Chapter 04

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

The above edit quote is done by me! Visit my instagram account (my account details are below) for more!

P.S. I'm promoting my account, hope you don't mind! :)

 

Kibum’s POV
I strolled into class depressed. I’ve lost my shelter and now I’ve to find another. For those who do not know, finding a new landlord is a tough and tiring job. I have to search online for one and the location and rent are also a problem as well. I walked to my seat, laid my head on the table and pondered, how am I going to find a new home?

I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me caught off guard. I turned my head around and it was Jonghyun. He is surprisingly early for school today and why is that so?

“You okay?” Jonghyun asked, concerned.

“Kind of,” I replied sluggishly.

“What’s the matter?” Jonghyun takes his seat and places his right hand on my shoulder and leans towards me. He then stares straight into my eyes awaiting an answer.

Jonghyun was really close to me. I took a moment to admire his facial features before replying, “Well… My landlord chased me out of his flat as I did not pay the rent on time.”

After hearing my response, Jonghyun gave a barking laugh. “You serious? You got chased out of your flat? And that’s why you are in a bad mood? Why get depressed over such stupid things in life? It’s not much of a matter isn’t it?”

“Gosh, you will never understand, Jonghyun… Since you are…”

I stopped after seeing Jonghyun getting tensed up. He diverted his gaze straight into my eyes and opened his mouth trying to say something. I wondered what has just crossed Jonghyun’s mind. I quickly scanned the classroom and saw Joo Won with his usual group of friends entering the classroom and chatting loudly.

“Why? What happened?” I turned to Jonghyun, whispering.

“I-I-I-I will talk to you later,” Jonghyun stutters.

I realised the morning was very tough for Jonghyun. He ignored everyone coming into class and kept his eyes either on me which I find it terribly awkward or in his own little world. But fortunately, he became better after several minutes.

“Okay class, before we start today’s lecture, the mid-terms are coming up in two weeks. The topics tested will be from chapters one to five. Please study hard for this upcoming examination.”

The whole class complained after hearing the unfortunate sudden news of the exam coming up. Exams are usually a tough time for everyone, but not for me. I’ve already anticipated this and started revision last week. That’s one of my secrets for achieving good grades, studying way earlier beforehand. I take a quick glance to see Jonghyun’s reaction regarding this and he was terrified by the news as well.

“Jonghyun, you scared of exams?” I asked.

“Me? Of course! My dad’s going to complain if I do not get good grades!” Jonghyun replied.

When I am about to reply, the Professor speaks up.

“Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin, you will be representing our class as usual.”

I frowned, “Professor… You’ve nominated me for the past three years. Why me again?”

“After all, you’re the best student in class. So it makes perfect sense that you should represent us, right?” The Professor looks at me, grinning.

This against another class thing is somewhat of a class competition. I seriously hate it but I cannot run away from it either. It’s actually a class against class battle to see who is the best student for the entire cohort with regards to the mid-terms. Last year, B220’s Jinki almost came in first, but I won by a small margin. Not forgetting H208’s Seohyun as a competitor who is one of the smartest females in school. Her grades skyrocketed to the top 10% within a year. This is an intense battle every time and it has everyone on the edge of their seats. And that’s the main reason to why I hate it. Everyone including Professor Park expect me to do well and if I suddenly came in second or third, I am actually letting them down.

“Woah! Kibum! You’re the top student in class?” Jonghyun asked, agape.

“Erm… yeah…” I shyly answered.

***
As soon as school ended, I called my manager to tell him that I would not be coming to work for the next two days as I have to find a new place to stay. Apparently, Jonghyun has just eavesdropped on my conversation.

“Kibum!” I turned around, seeing a cheerful Jonghyun.

“What?” I asked, surprised. I was so deep into the conversation which makes me caught off guard.

“Do you want to have a deal?” Jonghyun asked.

“What deal?” I replied, quizzically. 

Jonghyun grins, “You teach me everything I ought to know for this upcoming exam and I would let you stay with me in my apartment.”

My eyebrows furrowed, I immediately thought to myself on whether should I accept his generous offer. “Seriously?” I replied, eyes wide.

“I’m being dead serious here. I would also sponsor you your daily necessities like meals, but you would have to quit all of your jobs as you have to devote your time to teaching this idiot. Also, I would allow you to...” Jonghyun said in a proud manner.

I cut off his sentence, and replied, “but why all of a sudden?”

“Because you saved me from the other day, remember?” replied Jonghyun.

“Oh...” 

“So you want it or not? The deal?”

“Of course I want it! When can I move in?” I replied, in seventh heaven.

“Actually… we have to do some shopping first as the house is now empty.”

“That’s not the problem! Let’s go shopping together then!” I requested, feeling excited. All of my worries are all resolved within minutes! I held Jonghyun’s arm and pulled him out of class. The whole class began looking at both of us, which makes me realised that I'm still in class. I kindly shook off Jonghyun's arm and walked as if nothing just happened.

Jonghyun’s POV
Gosh. Look at that excited kid there, getting happy because of shopping, I smirk. We head down to the nearest shopping mall side by side and was met with a huge selection of furniture. All with their own unique appeals and in different colours. We both headed down to the most important section where every household needs first - a bed.

“What kind of bed should we buy?” I asked Kibum. “You decide. It’s your money and apartment anyway.” he replied, not really paying attention to the beds displayed.

“Oh really. You don’t mind?” I teases.

“Yea. Any bed would be fine.”

“Then let’s get this one.” I said. “Wa-wait. Are you serious? This king-sized bed? We both will be sleeping on the same bed every night?” Kibum, with a shocked expression began to rant.

“What’s wrong with that?” I question.

“I mean… don’t you find it weird?” Kibum replied.

