E I G H T

Just Wait, Ph!

MONDAY SEPTEMBER XX, 20XX.

I slipped my blazer on and started to pile things into my bag for work; it had been only a few months since my accident and I was feeling brave with the help of my little bottle of courage. My wound was almost completely healed and I had decided to go to work, making Taemin nervous. He had called me three times the night before to make me change my mind but it didn't work, I was going to snatch back the contract I let slip through my fingers; Kayos here I come!

I took a deep breath and crossed the sky light bridge with a confident, yet doubtful stride. I got weird looks and friendly waves from the other buildings occupants. I was almost to the other side of the sky light, only a few more steps- I couldn't help to feel happy on the other side of that terror. I took the elevator to my works floor and surprised a few people I was back to soon, but I didn't waste time.

I knocked on the boss' door and waited for him to open the door, he seemed shocked to see me and invited me into his office; which looked hectic.

"Glad to see you're up for work again Yee-soo." My boss motioned for me to have a seat, but I declined.

"I was wondering if I could have a opinion on something;" I tapped my finger lightly on the back of the chair. "I wanted to ask Kayos' Chairwoman about the contract again, while I was on sick leave I created some pieces I'd like to offer her." I handed my book to him and he flipped through the pages with a very satisfied look on his face.

"It might be easier to just send these to her-"

"I'd like to deliver them to her personally."

"I'll tell her you are on your way!" My boss picked up the phone as I stuffed my book back into my bag and exited the office eyes set on Kayos.

[OUTSIDE KAYOS CLOTHING STORE]

I stepped out of my cab and took a look up at the building, the windows were lined with artists and beautiful clothing, and hopefully soon to be my designs. I took my first step into the building and made my way to the desk requesting to see the Chairwoman.

I was let through and I made my way into an elevator, greeted by the assistant. I took a few deep breaths and cleared my mind. Popping another pill for courage and confidence I made my way out of the elevator to the big double doors; I knocked.

"Come In." Her voice came from the little sound box beside me.

I pushed one of the doors open and walked in, my eyes widened at the threshold between us. Everything looked as if it came out of a catalogue, dark wood and Persian rugs; I took my steps towards her.

"Yee-soo from-"

"I've been expecting you," She looked over my body and continued "You seem to be all healed. What a shame you missed your chance."

"I-I brought my sketch book for you to look at some of my designs!"

She just chuckled and took the book from my hands. The look on her face was very neutral, making me wince as she turned the page. After what seemed like a long time she placed the book down on one of the dresses and looked at me.

"If you can make this for me in three days I will take you into our Company." She smirked.

"T-Three Days?" I was taken back. "I'm not sure I-"

"Well It was a nice chat with you then."

"I'll do it!!" I raised my voice.

"Good, see you Thursday afternoon. You can leave."

I bowed ninety degrees and exited the fortress with a mission to begin.

--

[BACK HOME -] 

I had been to the fabric store and sewing place and I was now sitting on the floor of my apartment drawing out the pieces and fueled with my new found determination. I spent many hours over my own bathtub dying the fabric pieces and staining it. I pulled my sewing machine out onto the coffee table and began to thread it, nothing caught my attention but a bang on the door.

I grumbled on the way to the door and pulled it open to find a disguised Taemin who just walked in and made his way to the fridge. I shut the door and all the locks and turned my attention to the familiar face in the kitchen.

"Hey. What brings you here so late?" I asked him, leaning against the counter.

"You haven't been answering your texts all morning or evening." He turned to face me with open arms.

"I-Ive been busy, the ChairWomen of Kayos issued me a challenge."

"A Challenge?" Taemin had a banana milk in his hand and I followed him into the mess my living space was.

" I have 72 hours to create this." I picked up a sketch of the dress and showed Taemin.

"Three days?" He asked. "That explains the lack of communication and this mess."

I nodded and let him sit on the couch, and I sat on the floor again in front of my machine and continued to sew.

His presence made me feel excited to succeed, I wanted my name to get out there and be as famous as he was. I worked hard, until the next morning while a sleeping prince snored happily on the couch.

It was Taemins phone what startled me awake the next morning, it was his manager asking for him to come back to the hotel. I glanced at the clock it was six in the morning and I was barely half done.

"Okay, Ph I am heading out again. I'll see you at the concert tomorrow right?" Taemin ruffled my short hair.

"About that.." I looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

"I understand." He gave me a half smile that made my heart wrench.

After a few minutes when he left I scrambled to find my pill bottle and took a pill. Hopefully I thought it would help keep me up.

--

[THURSDAY; Wee hours of the morning.]

I was almost done, after three days of non-stop clothes creating I was just putting the last touch on the shoulder strap. My fingers were covered in band aids and burns, I had been unreachable for hours and I must of looked like a monster. I was in the same clothes as Wednesday and haven't eaten in hours, Take out food had been laid out on the kitchen island.

After the completion I but it into a hanging bag and started to work on my own appearance, I hopped into the shower and just sat at the bottom of my newly stained mint tub. The temperature cold, enough to keep me awake for a little longer while I cleaned myself and waited for D-Day.

[Kayos Clothing - 12pm.]

I carried the bag into the office and began to set up the manikin before the chairwoman arrived. I pulled it on without any troubles and pulled the so called ruffles out and began to position it for best view before covering it with a black sheet for surprise effect.

After a few minutes passed she entered the room like a business woman and took a seat at her giant desk and smiled a bit at me.

"It seems you were able to finish it in the time limit. I am impressed. But what it looks like versus the drawing is the real magic."

"I present to you, the second of my own creations I've made entirely with my own hands." I gently reviled the dress.

The Chairwoman stood up from her seat. "Its.."

TO BE CONTINUED!