Chapter 8

Choices

~ Luhan's P.O.V. ~

I walked around the park, looking for Minseok. I asked him to be here by five, but there was no sign of him. I began wandering aimlessly, calling Minseok’s name every couple of feet. Finally, I rounded a corner and saw Minseok backed into a corner, face full of fright, with his belongings spread out on the cement, among a large group of pigeons.

     At first, I didn’t understand why he was so scared. But, with the way he was looking at the birds, it was explanation enough. That’s adorable. I thought to myself. I then realized that he was waiting for me to do something. I stomped my foot on the ground, sending the pigeons flying away. However, I regretted it briefly with the pain that shot through my leg.

   I walked over to Minseok and pulled him into my arms, which he did not object to. After I let go, I noticed his cheeks were flushed red. I felt my face do the same. I helped him gather his stuff, and insisted that I walk him home. I worried about the poor, innocent guy. As we were walking, I was having an internal crisis. I wanted to hold his hand; I wanted to hold him in my arms; I wanted to protect him; I wanted to care for him with every fiber of my being. But, we’re just friends. Or, at least, we’re friends for now. But, we won’t ever be anything more than friends if I don’t start dropping hints.

    I debated silently with myself until I finally thought, screw it. I put my hand down at my side, reached over, and intertwined our fingers. I smiled down at him, and he looked away shyly, but I could see a smile on his face as well.

    “It’s getting dark.” He pointed upwards to where the stars began to shine in the sky.

    “How about I walk you home?” I offered, gesturing in the direction of his house. He happily nodded, and we began walking again.

    “Goodnight, LuLu.” He said as we reached his front door. Lulu. I like that. I was thankful for the darkness, so he couldn’t see my face grow red. I kidded about having nicknames, then told my XiuXiu goodnight too. I waited until he was safely inside before turning to walk to my house.

    I turned slightly and saw him watching me from his front window. I playfully blew a kiss at him, laughing after I did so. He pretended to catch it, not able to keep a serious face either.