6. Business

In Search of Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Business

“Stay by my side and help me.”

            Everything stops like a red light. Nothing more to say, it ends with her tears. Not okay, she lives in denial. This is the last ditch of effort and wish. He is her endless love and man. Love is so painful.

            “Are you okay?” Chaeyoung asks her friend with an worried expression. Jisoo glances at her before slowly nodding her head. In reality, her heart feels like it’s beating slower than usual with immense pain running through her head. The pain killers didn’t seem to be working on her this time. “Did you hear that the chairman’s son is going on a business trip? And guess what. He gets to take any employee with him! I hope it’s me! I need a break from this building.”

            Jisoo scrunches her nose before replying back to her friend. “I pray that it won’t be me. I plan on going home and sleeping for the rest of the weekend.”

            The universe is so cruel to Jisoo.

            Not even a minute has passed by when the chairman’s son walks into the room with his male secretary following after. He scatters his eyes around the room to look for a particular person. Chaeyoung elbows Jisoo to look at the entrance of the room. She already knows.

            Jisoo immediately ducks her head down and mentally curses. Out of all the people working in the company, V just had to chose her when she isn’t feeling well.

            “Where is Hwang Jisoo?” V asks everyone. In a split second, everyone points to Jisoo’s cubicle. She slowly lifts up her head to see her coworkers pointing at her - including her friend, Chaeyoung. Her face falls into a miserable frown as she stands up to face the respective male. With a bow, she looks at him in the eyes. He waves his hand to her, motioning her to come to him. She takes small steps to him with her head looking down at every step made.

            As Jisoo gets to V, he takes her wrist and pulls her out of the room. The others who watched the whole thing happen are squealing and talking about how lucky Jisoo is to be going on the business trip with the board of director.

            Why me? Jisoo asks to herself. She’s secretly whining in her head because today isn’t the day for her. She doesn’t break away from V and lets him lead her to wherever.

            Going through elevators and multiple rooms, Jisoo is now standing across from V in his office. He sits in his desk looking at her while her eyes stay focusing on the ground.

            “Jisoo,” he says.

            Her head automatically shoots up to look at him.

            “Do you know why you’re here?”

            Jisoo nods before telling him, “I’m here because you want me to accompany you on your business trip?”

            “Great,” V mumbles. “Since you know, go home and pack your bags. We’ll be staying in J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter