Chapter 11

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Nobody’s POV

The sun shines and it’s the start of a new day. Jonghyun and Kibum walks out of the hotel together, smiles on their faces. They both had also agreed not to reveal this ‘secret’ relationship to anyone because Kibum was afraid of being judged, while on the other hand, Jonghyun didn’t mind. However, being Kibum, he somehow managed to influence Jonghyun’s decision, hence, Jonghyun agreed not to reveal this relationship as well.

 

Today has a very packed schedule for the entire cohort. After the free-time they had yesterday, today was entirely different - a study schedule. The students met up with the Professors at the hotel’s lobby and they took a bus to one of London’s Universities. In the entire bus trip, Jonghyun can’t help but want to get affectionate towards Kibum, but the latter was shaking his head vigorously asking Jonghyun to wait. Jonghyun always get excited thinking about his lover. He would form a smile and wants to wrap his arms around Bummie’s shoulder and talk like they always did. However, many people were with them as well, thus, Jonghyun has to take a quieter approach.

 

After the 30-minute bus ride to Cambridge University, the Professors led them to the school hall and made a shocking announcement. The University is very different from Korea’s. It is mostly made of stone which dates back to 1980s. In the hall, tables and chairs are spread across the entire wooden flooring. There is a table and two chairs placed together, forming one set and each set is about 30 metres apart. The students were appalled when such a scene unfolds right in front of them. Now, they are all curious as to what activity they would do for the day.

 

“Good afternoon students. We are now at Cambridge University.” Professor Song grabs the mike. He later continued after a short pause, smirking, ”today, would be an exciting day,”

 

When the last word is communicated, a gigantic projector screen unlocks displaying a computerised roulette wheel. Students were now confused; what is this randomiser for? Upon watching it closely, the roulette wheel contains all 40 students’ name who attended this oversea trip. Students look at each other curious of what would be happening. Jonghyun nudged Kibum secretly, and whispered, “Kibummie. Are we going to die? When this roulette selects your name, we are going to get killed right?” Kibum stared back at Jonghyun with the ‘are-you-seriously-kidding-me’ look. Jonghyun giggles shortly after, I guess he ain’t that naive… I’ve to try harder. Kekekeke.

 

“Alright everyone. As you have guessed, this roulette wheel contains all of your names. Using a computerised generator, the system would randomly pair up two students together, regardless of the class that you are in. Once paired, you are to solve complex accounting problems together. There are a total of 20 challenging problems today. Only when all 20 are completed, you are dismissed and may return back to your hotel with a personal van.”

 

The students’ faces become a bit gloomy. 20 PROBLEMS!?!? In accounting, 20 problems are like handling a 100-page workbook filled with questions. It is seriously going to take up a lot of time!

“What happens if we cannot complete it?” one student shouted afar.

 

“Good question. Then..., you have to continue staying here until the both of you find a solution to complete it,” Professor Song replied with a grin.

 

It’s ridiculous! How unfair. This would take hours to complete! Loud chatterings of protest filled the entire hall. Jonghyun is not taking this seriously and he continued to stare at his lover. Kibum on the hand gives a poker-face expression as 20 problems to him is nothing at all.

 

The Professor ignored all those mutterings and announced, “we shall now start rolling! The first pair of students would be…”

 

The roulette wheel turned. The first pair randomly generated are Woohyun and Myungsoo. The pair was instructed to sit at the circular table together. Each table is filled with bank balances and a stack of blank paper, and the general instruments needed in Accounting. More students are now being paired; some are still protesting while others already felt demoralised with their partners.

 

The wheel continued and it displayed, “Lee Jinki.” Everyone’s eyes are now glued to the screen, curious to who the second top student in the whole school is being paired with. Of course if you are paired with the top student, the problems will be solved in a much shorter timeframe and you can rest and go back to the hotel. This is pure luck. On the other hand, if your partner is someone who is terrible, it would take a longer period of time. As the roulette turns, Jinki’s partner is…

 

Kim Kibum.

 

The students’ faces all grew almost comically. The Professor stays rooted all of a sudden. The top student Kibum is paired with number 2 Jinki. Is this even possible? What is this? Why are they paired together. The top student being paired with the second best student only means two things: one, cooperativeness or two, arguments. Amid all of these chatterings, Jinki walks through the crowd and steps in front of Kibum.  

 

With a sincere smile, Jinki extended his hands and greeted, “nice to meet you, Kibum.”

 

Kibum felt a wave of mixed feelings. This is his first time working with Jinki in school. Also, his first time working with the so-popular guy where females would die sitting beside him, working with someone where the entire school has a crush on secretly. Kibum was shocked, mouth opening wide. However, behind Kibum, Jonghyun was there, staring in disbelief.

 

Jinki grinned at Kibum’s reaction. He withdraws his hand and went even closer. This time round, he reaches for his bag on Kibum’s right hand. Jinki then placed his arms at his shoulder. “Let’s find a seat now, okay?” Jinki whispered.

 

Jonghyun was now jealous. Kibum always asked not to be affectionate towards him in public, but Jinki just… he just does it freely and Bummie doesn’t oblige? Jonghyun’s heart is now bottled up with anger.

 

On the other hand, Kibum being so called drag along by Jinki was feeling… happy? He cannot explain why. He just felt... a different feeling. An unexplainable feeling which was different when being with Jonghyun.


Chapter 11

Word count: 1047

Date Published: November 02, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: Sorry it took quite a long time for a new update. Also, this is a filler chapter... Sorry about that! I hope you guys would not abandon this story while I try to continue writing in my free time. Anyways, ONKEY!!! And what do you guys think about Jonghyun's partner? It is a secret. Kekekeke. And by the way I would not write about Woohyun and Myungsoo... I just put it there for an example. Okay guys, see ya'll soon!!~

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!