9. Maybe

In Search of Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe

"Jisoo turns to the male and pulls one of his hands into hers.

Her warmth spreads through his cold body and makes his heart warm up."

         In the middle of a vast lonely world, one person speaks softly. No matter how loud she shouts, it won’t reach. It makes her so gravely lonely that she quietly shuts . The world will never know how sad she is.

            Closing the bathroom door, Jisoo accidently bumps into someone. She quickly turns around to apologize to the person she had just crashed into.

            “I’m sorry,” she says--with a bow. As Jisoo raises her head, she sees a boy with the exact same features as V. Both boys have a golden complexion with dark brown eyes that engulfed people into them. Their long noses and pretty faces would make any girl gawk. He looks about 17 years old.

            “Are you a new maid?” The boy asks as he scans Jisoo. “You look fairly young.”

            “She’s not a maid,” a voice says. Jisoo can feel someone throw their arm around her--lazily. “Jisoo this is Jungkyu. Jungkyu this is Jisoo.”

            What is he doing here? Jisoo thinks to herself.

            “Hyung!” Jungkyu hollers. “What are you doing here!”

            The younger male tackles his older brother with a hug from excitement.

            “I haven’t seen you in like six months and you’re a freaking beast now,” V tells his brother.

            “I’m a growing boy,” Jungkyu informs. V ruffles the boy’s hair with an evident smile on his face.

            On the other hand, Jisoo contemplates about V’s relationship with Jungkyu and Eunjin. He’s more fond with Jungkyu due to the fact that they’re blood brothers, but it’s not like Eunjin was the one who did anything wrong.

            As the three walk to the dining room, they are greeted with Mr. Kim sitting at the head of the table and mistress V’s step-mother next to him.

            V nonchalantly takes Jisoo’s hand and seats them near his step-mother. Jungkyu follows and seats himself next to Eunjin.

            Silence takes over the room with tension becoming their oxygen.

            “What a surprise for you to be here,” Mr. Kim says to V.

            “I came to the conclusion that I should be a good son once in awhile,” he responds with a chuckle that quickly fades into a glare. “I’ve missed my family: Dad, Jungkyu, Eunjin, and… Yoona or should I call you Mom?”

            V’s eyes look over to his step-mother. He views her picking up rice with his spoon, only she’s frozen from hearing him calling her ‘mom’.

            She rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter