Morning Call

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday evening and Jackson decided to sleepover at his best friend's apartment because he was feeling lonely. Of course, Mark wasn't surprised at all. His best friend dislikes being alone and a scaredy cat. There was a time when Jackson knocked like a maniac at Mark's front door and when he got in, he explained that there were bugs at his apartment so he can't sleep there. Mark doesn't find it bothersome though.

"So, should I confess?" Jackson asked his best friend.

"What do you even like about him?" he replied, typing something at his phone.

"I mean, I think I really like him. He looks perfect to me. I know that nobody's perfect. But when you love the person, everything about him is perfect, right?" Jackson said.

"I got the point. What I mean is, do you really like the guy? How do you know that you like him?" Mark asked again, still busy at his phone.

"I don't know. I just felt like he's the one. Whenever I'm with him, I feel like I can be myself. I can feel my heart is beating so fast. I laugh more. It's just every moment with him is precious to me. Crazy, right? But that's how I feel, dude." Jackson said.

"Hmmm." Mark replied lazily, all attention to his phone.

"Ya! Yi-En, are you even listening to me? Who are you even texting at this time of night? Another target?" Jackson asked.

"Jinyoungie." Mark replied coolly.

"Oh, Jinyoung. That dude's so nice. But won't you even ask me who I like? Jackson said, now lying at his foam bed.

"Don't tell me.. It's Jinyoung?!" Mark stood up from his bed.

"The , bro. No. It's not." Jackson said while looking at his friend awkwardly.

"Oh. Then who?" Mark cleared his throat before he spoke and went back lying to his bed.

"It's BamBam." Jackson said fidgeting at his foam bed.

"BamBam, as in Kunpimook Bhuwakul? The Thai?" Mark asked and his best friend nodded.

"Are you serious?! You really love the guy?" Mark asked for the second time.

"I told you, Mark. Yea. I love him. I ain't fooling around." Jackson said.

"You should confess, then. Of you really like him that much." Mark said as he was shifting his attention at his phone.

"Really? You think so? I'll confess then. You're the best, Markiepooohhh~" Jackson stood up and hugged his best friend tightly. Mark sat up due to Jackson's bear hug.

"So, since you helped me decide, I'll be a good best friend and listen to you now." Jackson said as he scooted at Mark's side.

"Lemme see... Hmmm.." Jackson said as he poked his head close to Mark's text messages.

"What the , Jackson. Move your big head." Mark said.

"You asked Jinyoung on a date? Aren't that too far to win our bet?" Jackson asked astonished.

"Why? What's wrong with that?" Mark asked, clueless. He sure asks plenty of questions tonight.

"Are you crazy? Normally, it was your targets who ask you out on dates. But you just asked your target. Don't tell me, you fell for him?" Jackson said, curiosity tingling.

"Me? No way. And what's wrong with asking my target on date?" Mark said. The way he said it feels wrong. He felt guilty, somehow.

"If you say so." Jackson got up and laid again at his foam bed.

Mark's phone vibrated. He smiled as he looked at the message.

"Let me guess, he said yes?" Jackson guessed, wiggling his brows. Mark ignored his best friend and continued typing his reply happily. Sick of the sight he was seeing, Jackson just shook his head and positioned himself, ready to sleep.

...

From: babe :*

Hey, are you free tomorrow? Let's meet up. Same café. Don't worry. We'll just discuss about our project. ;)

Jinyoung hesitated if he will accept the offer or not. But in the end, he still typed 'okay'. Setting the plans aside, what bothers him the most is Mark's name on his contacts. Since he doesn't know how to edit names in his contacts, he asked Jaebum. But the older just laughed and didn't even bother to help him. So he gave up and just left Mark's name like that.

Jinyoung put his phone down and lied on his bed. He closed his eyes and mumbled a "Tomorrow's gonna be a verry loooong day."

Saturday Morning- 6:30AM

Jinyoung woke up groaning from the ringing of his phone. He picked it up and didn't bother to look at the caller's name.

"Hmm.." Jinyoung said at the line, still closing his eyes.

"It's me. Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"I'm sorry me. But I'm hanging up. I'm sleepy." Jinyoung replied as he hung up and about to continue to sleeping when his phone rang again. He covered his ears with his pillows. The ringing didn't stop so he picked it up. The other side of the phone was laughing so hard.

"Nyoung, did you just say a joke earlier?" the older continued his laughing. Jinyoung woke up. This time, he really comes to his senses. He sat up, confused. He doesn't know what the guy talks about.

"Uhm, sorry. What did I say?" Jinyoung asked while yawning.

"Seriously, you said you are you when I told you I was me. Then you hung up." the guy continued laughing.

"Ookayy. But who are you?" Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter