F O U R T E E N

Just Wait, Ph!
 

" I could be a better appa.."

I looked at the brown haired man in front of me, sounding so sincere. Key had always been by my side through all the ups and downs, and he had feelings for me. He was mature and had all the qualitied of being a father, how could I turn him down.

"I'll give you a chance Kibum." I said not moving my gaze from my large belly.

"W-what? Really?" The look in his eyes made my heart race, the way he looked so happy.

"Really. I should give you a chance, it's only fair."

"Got it, after the birth I will be here with you step after step. Once we finish in Japan, I'll remain by your side." Key leaned over the counter and kissed my fore head lightly.

"It's a boy.."

"A boy, wow.. Have you thought of any names? I assume they will be American choices."

"It's between Albert, and Sun Joong."

"No matter which one you choose, they both sound beautiful."

After another hour Key left the house with a large smile to meet up with the other boys. I carefully flopped onto the couch with a loud sigh, which must of been loud enough my mother came down the stairs.

"Was that Key? I wanted to share my debak korean skills with him."

"He wants to be the dad."

"WHAT," my mother rushed by my side and grabbed my hand.

"He wants to take care of me and this baby."

"What about-"

"I'm giving him a chance." i took a deep breath; "I never gave him the time of day before."

"Whatever makes my daughter and grandson happy." she patted my head lightly before getting up.

--

The constant vibrations from my mobile made me climb out of bed and grab it off the table, it was Key asking me my status. I smiled a little, letting him know I had gone to bed. With a goodnight selca I put the phone down and crawled into bed.

I had about two more months before this little munchkin was ready to come into the world, the kicking and time spent sitting my bladder would pay off soon. Although he was a restless child I still managed to get a good night rest every night.

It was around five in the morning when I was woken up by my own son, he must have been shuffling around enough to wake me from my slumber. I stood up from bed and headed down stairs for a glass of water and my prenatal vitamin, I would be up for the rest of the day.

I pulled a chair up to the kitchen table with my sketch book and pencil and began to sketch out a few designs that lingered in my mind from my dreams. Light pasteld and very long gowns at filled the pages of my sketch book, the world around me just went on without me noticing.

My mother hugged me from behind as she headed towards the coffee cup, joined by my father who was given a piece of toast while he tied his tie. They were the image I was every time I though about my dream family, they were so in love and so affectionate.

I put my pencil down and checked on my phone to see if Key had messaged me, and I was surprised by four messages from him, wishing me a good day and how he was excited to meet Albert / Joong soon. I caught myself smiling at his words this morning, I might have made the best decsion in awhile.

--

Days passed by, even weeks went quickly making me more nervous for my due date. I had seen the doctor the other day and said I could burst anytime in the next few weeks. I spent a lot of time walking around the house using movement to make my future delivery easier for me.

I decided to get some fresh air and went out the front door to check the mail and rest of the portch. I lifted the lid on the metal box and found a card from my aunt with a gift car to a child's clothing store. While examining the card I heard something fall in front of me, I placed the card down and my eye met with the last person I wanted to see.

"T-Taemin.."

"I told you that she won't see you.." Key said before noticing my presence on the porch,

"Ph.." Taemin whimpered my name, and It felt like a shot to the heart. "Why didn't you tell me.."

"She didn't want to ruin your career," Key answered for me, I just stood still.

"But that child is mine, my genes."

"It's going to be mine now," Key said moving towards me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hyung.. how could you..?" Taemin's eyes were over spilling with tears. " I had her first.."

"You should have been more responsible, now you've lost. I'm sorry to be so harsh."

"Taeminnie.." the only words I could get out of my mouth, before a pressure from inside me dropped.

My water had broken..