Chapter 10

Choices

~ Xiumin's P.O.V. ~

After a few minutes of debating, we agreed on Mexican food. I knew a restaurant that was just around the corner from the theater, and Chen was more than happy that we wouldn’t have to walk too far (he still hadn’t picked his bike up from the shop).

    We walked into the restaurant and sat down at a booth. I expected Chen to sit across from me, but he instead slid in next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. I instantly leaned my weight on him, placing my head on his shoulder and my arms around his torso. He looked down at me and gave me the biggest smile I ever thought to be possible. He is so perfect. But, I don’t think he sees me as anything more than a friend, I thought to myself.

    Chen and I broke out of our thoughts long enough to order our food, then ate in silence after it came until he started talking about the movie to get conversation started again.

    “So, how did you like the movie, XiuXiu?” he asked immediately after I took a rather large bite.

    I looked up at him with my mouth full, which caused him to start laughing. I swallowed my food and playfully glared at him. “What?!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in exaggerated frustration.

    “You just look adorable.” He complimented me with a large smile of his face.

    The rest of the night was filled with horrible jokes, puns, and random topics that seem to have nothing on common whatsoever.