Chapter 02

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Jonghyun’s POV
This is my first day of school in like ten years and I honestly felt depressed about having to spend eight long hours in school just to pass that one final exam and getting a certificate as evidence that I’ve learnt Accounting. Hopefully my first day of school would not be very tough and I can adapt to this new change quickly. 

After wandering around in the classroom, I decide to find a seat for today’s lecture. So I guess being the first to arrive has it’s own advantages after all. Now, where should I sit…, I wondered. After much consideration, I decided to choose the center seat at the back of the class. Why? Simple. Cause there’s a fan right under that spot (lol) and hopefully the Professor would not catch me dozing off during his long lecture. 

A few minutes later, people start to enter the class and I guess they are my G107 classmates. My gaze unknowingly looked at every one of them when they walked in, but they simply ignore me. Hmph! As if I would like to stare at you. I’m just pitying the out of you. Most of them were either coming to class together as a couple or with a group of friends. But there were still a few walking in individually. All of their faces look really depressing. Is it because the lecture is hard? (Or it because of me?)

Kibum’s POV
. ! HOLY ! Why is he sitting in my seat? Now where should I sit today? Goddamn it! I began to glance around the class to find for other empty spots, but they are all nearly filled up. A few moments later, the only spot that isn't taken was the one beside Jonghyun. I sighed. Life . Why do I have to start the day with such misfortune? I walk towards the table beside Jonghyun and awkwardly sits down. I can already feel that angry stare Jonghyun is giving me, but I really do not have much of a choice. 

“Err… I hope you don’t mind, but…, I’ll be sitting here for class today.” I said and began to unpack my course materials quickly and placing them on the table so that Jonghyun would not ask me to move away.

“Wait… what? Why?!!!” Jonghyun asks with a frowning expression.

I pause for a moment before answering him, “This is is the only spot left. And besides…, I sit here everyday too.”

Jonghyun growls, dissatisfied, and nods his head.

I nod awkwardly as well and start flipping through my lecture notes. However, I have a feeling that someone is staring at me. Oh lord… Is he staring at me? Jonghyun? What do I do? What do I do? Why is he looking at me like that? He is judging me now right?

I then decide to break the awkward silence between us with a sarcastic remark, “Is this your first time seeing a Prince in real life?”

But I wasn’t expecting the reply that he was giving, “Please be quiet, as if I’m looking at you. Tsk.”

How dare he ‘tsk’ me! Before I could even open my mouth to argue, the Professor speaks up.

“Okay class. It’s time to start on today’s lecture. However, before that, there is a new student in class today. Kim Jonghyun, can you come forward and introduce yourself?” Professor Park requests.

Jonghyun’s POV
Now what…? I stood up lazily and dragged my foot to the front of the class. After a long sigh, I start my somewhat simple introduction.

The whole class began to look at me, seemingly curious on what I am about to say. In reality, I’m not much of a shy person and I don’t really get nervous when addressing to a group of people. I cooly speak with overflowing charisma, feeling proud of my status, 

“I’m Kim Jonghyun, the SON of MIZUHO Company (emphasising ‘son’). That’s it. Bye.” When I am about to return to my seat, the Professor interrupts.

“Wait... wait…. wait… Jonghyun, can you say something about yourself? So that the class can know you better?”

“Why? There’s nothing for me to tell… and I don’t want my private lives to be revealed to the public anyway,” I replied.

“Erm okay… that’s understandable… but what about…” Before the Professor has even finished talking, I strolled back to my seat, whistling and trying to ignore him.

But while walking halfway, the Professor shouts afar, “KIM JONGHYUN. Who do you think you are? I’ve not finished talking, come back here at once!” The Professor is aggrieved and annoyed. Probably because of my bad attitude. Nevertheless, I can’t help it. It’s my attitude! Does he seriously thinks that I’m going to act all cute when introducing the class? Or even give a lengthy introduction of what my parents do or how I spent the last few years in England? Attitudes don’t change, just like habits.

I turned towards the Professor, and felt anger boil up in my chest. I calmed myself down with a deep breath and glared straight into Professor Park’s eyes and replied, “Then who do you think you are?” 

The whole atmosphere turned cold and chilly all of a sudden. No one dared to look at either me or Professor Park. The students all looked down at their lecture notes and act as if this conversation between us is not happening. I was a bit scared to be honest, but I can’t back down showing any signs of weakness.

The Professor was clearly stunned. His face becomes pale, but his gaze got more intense. I then add on after seeing the Professor keeping quiet, “Tsk. If you do believe that you have a higher status than me, well, feel free to argue. If not, just begin today’s lecture… The whole class is waiting…” I said triumphantly.  

The Professor clenches his fist and I was already prepared to get punched. However, I’m glad he didn’t, but instead continued, “Kim Jonghyun, you come and see me after lesson today.”

I gave no response and went back to my seat. 

Today’s lesson was very tough. Professor Park touched on the next set of Laws in Accounting (Jonghyun was not present in the first half as it was taught yesterday). I can truthfully say that I did not even understand a single thing about today’s lesson. Well, not that I expected myself to be able to understand everything under eight hours, but I noticed that my partner was quite diligent. He answered most of the Professor’s questions with ease, and was scribbling his own notes for the entire lesson, which I can admit was like ten pages.

