Prologue

In Search of Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

"That was the start of a big disaster."

 

          South Korea holds an estimated population of 50.22 million people. One-sixth of that number contributes to those who have suffered from one-sided love. As a result, different types of flowers are bloomed in the people who suffer. Afterwards she or he will vomit and cough out the petals that have bloomed. Many people are given the choice to go through surgery to remove the petals and feelings. This happens all because of love that’s unrequited. Hanahaki Byou.

 

• 5 years previous from present •

 

          The wind walked past the trees lazily as the sun beamed happily. Conversations were being held in every corner of the large campus. College freshmen gathered here and there in search of their new friends. Four girls, best friends since middle school, had their own conversation. Being new to the campus, the girls seemed to not know what they were doing. They would only giggling about the cute guys that would walk pass them, talk about their schedules, and which days they had classes.

          “I forgot to mention,” Jennie said, “I met a few freshmens with the same major as ours. They asked me if I’d like to join their study group. I’ll go if you three go.”

          “Study group?” Chaeyoung questioned. “It’s only been the first week of school so far.”

          “Well maybe we’ll need to join the study group for future purposes,” Jisoo stated.

          “Exactly,” Jennie responded while she took a crumbled piece of paper out of her pocket.  She read the piece of paper before saying, “The guy who asked me to join even gave me his number. His name is Park Jimin. The study group will meet every Wednesdays.”

          “That’s tomorrow,” Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and Lisa said - in unison.

          “It won’t hurt to go and try new things. We’re freshmens and it’s good to stick around people like ourselves.”

          Jisoo didn’t take Jennie’s words much to consideration before agreeing to do so. It took Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa a lot of convincing to do before Chaeyoung agreed to join the study group. They decided to go and benefit from it’s use. Though knowing the types of students that went to the university, the girls didn’t know what type of people to expect at the meeting.

          Jisoo, Jennie, Chaeyoung, and Lisa showed up at the school’s library the following day. From Jisoo’s quick observation, the group mainly consisted of smart students who cared about their grades. One person, in particular, caught her eyes. Jisoo swore that she had never seen anyone better looking - excluding all the buzzing celebrities.

          “Hi,” the student with a dashing eye smile greeted. “I’m the creator of this study group: Park Jimin. Nice to meet you all.” There was an awkward, and low, clap given from the small group of ten people that were formed into a circle.

          “Hello, I’m Jeon Jungkook,” the male said. Jisoo let a small grin slide onto her face from hearing him talk. His voice is the type of voice you’d want to hear forever. It’s almost as smooth as butter.         

          Everyone from the circle introduced themselves, and soon it was Jisoo’s turn.

          “Uh,” Jisoo mumbled. “I-I’m Hwang Jisoo.” She gave herself a mental sla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter