.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun asked curiously.

“Here. I have saved my contact in your phone. If you need any help, feel free to call me, alright?” I flashes a smile and somehow also winked towards Jonghyun.

Jonghyun nods like a lost puppy, still confused about what had just happened.

 

***

A few days later..

It’s Monday which was also coincidentally the start of the new month. *Sigh* This means that I would have to go and beg my employer again to continue to let me stay without paying my rent. When I thought everything is going to work out fine just like the previous months, I was apparently wrong. I walked to the apartment and was shocked to see my belongings scattered around the doorstep. No way... I'm kicked out of the apartment? I then walk towards the door and gave a knock. However, no one is answering.

“Don’t be like that… I will pay you soon, I promise!” I scream from afar hoping that my landlord will give me a second chance, but there was no reply.

YAH! FINE! I leave! Seriously how can you throw my belongings outside like this? I saved up that much money for those you know.”

 


Chapter 03

Word Count: 1741

Date Published: June 28, 2016; Edited: August 9, 2016

Author: Shawolverse


Author's Note: I'm back! This chapter is shorter than expected. Expect more JongKey interactions as they both have became friends! Yay! See ya'll soon!

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!