Chapter 7

Choices

~ Xiumin's P.O.V. ~

A week after the pigeon incident with Chen, Luhan invited me to the park. I decided to give the park one more shot for Luhan. I grabbed a light jacket just in case it got cold later, and then headed out the door.

As I walked down the road to get to the park, I felt pretty confident until I saw a flock of pigeons. I tried to keep calm but once they walked towards me I freaked out and started throwing things at them. Before I could tell what happened I had lost to the pigeons and they had surrounded me once again. I had sat for twenty minutes until Luhan came around the corner, calling for me.

   “Minseok! Minseok, where are you?” called Luhan

  “I’m o-over here Lu-Luhan.” I said as loud as I could. I looked up at a confused Luhan and gave him a terrified look which explained everything. He picked up my things as he walked up to me. He took one look at me then the birds and scared them all away with one stomp of his foot. He quickly picked me up and pulled me into an embrace. My cheeks instantly turned red. He returned all of my stuff and then we started to walk. As we were walking, he dropped his hand to mine and then slowly separated my fingers and entwined his with mine. He looked down at me and gave me a big goofy smile. I couldn’t resist and smiled back. We roamed the park and laughed at everything.

  It started to get dark so Luhan insisted that he walk me back home. As we came to my doorstep I told him in a loving voice “Goodnight… Lulu”

  “Oh, do we have nicknames now? Okay XiuXiu…”