Chapter 01

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Note: POV means Point of View.

 

Kibum’s POV
The alarm clock began blaring loudly which signals the start of a brand new day. I groaned lazily and walked towards the bathroom and start stripping off my clothes and settling myself down for a warm shower. I particularly enjoy bathing as I get to organise my thoughts and start dreaming of the life I want. It’s not that much actually, I dreamed of being able to get my own apartment, eat three meals a day and get a trendier phone. However, I myself know that I have to work extra hard to lead such a life. I am poor. Currently renting a one room flat which I have not paid for the past three months and I’m still glad that my landlord has not chased me out of his flat. I’m currently using a cell phone which was trendy five years ago and only having one proper meal a day. This is my very sad life.

Life is pretty much the same everyday as well. Me taking a fifteen minute walk along the busy streets of Seoul and admiring the aunties and uncles out there who lead somewhat simple lives. It always makes me wonder why am I still studying at the age of twenty where normal people are already working by then. They all look so satisfied with their lives and seem to earn a decent pay which is definitely enough for their daily needs. And here I am, still studying my butts off for my year-end examinations which is set to begin nine months later.

After having all of these thoughts crossing my mind, I’ve unnoticeably arrived to my school - MISUE University. I’m currently in my final year pursuing accounting and I’m just as bored as everyone else. Doing mathematical calculations on taxes every single day, with a huge load of individual reports that we have to submit weekly. However, calculations are one of my strengths. And that’s why I’m always in the top 1% of the whole cohort since last year. Many students envy my grades, but the funny thing is, I envy their wealth, probably because I’m the poorest student in this whole school.

I slid the classroom door and as usual, I’m one of the first few students to arrive. I always arrive early to class. Why? Because I want to avoid meeting my landlord. I’ve tried. If I wake up at 7:00am and by the time I arrive to class, I still have five minutes of free time. However, I would be meeting my landlord who by no fail questions me when I am paying the rental fees and how long more do I need to accumulate the amount. I am sick and tired of finding other excuses and so, I have no other choice but to wake up one and a half hour earlier than usual. I went to my seat which was located at the back of the class and started dozing off as class only starts at 8:00am.

~~~

“Everyone. Get back to your seats! No more chattering,” Professor Park yells when he arrives in the classroom. Before I knew it, class just started. I sprang up from wonderland and took out my textbook and lecture notes and start flipping through the pages frantically to chapter 12, the chapter that I will be learning today. I stare at the Professor who seems to be grinning. Something is different today, definitely.

“Ok class. Before we start on the Laws of Accounting, I would like to make a very special announcement.”

Nailed it! Starting the class with an announcement is not commonplace. In fact, this happens to be the very first time in two years. After the Professor announces, the Principal, Vice-Principal and other high ranking officials that I can admit is my first time seeing them face to face, enter the class.

The whole class who seems to be rowdy moments again became dead silent. Something is definitely different today for sure. In a good or bad way? That, I have to wait and see. The whole class stood up bowing a perfect 90 degrees to greet and show respect. The Principal greets as well, which is a common practice in South Korea.

“Today, I would like to make a special announcement,” the Principal starts talking.

Silence filled the room. Everyone froze in their seats, not knowing the reason behind this special announcement. Did someone in the class do something wrong? I thought to myself and before I knew it, the Principal continues.

“There would be a new transfer student coming to class tomorrow. He goes by the name of Kim Jonghyun.”

Chatters can now be heard. Kim Jonghyun? Oh my, is it really that Jonghyun who is the son of MIZUHO Company? He’s freaking rich am I right? Why is he transferring to our class? Or even this school? What does he want from us?

“Silence everyone,” Professor Park demands after hearing the loud murmurings from the class.

“Yes. It’s KIM JONGHYUN. The son of MIZUHO Company. Any questions?” the Principal continues, emphasising the name ‘Kim Jonghyun’.

This time round the chatters got louder, and the entire class began shooting questions. Why is he transferring? Isn’t he rich enough to lead a perfect life instead of going through two years in University? Is he back from England? How long would he be here?

“Please lower down your volume,” the Principal commands and raises her hand demanding attention. “All of your questions, will be answered tomorrow. You can try asking Kim Jonghyun in person yourself.” What’s with that reply? Ask him ourselves? There must be something going through the Principal’s head. She probably doesn’t know why Kim Jonghyun is transferring here I guess. I smirked at the Principal's reply. With that, the officials leave the classroom and the class starts to feel somewhat anxious and excited about this rich guy.

After six long hours of lecture, the class has ended and before I knew it, news spread like wildfire. Within hours, the entire school knew about this. Everyone in the whole school were constantly messaging on the school’s group chat and I admit, I receive a huge load of people protesting and supporting this guy. Some say that it is ridiculous for such a rich individual to attend our school, while others can’t wait to meet him in person.

I walked to my workplace restlessly to start my usual part-time job. I’m working as a cashier in a nearby supermarket which I honestly don’t get paid much, but it is a simple job. There are not many customers as well which I’m very grateful for that. During my break, I took out my cell phone and starts to research more about this guy. My very first search leads to a Wikipedia page and I waste no time clicking the link.

The first few sentences read:
Kim Jonghyun, the son of Korea’s biggest and most successful company - MIZUHO Company, and also the 6th richest individual in Korea. He inherits approximately 10 billion dollars from his parents.  

Oh my. My jaw dropped upon skimming through the Wikipedia page. He is a very rich brat apparently. 10 billion! I don’t even think I’m able to accumulate 1 million dollars even if I work everyday till the age of sixty. He sure is a very, very rich person. More rich than I can ever imagine.