After eight long crappy hours, the lesson has finally come to an end. Afterwards, I went to meet the Professor in his office. Not that I wanted to but… I was forced. I wondered, how do Professors these days reprimand their students in Korea?

Kibum’s POV
Finally! Lesson’s over. Today’s lesson was tough as usual, but I still manage to grasp most of the important concepts taught today in class. On the other hand, my partner Jonghyun seems to be very clueless in class today. I was laughing secretly the whole time as he can’t seem to know what the Professor was talking about. His face really resembles a lost puppy as well, which I find it pretty amusing and cute. I want to offer help though, but I find it too early for me to lend a helping hand. I mean he’s still a stranger to me, not a classmate, right? I packed my bag in the speed of light and am about to rush off for my usual part-time job, but a loud voice coming from the front of class made me stop in my tracks.

It was our class’s President. I particularly dislike our class’s President Joo Won honestly as he is very rash and doesn’t think of the consequences before doing something. He always did not put much thought into planning and because of this, most of our class parties were all a huge miserable failure. However, I can say that our classmates really support him as he is a very democratic person. He always asks the opinions of the class most of the time before deciding upon things. 

“Kibum! Do you mind staying in the class for a while? I would like to start a class meeting.” Our class’s President speaks up.

“But not everyone’s present right now,” I replied.

“Only Jonghyun is not present... And, we are going to have a discussion without him anyway.” Joo Won grins. It’s a scary type of grin, the kind where it gave me goosebumps. The kind where I don’t really know what’s going on in his mind. I gulped before replying, “I’ve to rush off for my part-time job. I’m sorry.”

“Oh yeah. Oops, I forgot. Alright, you may go then. Check the class’s chat group for updates, alright?”

I nod and left the classroom, running to my workplace in the shortest time possible. Whew, luckily my excuse was valid. And it’s real. I do have to rush off for my part-time job to earn money.

Joo Won’s POV
After Kibum left the classroom, I waste no time and quickly start the class discussion. 

“Ok class. What do you think about our new transfer student?” I asked.

The class remained quiet. No one dared to voice out their opinions on such a dude with high status. 

“Hey, hey, hey. Why are you guys so quiet? This isn’t your usual selves! Now, all of you can truthfully answer, don’t worry. Anything discussed right now would be kept within the four walls of our classroom. Whatever you say would be kept private, I guarantee you.” I assured.

“He’s a .” One finally starts to speak up. Anger filled up in his eyes. He hated Jonghyun’s arrogant personality and the fact that he criticises the class just because of their status.

“Agreed.” Many, many more supported him.

“Yes! I mean, look at him, looking down at all those middle to low income families. He must feel that he’s like the top of the world after being born with a silver spoon.”

“That’s so true! Earlier today, he also obliged to shake the Principal's hand! This is so ridiculous!”

More criticisms could now be heard. The class is now very open to voice out their honest views regarding Jonghyun. And I knew all of these would happen. Because Jonghyun is a jerk. Being born from a rich family gives him no rights to look down on anyone. I mean, how can he be so bold to even treat our Professor and Principal like this? This makes no sense at all.

“Okay class. Lower down your volume. We don’t want the nearby class to eavesdrop on us, correct?”

The talkings have now minimised, but hatred can clearly be seen on most of their faces. Someone then asked, “What are you going to do about this, President?”

“Don’t worry. I’ve all these planned out.”

“What thing planned out?”

“I will only say it once. Do open your ears wide and those at the back, please come forward.”

I whispered, “I’ve planned the perfect plan to keep Jonghyun’s mouth shut for the rest of his life. Or perhaps in front of us, so that he would not go around looking down on us anymore.” 

That! I have an objection.” A voice speaks up.

I turned to find the student and it was Taemin, Lee Taemin. The youngest student in our whole cohort. However, never underestimate him. He is the top 5% in the whole school. He thinks fast, write fast, and writes accurately as well. Taemin is Kibum’s biggest competitor in terms of grades. Well, he can never beat Kibum actually. Kibum was actually a repeat student, having learnt all the topics twice was his biggest advantage. 

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Don’t you hate Jonghyun? Or find him irritating?” Someone then adds on.

“It’s not that I don’t hate him. Anyway, I would not want to take part in this. I will take my leave now.” The young boy replied.

“Alright Taemin. I understand. You must feel afraid right? Such as Jonghyun could come and bully you?” I asked.

“No comment. I’m leaving.”

And so, Taemin left the classroom, not wanting to be part of the plan to ‘fight’ against Jonghyun.

“Well, it’s okay if Taemin does not want to be in it. I’m perfectly fine with that. By the way, are there anyone else who don’t want to be part of this?”

The class stayed quiet, which I assume that everyone in this classroom wants to take part. 

“Alright guys! It’s settled! I would send you details regarding this revenge. Do check our chat group occasionally.”

It’s starting… My ultimate plan… Kim Jonghyun, you better prepare for the worst nightmare ever in your life. You’ll get what you get for looking down at G107 and our school. Prepare yourself, Kim Jonghyun.

 


 Chapter 02

Word Count: 2179

Date Published: June 17, 2016; Edited: August 9, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: I'm back! Tell me how do you feel about this chapter! Hopefully all of you are not disappointed. >< Oh yeah, I created a poster for this fic! Do you like it? I decided not to put the other 3 SHINee members as I want the 'school' to be clearly seen. See you next time! Have a happy Friday guys! TGIF :)

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!