Chapter 12

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Nobody’s POV
Jonghyun was only able to stare at Jinki’s close relationship with Kibum. He wanted to rush forward and pull the both of them apart but there was too many people watching. If he did that, it would attract the students’ attention which was not what Kibum wanted. Jonghyun clenched his fists and let this matter slide for now. Amid these commotion, Professor Song announced, “Kim Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun’s POV
I immediately look up after hearing my name, not knowing why is the Professor saying my name out loud through the microphone. When my eyes met the projector screen, I now knew what was happening - I’m now to be paired with someone else. I stared blankly at the turning roulette wheel, and when it stops, it displayed…

“Lee Taemin.”

Within seconds, I cursed under my breath, partly because I was still angry at my lover being close with another guy.

“Who the is Taemin?”

Never did I realise I cursed out loud, very loud. Well, I honestly asked because I’m unsure but everyone begins to stare at me. I guess my tone was a little too harsh… I then heard a voice from behind, “I’m Taemin.”

I froze.

Firstly, because his voice is warm and soothing. Secondly, he must be younger than me judging from his voice. I slowly turned around and saw a young boy, as expected. His hair was golden blonde, soft and silky. His eyes were unusually shiny. He wore a colourful oversized sweater and small tiny fingers were protruding out of the long sleeves.

Him. He is young and just as beautiful as Kibum. Why have I not seen such a beautiful boy in school before?

“We’re in the same class by the way, Kim Jonghyun,” Taemin spoke. He freaking spoke to me. I admit, my heart skipped a beat when he called my name. He even know who am I which was utterly surprising.

He then walks towards me. STOP, I muttered under my breath, too soft for anyone to hear. Taemin continued walking towards my direction and stopped right in front of me, as if on command. His eyes began to dart at me, the kind of look that was analytical. After a full eight seconds, he brushed past me and continued, “can I choose the seat pleaseee,” the blonde pouted.

What was that? How can one’s personality change from dead-serious to a cute-lil-boy.

My heart swelled for the very first time with someone other than Kibum. I quickly erase the thought and stood firm. Hmph, as if I will fall for that aegyo, I already have Kibum in my heart and I would never betray him. “N-O- NO.” I said firmly and went ahead to find a place to sit.

I then hear footsteps behind me. I guess I won this small argument as the blonde was walking towards my direction. I scanned the hall to find a good spot to sit but was interrupted by the approaching younger boy.

“You look so tall, Jonghyun-hyung.” I continued walking, despite hearing him talk. However, for a second, my mind thought: “is he being sarcastic or what?”

“Just kidding~~~,” Taemin singsong, “I think I’m taller than you,... hyung.”

A bit of anger boiled within my chest. I turned around abruptly, which caused the blonde to bump right into my chest. My hands remain still in thin air, eyes opening wide. This is the first close intimacy with someone else other than Kibum.

“Ouch! Why did you that? You’re so mean!” Taemin then backed off and went to fix his hair. He’s… too innocent and pure...

I thought for a few seconds to gather my thoughts and rebutted, “did what?”

“You sudden- oh look! It’s Kibum-hyung!”

Kibum-hyung? Kibum? KIM-KIBUM? That Kibum? How did he get to know Kibum? GOSH. WHY DID EVERYONE KNOW KIBUM? Earlier on being Jinki, NOW THIS TAEMIN-GUY.

Nobody’s POV
“Hyuuuung!” Taemin said rushing towards Kibum, and yes, it’s that Kibum (aka Jonghyun’s lover). The latter got surprised by the sudden scream and stopped a conversation between him and Jinki. Jonghyun on the other hand ran towards the direction of the younger trying to catch up.

“I’m sorry, Taemin, but can’t you see we are in a conversation right now?” Jinki commented. Jinki’s tone was harsher than usual, honestly annoyed by Taemin’s sudden interruption. Is this some love triangle right here? Jinki looks protective towards his partner. Jonghyun then entered the scene, and guess what, now the whole thing looks like a love square.

“Yah! Lee Taemin. We have to find our seats.” Jonghyun shouted afar, how can a short-lil dinosaur catch up with an excited young boy?

“Oh hi, Taeminnie!” Kibum greeted.

WHAT? Jinki and Jonghyun looks utterly surprised, but for different reasons. Jinki was surprised that Kibum greeted Taemin during their conversation, thus, clearly ignoring him. On the other hand, Jonghyun was shocked because his lover had a nickname for Taemin, which is very unusual.

The whole thing is now complicated as hell. Jinki - Jonghyun - Kibum - Taemin was engaged in a conversation. Jonghyun immediately asked out of curiosity, “do you know this Taemin-guy?”

The latter cooly replied, “yea. We are in the same class.”

“B-but how did you meet-” Jonghyun spoke, but was interrupted by an approaching Professor, “it’s only two students per table. So two of you have to move. Do it quick as we are starting soon.”

Taemin sulked, he was forced to leave JinBum alone and go with Jonghyun; Jinki and Jonghyun was elated actually. Jinki can continue the conversation without the annoying Taemin stopping them while Jonghyun can prevent the blonde from meeting his lover.

