Chapter 10

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Nobody’s POV

After more than 10 hours on the airplane, it finally landed on Heathrow Airport. Throughout the entire journey, both Jonghyun and Kibum was awkward around each other. They both didn’t talk much except for a few casual comments which made Kibum very worried as he feared that their friendship might be over.

 

The Professors led the students to the hotel somewhere in the middle of London and Jonghyun and Kibum were assigned to stay in the same room. It wasn’t actually awkward for the both of them as they had been living with each other for the past three months. However, the airplane incident caused heavy awkwardness for the both of them. “Alright class, it’s now late. All of you should rest soon and we would meet on the following day at the hotel’s lobby. All of you should take plenty of rest tomorrow before the actual revision starts... and I’m sure all of you are now old enough to take care of yourselves, right? So, have fun and be safe. Good night!” Professor Park addressed us.

 

The hotel was very much similar to a regular apartment; there’s a closet, fridge, toilet, table and you know what I mean. However, the only difference was that there are now two separate beds. Hence, both Jonghyun and Kibum was now sleeping separately, but still in the same room. With little to no conversations, both of them took their long nap in the comfy beds, already tired from travelling.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

It looks like I’m the first to wake up today, I yawned. Taking careful steps, I peered towards the bed beside me and gave a teasing smile. Kibummie is still asleep… Hehehe, I grinned. I walked towards the latter and sat beside him, eyes focusing on his still-sleeping face. As usual, I was always mesmerised by his facial features. His eyebrows, his half-opened mouth, and his soft black hair were simply eye-catching.

 

After watching him sleep for a period of time, I decided to wake him up. “Kibummmm,” I said, while softly patting him on his shoulders. However, he didn’t even move an inch. With a sigh, I walk towards the gigantic curtains at the window and yank them open. Within seconds, the strong bright rays of sunlight entered the room. It was also a gorgeous sight; people are already on the streets, chattering with one another while birds stay rooted at the various lampposts looking curiously. With a smile, I then went back to the sleeping beauty, and shake him slightly, “it’s time to wake up.”   

 

Kibum’s eyes started to twitch a little, wanting to escape from the harsh sunlight. He then gave a morning yawn. A smile then formed on my lips, he is just… adorable. “Good morning, Bummie,” I greeted. “How was your sleep?” I asked.

 

He takes a long time to reply which I presume it is because he is still in dreamland, “great…,” his voice all dry and croaky. I smiled at his reply once more, “let’s wash up, and today, you have to follow wherever I want,” I said. I looked at Kibum’s expression and he was a little shocked by my request, probably due to tiredness, but he didn’t decline my offer anyway.

 

Kibum’s POV

After my shower, I felt so relaxed and I didn’t know what to expect for today. I guess Jonghyun is trying to be all kind to me because he felt moody yesterday. Wait, I shouldn’t let yesterday’s feeling get to me today. I decided to forget all the bad moments that happened on the airplane and start the day with a smile.

 

I went to my luggage and pondered on the attire I should put on for the day. “Anything,” Jonghyun said as if he knew what was on my mind. I then looked at him, and he was all smiling and cheerful. Gosh, did he get high or something? I smirked while he ain’t watching.

 

Taking Jonghyun’s advice, I picked a simple outfit and went to change. Actually, all my outfits are about the same as I didn’t bring fancy clothing for this school trip, but on the other hand, Jonghyun was dressed to the nines. I pouted, he is so fashionable…, but me… Sighs...

 

We then left the hotel lobby, with smiles on our faces. Honestly speaking, Jonghyun looks more excited than I am and I’m glad he is back to his usual self, all bubbly and cheerful. We are walking along the streets while suddenly, Jonghyun reached out his hands and grabbed mine. I look at him, surprised, but Jonghyun gave his most shyest smile, the smile which showed his white glistening teeth and full of awkwardness and a little embarrassment. Once his hands came into contact with mine, I realised that he is more dominant and his hands are a little sweaty. What could this mean... Jonghyun holding hands with me? Nevertheless, I continued to lock my fingers around Jjong’s and strolled happily to the place where that I had no freaking idea.

 

Jonghyun then spoke, “we are going to have our breakfast first.” I nodded and was utterly surprised when Jonghyun brought me to a rather posh Italian restaurant.

