Chapter 08

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Jonghyun’s POV

The next morning, I woke up lazily and realised that Kibum is not by my side, which is very unusual. Every morning without fail, either one of us would wake the other up depending on who’s the one who woke up first. Today, is the only exception. I groaned lazily and glanced at the wall clock; it displayed: 9:05am. I’m so late for school. I stood up lazily trying to find Kibum but came across a note sticked on the table - it’s from Kibum: “You drank a lot last night... I do not want to bother your sleep, hence I went to school without waking you up. I’ve something to talk to you regarding yesterday..., see you soon. ^^ ~Kibum”

 

Even though my eyes are still a little tired in the morning, I still cannot believe that Kibum’s handwriting is still neat and classy. I smiled after receiving my very first handwritten note from him. After reading the content, a wave of shock and guilt dawned upon me. Why did Kibum want to talk to me? I tried recalling what I did these past few days and then remembered something oddly strange. I got drunk last night… right? What did I do while I was drunk last night? Is it something terribly wrong?

 

I must have drank a lot, I sighed. I decided to ignore this for a while and went to the bathroom, but I caught sight of the dining table. Snippets of what had happened last night start to get back to me. Oh ya! I was cooking pasta for Bummie as he taught me last afternoon. What happened afterwards…? I tried to think hard and unknowingly, my heart began to beat quicker. So quick that I find it hard to ignore it. Then, dirty thoughts began crossing my mind. Don’t tell me… I… k-kissed him? No way! Even though I myself admit that I’m in love with Kibum, I would never think of doing that even without confessing my feelings to him first!

 

I tried to recall but I can’t seem to figure out what’s that one thing I did to him. I didn’t do something wrong or embarrassing in front of Kibum right? Argh! These thoughts make my mind mad. How should I face him afterwards?

 

I laid all thoughts at the back of my mind, and decided to start my usual morning routine. When I’m finished, I felt bored. I decided to skip school today as it is already late. Deciding to do something beneficial for my studies, I decided to read Kibum’s school’s assignments like I was told yesterday and this was the first time I’m studying on my own. After minutes of reading, my eyes slowly began to feel tired. Too tired that I eventually fell asleep on a couch. Without realising, hours passed in a flash.

 

Kibum’s POV

I walked back home after school and everything went terribly wrong this morning. I forgot to bring my notebook and had no other choice but to copy the notes on a piece of paper. I also went to the wrong classroom accidentally and my face blushed like a tomato. With a sigh, I opened the door and entered Jonghyun’s apartment. Finally, it’s peaceful here…

 

I placed my bag on the table and saw Jonghyun asleep on the couch, hands holding a stack of notes which was on his stomach. I walked towards him and unknowingly, I commented: “Jonghyun you fool! Why are you sleeping here?"

 

I then stared at him much longer than I should. He’s sleeping so soundly… “You’re cute when you sleep,” I whispered towards him, and pinched his nose. At that moment, a few strands of hair then fell down due to the cold breeze. Upon watching that, I used my hands and swayed the hair to the side, away from his eyes. I then smiled once more after seeing his sleepy face once more.

 

Another gust of wind then blowed… He must feel cold…, I thought. I walk towards the bedroom and fetched a blanket and slowly covering Jonghyun to prevent him from getting a cold. After staying with him for a long period of time, I decided to start my revision proper.

 

I tiptoed myself towards the study table and plugged in my earpiece, and scrolled through my music playlist selecting the one composed of instrumentals. I always listen to soft, soothing piano tracks to make me feel at ease and organise my thoughts whilst studying. This way, I would be more focused on the task at hand.

 

In the midst of reading my notes, I felt a pair of hands wrapping my neck from behind. Jonghyun, definitely Jonghyun. I immediately stopped my reading and decided to ask what’s he is doing but before I could even speak, he used his fingers and wrote words on my back. After analysing, I figured out that Jonghyun wrote: “It’s me, Jonghyun. Now continue your revision.” I smirked and spoke, “how am I going to concentrate with you touching my back?"