“See you later Key-hyung,” Taemin winked towards Kibum and walked off with Jonghyun to find another seat. With that, the group dispersed, but Jonghyun’s mind was all thinking who’s ‘Key’.

“Yah, Lee Taemin, do you know Kibum? Kim Kibum?” Jonghyun asked the younger when they arrived at their newly chosen seats, which is very close towards the JinBum couple.

“It’s none of your business~~~,” Taemin provoked in an overly high tone.

Jonghyun turned towards the blonde and gave a death glare. However, Taemin shyly looked away, diverting his gaze and gave a weak smile. Gosh, why is he even my partner… This system is so freaking unfair!

“Okay students. I will now go through the instructions.” Professor Song spoke. “All of you have to complete all assignments with your pairs. And once finished, please come forward with your scripts for checking,” the Professor continued.

In a blink of an eye, this mysterious ‘test’ began.

OnKey (JinBum)   
As soon as the Professor gave the permission to start, both Jinki and Kibum started to attempt the questions individually. This is the only pair who did the work separately while other pairs worked with them together. Well, what can you expect from the number one and two in the entire cohort? Both of them completed each of the question within ten minutes, just like a friendly competition. Kibum then went for another set of questions after completing the first set.

“Aren't you going too fast?” Jinki asked.

“Me? Nope. You are doing it fast too,” Kibum replied.

Jinki smirked, “can I finish the questions first for once?”

Kibum grinned and smacked another completed assignment right on the table.

“Damn,” Jinki hissed as he was a few seconds late. The pair continued to complete the assignment, in a very fast pace, so fast that the other pairs began staring at them.

JongTae
On the other hand, Taemin scribbled the workings on a blank piece of paper while Jonghyun just watched the younger solve the problem. In reality, these questions are manageable for him as Kibum had tutored similar types of questions before.

Jonghyun just stared at Taemin attempting his questions. Taemin has a habit of speaking his thoughts when solving the question, and Jonghyun finds it adorable. “Okay, so in this question, I should figure out what principles or assumptions are to be applied in this scenario... Let’s see, the teacher taught us the revenue recognition principle, the periodicity assumption, erm… the....” Taemin paused and then concluded that the final answer is the periodicity assumption. He then wrote down the answer excitedly on the script.

“Oh wow, looks like Taeboy is pretty smart,” Jonghyun complimented.

“Who’s Taeboy?” Taemin asked innocently.

“You, duh,” Jonghyun replied. Taemin looked up giving that ‘so-happy-that-I-have-a-nickname’ face and continued the work alone.

“Hey, what’s your ranking in the cohort?” Jonghyun then asked curiously.

“Seven,” Taemin replied, speaking in a very ‘proud and straightforward’ tone.

“Seven? SEVEN? Seven in the entire cohort?”

“Yea, why? Perhaps do I look stupid?”

“Nothing,” Jonghyun shrugged, “let me help you, I don’t want to be a burden.” He then fetches a piece of assignment and started working on it.

“So you do study eh, hyung. I thought rich peeps don’t do their revision,” Taemin joked.

Jonghyun ignored the blonde and continued solving the questions. When attempting the questions, he thought about the times he had spent with Kibummie studying and got shy all of a sudden, but Taemin was too busy not taking notice of that blush on Jonghyun’s cheeks. Of course Jonghyun took a longer time to complete as compared to Taemin, but nevertheless, it is still correct, 100% correct.

Nobody’s POV
Two hours later… Most of the students are already tired thinking how to solve the questions. Even Jonghyun began dozing off in his seats and let Taemin attempt them by his own.

However, the power pairing was now standing at the front of the hall waiting for the professor to finish marking their scripts. Whilst waiting, Kibum’s eyes began to stare at different directions, wanting to pass time. He glanced across the hall and saw a sleeping Jonghyun and smiled to himself. But, the smile vanishes in an instance when his eyes met an unusual scene. It sent chills down his spine. His face went pale instantly and his feet stays rooted on the ground.

“Are you fine?” Jinki nudged his partner who is standing right beside him after seeing him tensed up.  

Kibum tried to open his mouth, but when he was about to reply, the Professor announced their score: “Alright both of you got everything correct. You may now leave the school and a mini van will bring you back to your hotel.”

“What about the rest?” Jinki asked.

“The rest has to complete the assignments before leaving this place,” the Professor replied.

The both of them dared not enquire more and walk towards the school gate, leaving the remaining 98 students behind. The clouds then went heavy, the sun is beginning to set; darkness will soon devour this old University. When would the rest of the 98 students, including Jonghyun, Kibum’s lover and Taemin who seems to be a close friend of the latter complete their assignments? And what did Kibum saw which sent him a wave of electricity down his spine? The power pairing went to the van and it drove them back to the hotel. Jinki slept throughout the entire journey while Kibum is busily punching buttons on his smartphone attempting to contact someone.


Chapter 12

Word count: 1856

Date Published: January 01, 2017

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm terribly sorry that it took quite a lot of time for this new update as I'm really busy with school these days. I would try my very best to update quicker for my upcoming chapters. 

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!