 

“It’s expensive!” I whispered towards the latter’s ear. Jonghyun then waves off his hand, with the ‘it-s okay’ meaning. The staff led us to a private room which was Jjong’s idea to eat in an oh-so-quiet environment and I can already imagine how costly would be the bill.

 

“What do you want Bummie?” the older then asked. I actually wanted to choose the cheapest dish but the menu was literally making my mouth water. The restaurant also sells fish and chips which was my all-time favourite dish, but I didn’t get to eat it frequently in Seoul. “Erm… I would like pesce e patatine (fish and chips in Italian),” I spoke shyly. “Alright then. I like one Tagliatelle  (pasta in Italian),” Jonghyun requested towards the waiter and later left. Now, both of us are all alone in the room.

 

I started to move my hands and get fidgety with my body as it has been a long time since I last stepped into a restaurant. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not awkward with Jjong, but it’s just this new environment.

 

“Kibummie…” I looked up after hearing Jonghyun saying my name. “Let’s have a great time together alright?” His voice… it was the sweetest thing I’ve heard from Jonghyun up till now. There’s that tone which made his voice so, so attractive. “Alright!” I replied with a excited smile.

 

Nobody’s POV

It was a very rough day for the both of them. After finishing their rather expensive breakfast, the both of them went on to a huge shopping spree. Jonghyun bought Kibum bags and bags of clothing and accessories while Kibum politely rejects them. However, in the end, Jonghyun just swiped his gold platinum card which helped to pay for all of the items, and having no choice, Kibum carried them in his hands. After shopping, they both went to sightsee at the different tourist attractions in London which made Kibum gasp at the beauty and uniqueness at each attraction.

 

The skies then got dark - time has passed by much quicker than they ever imagined. However, Jonghyun wanted to bring Kibum to their final destination - the London Eye.

 

Kibum’s POV

“We are here. Our last destination before we head back to the hotel,” Jonghyun pointed towards the tall structure. I was agape. It’s actually close to 11pm and that’s not the end of our adventure yet? Well, I am not hating it, but the London Eye… It is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever saw in my entire life!

 

“Bummie! Quick!!” I turned around to see Jonghyun gesturing me to enter the reception area with two tickets in hand. I nodded excitedly and went to follow Jonghyun instantly. We took the elevator up and went to settle down in one of the 32 capsules. I was very lost and everything was like art, literally. The door then closed, and the both of us settled in there.

 

In the capsule, I was like a child, moving to different spots to witness an entire new scenery. Jonghyun was also admiring the scenery, but not all that childish and excited like I am.

 

“WOW! Look at that! There’s England,” I pat Jonghyun’s shoulder while pointing through thin air. Jonghyun smiled sheepishly and nodded. I continued to admire the scenery for around fifteen minutes but Jonghyun was already sitting down on the seats provided. He must be tired, I guess… However, I do steal occasional glances at him and I realised that he was always checking his phone. Is he waiting for a message? Or a call? I wondered.

 

I then went to sit beside Jonghyun after admiring the different angles in the capsule. The both of us grew particularly quiet for around ten minutes, before Jonghyun spoke.

 

“Kibum…” This time round, he has a very cold voice.

 

“Yes?” I replied, not knowing why is his voice like that. Is he angry again?

 

“Birthday.” He answered simply.

 

I thought for a moment, then my eyes grew wide, “Birthday? TODAY’S YOUR BIRTHDAY?” I asked, very surprised, voice raising by three octaves.

 

He nodded. “Gosh, why didn’t you tell me? What do you want, I would try to get you a gift tomorrow… ”

 

Jonghyun chuckled at my surprised reaction, and unlocked his phone again, showing me the time. “It’s 11:57pm. In three minutes, my birthday would be over.” He continued, “I’ve something to say... “

 

Nobody’s POV

“Can you come closer?” Jonghyun gestured. And Kibum did as he was instructed, and came closer to the latter’s face. So close that Jonghyun can feel his breath and admire his facial features once more. The older boy starts to get a little nervous and tense before mustering his courage and said, “Will you…, be… my… boyfriend?”

