Chapter 1

Choices

~Chen's P.O.V.~

Bring Me The Horizon blasted through my phone speakers, scaring the holy hell out of me. I lazily swung my arm over to the night stand and hit the snooze button. Then again. And again. And again. And again.

    Finally, my mom came into my room and yelled at me to “get my out of bed”. I rolled over until I completely fell out of bed, grunting as I hit the hardwood floor. I groggily got up and trudged into my bathroom, getting ready to start another day in hell.

I wrestled into my black skinny jeans, then threw on my black leather jacket over my white t-shirt, briefly hugging my mother on the way out the door, grabbing my keys out of the bowl we keep by the door.

    I climb on my motorcycle and pull out of the driveway, narrowly avoiding causing an accident with a Volkswagen. I drove rather slowly to the place I dread going to every morning: school. I parked in my usual spot in the faculty parking, right where it read “student council”, ignoring all the warnings I had received from the Senior Class President.

    I casually walked up the stairs to the office and got usual late slip. I reluctantly took the stroll to my first period, AP Calculus.