Chapter 15

Choices

~ Chen's P.O.V. ~

I jumped on my bike and started the engine, holding a bouquet of luscious scarlet roses. My heart was beating so fast and loud it seemed as if it were going to burst out of my chest. The whole drive to Xiumin's house was nerve racking and my hands were sweating causing me to lose some grip on my bike.

When I finally got there I parked my bike and started to walk towards his house. I stayed on the sidewalk for a little while, trying to build up the courage when I saw someone sprint to the house. I recognized him from far away and started to sprint as well. I couldn't let Luhan, the president of the student council, beat me to my XiuXiu.

We both ran to XiuXiu’s door at the same time. “What in the hell are you doing here?” I furiously asked him.

“I-I’m here to see Xiumin.” He said in a quiet voice.

I knew he was afraid of me and I wanted it to stay like that. I'm not going to let Luhan steal Xiumin away from me. “Well, too bad. ‘Cause so am I.” I sneered at him.

Soon the door opened, revealing Xiumin's mom. My attitude instantly changed. She looked at both of us with the flowers and asked what she could do for us. Both Luhan and I sat there frozen until our beloved Xiumin walked down the stairs. His mother told him he had company and he panicked.

He gave the lamest excuse  in the world because we knew it was a lie. He quickly said that he needed to do homework when we all knew he did his a week in advance. His mom finally let us in and we both ran up the stairs, pushing and arguing with each other. I leaned up against the door and heard a faint sobbing noise. “Xiu, you okay?” I said with a lot of concern in my voice.

“XiuXiu, are you alright?”he called to my XiuXiu.

I got angry and said “Why do you always have to one-up me, dude?” And smacked him on the arm. We started arguing about what was best for Xiumin until a small voice on the other side of the door requested us to stop.

“I couldn’t stand to lose either one of you.” He said after making both of us feel guilty.

“Xiumin-” Luhan started.

“No! I won’t run from this anymore.” He interrupted Luhan. His language took us by surprise. This was no longer the sweet Xiumin we know and love, he was now pissed at us.

The door swung open to reveal a red face Xiumin. My heart broke, it looked as if he were going to cry but then it also looked as if he was going to yell at us. He looked at us then nodded towards the bed. I took the lead and then Luhan followed me. We both say on the edges and Xiumin pulled up a chair in between us.

“In one sentence, please, tell me why you showed up on my doorstep with roses.” He said looking at Luhan first.

Luhan froze not knowing what to say so I stepped in. “I believe we’re both here because...well...we love you, Kim Minseok. Both of us.” I said while taking a quick glance at Luhan. Xiumin stood there frozen in disbelief with his mouth hung open. We both prepared for the worst until he said something that made both of our hearts stop.

“I-I love you guys, too.” He said quietly. “But,” this made us worry again, smiles fading from our faces. “you guys practically despise each other. I can’t be happy if the two people I love are at each other’s throats all the time.” He said finally looking at both of us.

“So, what are you suggesting?” Luhan said just as confused as I was.

“Have you guys ever considered having a polyamorous relationship?” He questioned us reluctantly.

I knew I wasn't the smartest pea in the pod but I wasn't the dumbest, I knew exactly what he was talking about.