 

Jonghyun then used his fingers and write on my back again, “I miss… your scent.” Without warning, he then peered closer to me, stuffing his nose into my thick block of hair. It felt weird… very weird… He. Just. Sniffed. My. Hair. Jonghyun then slowly removed my left earpiece and whispered directly to my left ear, “thank you… for the blanket. It’s comfortable." His hot breath whispering directly in my ear sent chills down my spine. This was the first time we both were so close with one another.

 

I want to face him but he gripped me tighter, and whispered once more, “don’t turn behind… I will go to you…” With that, I heard some shuffling and Jonghyun began to manoeuvre around the table and sat directly opposite me. His hair is a bit messy and he has the blanket wrapped around his shoulders. He then flashed a genuine and sincere smile, and asked, “you have something to say is it? What is it?"

 

I stuttered, “err… err… nothing!” I tried to force a smile, hoping that Jonghyun would not take notice. For some reason, I couldn’t bare myself to speak about what had happened last night. I just couldn’t! I mean… it would make the both of us feel awkward. And…, I didn’t know where to start as well.

 

Upon hearing my reply, Jonghyun’s smile washed off instantly, slightly disappointed by my response. I think he is expecting something more than my ty reply.

 

“Oh… okay,” Jonghyun replied, sadness evident in his voice. This is where the awkwardness filled the room once more. Both of us stared at each other, not knowing what to say. Jonghyun’s hands start to fidget on the table while my eyes began to shoot at random directions across the room.

 

“Actually-“

“Actually-“

 

Coincidentally, both of us spoke at the same time. And now, another wave of awkwardness… “You can speak first, Kibummie,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Okay… Erhem… What I wanted to say was… the school has organised an overseas trip to London in a few days time…"

 

Jonghyun’s head suddenly peeks up, “so sudden? Why I haven’t heard of that?" I replied, “the Professor actually spoke to us before you transferred to our school… and…"

 

Jonghyun cuts my sentence halfway, “you are going, is it?”

 

I slowly gave a nod but quickly added, “do you want to come with me? I asked the Professor earlier this morning and he said that he doesn’t mind as there are still sufficient vacancies."

 

“IS IT?” Jonghyun raises his eyebrow, eyes opening big. Jonghyun is now feeling a little more happy and excited, and I’m glad to see him in this way.

 

“Yeah… Professor Park also states that we can have our own free time as well. And perhaps we can have a date…"

 

I immediately stopped continuing my sentence. Wait, wait, wait! A date! Gosh why am I telling Jonghyun this? Actually, I also have a crush on Jonghyun. And when yesterday he kinda confessed to me when drunk, I felt really happy with his confession. This is where I figured out that both of us have feelings for each other and so I wanted to, you know, have a date, so that we can get closer to each other. But, now isn’t the time to say it, right!? What do I do now? Jonghyun must have heard it clearly. “Erm… Erm… ,“ I continued.

 

“Bummie~~ As you was saying… The date. It’s 20th September, right? It’s three days from now… correct?" Jonghyun asked.

 

“YEA-Yea- Yes. Correct.. Er herherher," I replied. Whew! Luckily Jonghyun didn’t realise anything… He must be busy thinking of other things, I guess. And so, our conversation ended. I immediately called the Professor informing him that Jonghyun would be coming as well, while Jonghyun began to prepare his bank credentials so that he could transfer money over to the school (as overseas trips are not free).

 

After the commotion, I continued my revision while Jonghyun continued to read my notes. But, I couldn’t concentrate… Probably because Jonghyun is right by my side… or this London trip… is making me excited…


Chapter 08

Word count: 1527

Date Published: September 7, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: Helloooo! I've updated. I'm not sure whether are you guys satisfied with this chapter~~~ I know, the ending for this chapter is kinda... blunt and sudden. I'm also very tired right now >.< 

and... 

I heard KIBUMMIE is guesting on RUNNING MAN?!?!?!?! I can't wait!!

SHINee World IV concert is also lit af!

Have plenty of rest Onew!

SHINee is coming back soon guys!

and...

Kibum's BIRTHDAY as well!! 

Oh! Have you guys started watching Kibum's tvn drama, Drinking Solo? He's so cute and squishy in there! His accent as well! It's been a long time since I last heard him talk in Daegu accent! 

OK... bye for now!~

PS:: Thank you for your lovely comments and subscribers as well! Love ya'll! <3

 

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!