~~~

The day has finally arrived. I walked to my school’s main entrance and saw reporters, staff and students waiting patiently for the rich Kim Jonghyun to arrive. Curiosity kills the cat, I start walking towards the crowd to join them.

A few minutes later, a black van arrives. I instantly remembered this van from the Wikipedia page. It is the signature vehicle ever-produced by it’s own company. If I’ve remembered correctly, it costs 4 million dollars. Wow! It’s such a pleasure to see a real one in person. The crowd instantly became quiet. Why is it quiet all of a sudden? Well, Kim Jonghyun is only rich. I mean he isn’t a celebrity where people would scream and go crazy over with. A man in a black suit then walks out of the van to help open the van’s back door. When the door slides open, Kim Jonghyun (I guess) walks out of it. He is wearing the school uniform of course, with his black hair styled upwards showing a more masculine side. His skin is rather pale and he is wearing contact lenses judging from that sparkle in his eyes. I stay rooted to the ground, not knowing what to do. The whole crowd stood as well.

Jonghyun’s POV
What the hell are all these low-class doing here? Look at them, especially the females. They are so ordinary. I think I’m even prettier than them. And their outfits! None of them looks appealing. Gosh their hairstyles as well! Did they not use hair products like wax or hair sprays on their hair? Are they that poor or lazy? Why is the school’s building so old? When was the last time the school undergone a renovation? Why is it is so cramped...

“Hello. Nice to meet you.” A lady in a pink dress interrupts my thoughts. She began walking towards me with a warm smile etched on her face. I immediately start to judge her, as usual. She looks freaking ugly. Oh gosh. Her makeup… It is so poorly done. And her lips, who applies that so-red lipstick nowadays? What kind of dress is she wearing? I bet it costs like what... 10 dollars? Oh my. She should go to some makeup class tutorials. Ugh. Disgusting, really disgusting.

“Who the hell are you? What do you want?” I asked in a purely disgusted tone. My eyes were narrowed and I began pursing my lips.

“Oh... Sorry for my late introduction. I’m the Principal of the school. My name is Madam…” The lady reaches out her hand offering a handshake when introducing but I cut her sentence off.

“I’m sorry. I don’t handshake with anyone.” I said, shoving past her and walking through the crowd and those damn reporters which I have no freaking idea what they were here for. I maintained a poker face expression, not even giving a damn how everyone looks at me. My personal bodyguard then followed me to this ugly trash school.

“Water,” I said.

“Here,” my personal bodyguard fetches a mineral water from his suitcase and handed it over to me.

“How long do I have to stay in this school again?”

“Your dad says that it depends on how fast you progress. So I can’t give you a definite time-frame. Sorry.”

I shrug. Yes, I was forced to study in this stupid school because of my dad. I mean he could just hire a personal tutor teaching me Accounting but he obliges. And now I am stuck in this goddamn school for one freaking year at the very least? Sighs. Life’s apparently hard for me as well even though I’m rich. Sighs.


*** Ten days ago… ***

“Why dad? Why do I have to go to school?”

“It’s not the school that we are talking about. It’s the subject that you will be learning. You will be going to MISUE University to learn Accounting. And that’s final.”

“Why Accounting all of a sudden? And why studying as well?”

“Accounting. It teaches you many mathematical concepts that are useful when you take over my business. And do you think that the staff under me would accept someone who has no knowledge of these become the CEO? Dream on, son. I’ve given my entire life setting up this business. And if you mismanage this Company, it’s gone. Years of my hard work would just be thrown into the drain instantly!”

“But…”

“I know it feels stupid learning such a subject. But, it’s necessary and I would also say… compulsory. Now don’t argue any further and pack your clothes and have enough rest. Your flight would be at 10am tomorrow. Now go!”

And that’s how I got transferred into this school. I walked along the endless aisles of the school and I’m very sure that I have sworn over a hundredth time. The school is so terribly bad. After countless shifts and turns, I arrived to my classroom, classroom G107. WHY ISN’T ANYONE HERE YET? AND WHAT DO I DO NOW? GOSH. I’M A TRANSFER STUDENT AND HOW CAN I BE THE FIRST STUDENT TO ARRIVE? THIS SCHOOL , LITERALLY.

Kibum’s POV
Gosh, this Jonghyun guy. He seems cold and judges people a lot. I can’t help but feel disgusted towards the guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. The crowd then starts chattering. Who the hell does he think he is? Too bad he has the looks and wealth, but his personality . Luckily I’m not in the same class with him! Good luck to the class with this new transfer student. I don’t think he can even survive a week in this new environment!

I wonder, would our classmates get along well with him. Hopefully, yes, but anything odd can happen from today onwards.

 


Chapter 01

Word Count: 2202

Date Published: June 12, 2016; Edited: August 8, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE (AsianFanFics)


Author's Note: Hello guys! This is my very first fanfic! Hope you've enjoyed reading this chapter. See you soon!

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!