“Why is it weird?” I smiled, genuinely.

Kibum makes no reply.

I gestured towards a shop staff asking her to come over. “I would like this delivered right now,” pointing towards the king-sized bed. I handed my gold platinum credit card over and paid for it within seconds.

Kibum looks a little angry right now and I find that there is no reason for him to be. However, with the attempt to make Kibum smile, I called him with a new nickname. “Kibummie, Now what should we buy next?”

“What Kibummie? Call me Kibum.” Kibum was taken by surprise with my sudden nickname I just created for him. I smirk, “Why call you Kibum? I will call you 'Kibummie' if I feel like it.”

Kibum walks off alone to the tables section. “Bruh. I’m off.”

“Yah… yah… Kibum-ah. Don’t abandon me. You like the nickname right?” I jogged towards Kibum, pestering him.

“Wow. This table looks gorgeous.” Kibum wow-ed in front of a sparkling white study table.

“Don’t ignore me Kibummie.” I said towards the boy.

“Buy this for our study table! It’s spacious and wide. It would be handy.” He turned towards me with that bunny-like eyes, and held my hands.

Hmph. Do you think just that bunny-like eyes would guarantee you to get the table? No no no. “Ok. Unless you reply to my question.” I raise my eyebrows teasing him.

“Gosh. I swear you are a at times. I like it… my new nickname.” A slight tinge of pink crept up to Kibum’s cheeks. He is embarrassed.

“Ahhh… you’re… blushing. You’re blushing. You’re blushing. Kibummie is blushing~~” I playfully poke fun at Kibum.

“Y-YAH! I’m not!”

“If you don’t believe me, look in front of the mirror then.” I smile widely.

“Nevermind~~ Let’s continue.”

Kibum’s POV
I was tired after the long hectic shopping spree we just had. Jonghyun bought a huge load of things which I find it redundant actually, but well… if he likes it, I have no objection. From just the few hours ago, I realised many new things about Jonghyun. He is somewhat a childish young man and likes to talk. Literally, a very talkative guy. He constantly pesters me and irritates me with his new nickname that he gave me. I gave him a horrible one and he was there whining and asking me to make a new one. And so, the nickname I’ve given Jonghyun was Jjong. Previously I gave him the nickname of a persistent brat (LOL) and he stood there like a child threatening that he would not be moving unless I make another for him. I guess Jjong suits him much better. Oh by the way, Jjong is the short form for Jonghyun.

I wow-ed at the new flat Jonghyun has purchased. It is bigger than what I’ve expected. Now I guess both of us live somewhere even nearer to our school. After the workers came in and placed the furniture we ordered (since Jonghyun went for the express delivery, which delivers in a flash), me and Jonghyun was left alone in one of his rooms. Both of us sitting on that king-sized bed, feeling bored.

“Let’s play a game,” Jonghyun requested.

I wanted to decline actually, but since I’m bored as well, I just accept his offer.

“Okay, I will explain the rules. This game is very simple, even you can play it.”

“YAH! Are you calling me an idiot?” I snort.

“I didn’t~ You just brought yourself down (laughs). Alright, here’s the game rules: we have to know more about each other by asking questions. Afterwards, we both have to repeat them to see if we can recall what we just said. Easy peasy correct?”

I nodded. Hehehe. This memory kind of games is my speciality. I mean, I’m a student with straight A’s. Not that I’m showing off but, I will crush you, Jonghyun.

“I will start with simple questions first. How old are you?” Jonghyun asked.

“Twenty-one.” I replied.

“Really? You’re twenty-one?” Jonghyun raises his eyebrows, surprised.

“Why? I look young right?”

“Nah. I’m twenty-two by the way.” Jonghyun said.

“WH-WHAT? You are twenty-two? How can that be? You look like thirty.” I replied sarcastically.

“YAH! That’s not funny.” Jonghyun takes a pillow with the attempt to smack right into my face, but I dodged it swiftly.

“Alright..., now’s my turn. Why are you scared this morning?” I asked curiously.

“Nothing much actually. It’s a secret as well.” Jonghyun teases.

“Aye… Tell me! I’m curious.”

Jonghyun’s POV
How can I possibly say that I’m being bullied by our classmates? Never over my dead body am I going to humiliate myself. I ignored Kibum’s constant pestering and decided to change the topic since it’s kind of getting out of control. “Let’s go to sleep! I’m tired!” I playfully requested.

“WHAT? Why? The game is not yet finished… And it has only been two questions. Not forgetting only one minute has passed and we end it now?”

“Kibummie.” I said in a serious and sincere tone whereby Kibum seems to get frightened all of a sudden.

Kibum replied, “Y-yes? Don’t be angry okay? Let’s sleep then.”

I laugh. How can he fall for that? He’s so gullible. Kibum went to lie beside me in bed and closed his eyes almost comically. “Kibummie! Today’s special.” I said.

“Shhh. I’m trying to sleep.”

“You aren't really going to sleep right?”

“I am.”

“Wait! I said to sleep for fun only actually.”

“Oh really? I’m tired now so I must as well treat your joke seriously.”

“Hear me for a while please?”

“No! I’m sleeping, really sleeping.” Kibum persists.

“Aye… Don’t be like that Kibummie. Hear me for a while alright?”



Today is the very first night we are spending together and it is also my very first time sleeping with someone. Let’s cherish this moment forever, Kibum… That’s what I wanted to say.


 

Chapter 04

Word Count: 2236

Date Published: July 2, 2016; Edited: August 13, 2016

Author: Shawolverse


 

Author's Note: It's now July! Now Kibum and Jonghyun is living in the same apartment! What would happen if they two live together? Hmm... 

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!