T W E L V E

Just Wait, Ph!
 

I woke up again, a few nurses adjusted the flow of a clear bag above my bed accordingly. I tried to let my eyes adjust to the florescent lights, the sky beyond the window was dark. I had guessed I'd been out for awhile before sitting up, I let out a sigh before standing up out of my bed. With the IV pole in hand I walked out into the corridor and got the attention of a nurse at the desk, within a few minutes I was unhooked from the iv line and send home.

The street lights shined with bright lights, making my headache even worse. I walked out to my car and unlocked it, slipping into the drivers seat. I rested my head against the steering wheel and let out a breath, trying to relax my nerves. Letting a few tears escape my eyes I put the car into drive and took off home.

I pulled into the underground parking and placed it into park, taking the keys out of the ignition and stepping out of the car. My entire mood was empty, no emotions at all, I dragged my feet to the elevator and hit the button for my floor and waited peaceably as the numbers counted up. I almost missed my floor, I hit the open door button and apologized to the others in the confined space.

I closed my front door and locked all of the locks, triple checking before I made my way to the couch for the rest of the night. I had to decide if I would tell Taemin or leave Japan all together; in mid thought I fell asleep again.

- Mystery Lover ~-

I was awoken by my phone around three in the afternoon the next day, I mentally cursed as I answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi Daughter, how are you doing?" My mother's comforting voice on the other side of the line made me smile temporarily.

"I'm alive and kicking, how are you?" It felt funny speaking in english.

"It's been going; DEBAK"

"Stop it, you sound so foreign."

"You love me."

"I do.. But I have some news.."

"What kind of news?"

"You should sit down." I cautioned.

After a few seconds my mother gave me a signal.

"So, you can be mad at me and call me irresponsible."

"Did you borrow money?"

"No, mom."

"Are you doing drugs?!"

"NO. Do you really think I'm that bad."

"Then what is going on? Are you pregnant or something?"

"Surprise...?" I said bracing for the yell.

"Is it his?"

"His?"

"Mr.. Lee."

"Yes Mom,"

"I didn't know you were ually active.."

"We only did it once.."

"You must have your mothers birth genes!"

I let out a sigh and continued answering her questions about work and the small life form growing inside me, "Did you tell Taemin?"

"I, uh.."

"You don't want to, do you?" My mothers voice sounding a little disappointing.

"He's so busy being a star, and I don't want to ruin his career-"

"HE SHOULD HAVE USED A THEN!"

I couldn't help let out a little laugh, my mother was the last person to look down on me.

"Phoebe, Daughter. Remember you can always come home, we can help you raise it."

"I know mom, I might actually do that. I'll miss him, but I can always support him from the side lines."

"I understand, call me when you make your decision. Love you."

"I love you too, mom."

I ended the phone call with my mother and sunk further into the couch, despite having such a time difference I could always depend on her. I placed my hands on my stomach and thought about a little Taemin running around, and I grinned to myself. I knew I would have to make a decisions soon before I started to show.

Like I did a year and so ago, I pulled out a coin and looked over it. Heads, I tell Taemin, Tails I hide it.

I tucked my thumb under the coin and flipped it into the air, as if in the dramas; the coin slowly fell into my hands and I closed my palm. It was...