 

Once the words left Jonghyun’s mouth, Kibum was in a trance. Eyes almost opening comically, mouth wide, obviously surprised by the elder’s request.

 

“B-b-but…,” Kibum’s soft, shivering voice filled the air. “...You’re… a special person…,” he continued.

 

“What do you mean? Why am I special?”

 

“Your parents… Aren’t they very rich? Would they be okay with you going out with a boy?”

 

Jonghyun got quiet, eyes glued to his hands. “I-I-I can settle that problem!” Jonghyun replied.

 

Kibum nodded his head. Of course he can believe Jonghyun’s reply. He had helped to overcome and helped to solve many of my problems. He is someone whom I can believe whatever he says. And no doubt, I am sure he has his own method of explaining to his parents. I… can fully trust him. His promises… He never breaks his promise.

 

While Jonghyun was staring blankly at Kibum waiting for his reply, Kibum went closer, even closer than before. He then lifts the elder’s chin and gave a shy, but reassuring smile. Jonghyun blinks his eyes for a couple of times, unsure what is Kibum’s reply. Then, the younger went straight to the elder’s lips. At this moment, the world stopped for the both of them. Both of them had their eyes closed… enjoying this blissful moment. Kibum’s lips were soft, while Jonghyun’s was plush. But it didn’t matter. Both of them continued to press their lips against each other, trying to satisfy themselves. Jonghyun is more aggressive, diving his tongue straight into Kibum’s mouth, very impatient, and trying to taste more of the boy in front of him. Kibum gave a soft moan due to his dominance, but didn’t withdraw his lips. This time round, Jonghyun got more aggressive, both of his hands now followed his way to Kibum’s collarbone, shifting his face to get the angle he wanted.

 

In the middle of all these steamy situations, London’s biggest clock ticked. A loud ‘ding’ can be heard across the entire city. The clock always signals at 11:59pm. Kibum withdrew his lips, trying to gasp for air. He then grinned at Jonghyun’s expression, which is priceless! That look on Jonghyun’s voice tells him that he wanted more, and he was honestly surprised by that ‘ding’ sound.

 

“That’s your birthday gift… and… I agree to be your boyfriend, Jjong.”

 

Jonghyun is now on cloud nine. He wraps his hands around Kibum’s shoulders, going for a hug. After the ride, they both went back to the hotel, hand in hand, and slept with each other on the same bed. Sleeping had never been easier for the both of them.

 

---Flashback---

*Earlier this morning...

Jonghyun’s POV

“Ringgggg,” a phone call awakened me from my deep slumber. Who is calling me this early at 7am? I grabbed my phone which was placed on the nearby desk and took a glance around the room. Kibum is still sleeping… I picked up the call and went to the bathroom to talk, so that I would not cause any unnecessary noise and awake Kibum. I picked up the phone and was surprised to hear the voice. It was my grandmother, my grandmother whom I’ve not seen in the past three months.

 

“Grandson…,” Jonghyun’s grandmother speaks in a motherly tone.

 

“Yes grandma? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?” I asked whilst yawning.

 

“You forgot, do you?”

 

“What?” I asked confused.

 

“Today’s your birthday, happy birthday Jonghyunie.”

 

Wait, wait, wait. What? I totally forgot! Today’s my birthday, my 25th birthday. Time flies must faster than expected and I guess I totally forgot that my birthday is today.

 

“Thank you grandma.” We both then chat for quite some time, which was mainly me telling her how much I missed her presence and school life. After a long chat, I hung up the call, feeling excited. Oh yea! Today’s my birthday. Time to celebrate it wonderfully, I thought. I exited the bathroom with smiles on my face, thinking how I should spend such a rare occasion. Within seconds, one person immediately came into my mind - Kim Kibum. Let’s have fun today, Kibummie.


Chapter 10

Word count: 2337

Date Published: October 08, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: Helloooo! I've updated. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I also realised that my story doesn't have like an actual pitfall or plot like that, so be prepared for one! As the story cannot be all of happy moments.

 

AND...... SHINEE RELEASED THIER NEW KOREAN ALBUM - 1OF1!

The album really have very nice songs, but my favourite is Don't Let Me Go~ It's a sweet ballad track and there's KEY'S HIGH NOTE! ASDFGHJKL

 

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!