Moving On

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three weeks since they broke up and Jinyoung was still miserable. Nobody else in their circle knew about their break up except the only people he told; his best friend, Jaebum and his best friend's boyfriend, Youngjae. Not that he was hiding it, but more like he doesn't want to talk about it knowing that he would be more miserable than he is right now. Even though he would eventually let BamBam and Yugyeom know. Apparently, for Jackson, knowing that he was Mark's best friend, would already know about this which is beneficial to Jinyoung since he doesn't need to explain it in Jackson's face who would definitely ask nonstop questions.

Good thing to Jinyoung, he was recovering. Even though he felt like a useless rock, he still managed. Now and then, when he was spacing out, those memories would come haunt him back and that would only make him feel worse. So, he busied himself. He went to school in the mornings and worked part time at the pizza parlor near his apartment. After those short weeks which seemed to be too long for Jinyoung, it was a blessing for him to find an apartment which was for himself. Even though it was okay with Jaebum to stay at his apartment and Youngjae also approved it which is nice, he still refused and insisted that he wanted to live independently. Of course, he knew that he can't rely on his best friend all the time. He understood that Jaebum have his own life and he can't take that to him.

One afternoon in the library, when he was stuffing all his backpack with books and notebooks, he was shocked to see his dongsaengs who were a little out of breath. He looked at BamBam and to Yugyeom with confused face. BamBam looked somehow sad as well as Yugyeom.

"Hyung—" BamBam said a little louder which caused an attention. Apparently, Yugyeom covered BamBam's mouth which made the Thai to shut up.

"Bam, you need to talk softly, we're inside the library!" Yugyeom whispered a little louder in BamBam's ear. Jinyoung just looked at them with confusion but laughed anyway since his dongsaengs were being cute and childish.

"Let's talk outside." Jinyoung butted in as the two nodded in response.

They were now inside a café. BamBam treated Jinyoung a caramel macchiato. Jinyoung found it unusual since BamBam never ever once did he treat anyone in their circle, not even a candy. But Jinyoung gladly accepted it. Yugyeom complained on why is it only Jinyoung who BamBam treated which answered by the Thai that "Jinyoung hyung is an exception. Just today. I won't waste my money on something other than this.".

Jinyoung took a sip on his macchiato and noticed that Yugyeom was somehow fidgeting as if he was about to say something that he doesn't want to.

"Okay. So what do you need? I still need to work for my part-time." Jinyoung broke the silence. Yugyeom and BamBam made an eye contact as if they were conversing. Finally, after a five-second staring contest of the two, Yugyeom sipped his chocolate milkshake quickly and put it down after sipping a half of it. He took a deep breath and shut his eyes as he spoke.

"Hyung... Is it true that you broke up with.. M-Mark hyung?" Yugyeom finally said a little bit fast. He finally breathed out and opened his eyes. BamBam slapped his arm and said;

"Idiot! How can you be so direct?!" BamBam literally face-palmed as he looked at Jinyoung and added, "Sorry hyung.".

"From whom did you hear it?" Jinyoung asked softly.

"Uhh, we somehow heard it in our class. It has been the topic since these past few weeks." Yugyeom said awkwardly.

"Oh.. I guess the news spread rather quickly since he's a famous head." Jinyoung sighed as he leaned on his chair.

"I mean, hyung. Are you alright?" BamBam asked with concerned tone.

"Somehow. I can't say that I'm fine. I would be lying." Jinyoung chuckled.

"Sorry, hyung... For opening this topic up." Yugyeom said as he lowered his head.

"Nah, it's fine. Somehow, I'm also sorry. I really intended to let you know guys but I guess I don't want to talk about it." Jinyoung said honestly.

"Yeah... Jackson hyung was also shocked. It seems like Mark hyung didn't tell him anything about it at all." BamBam said.

"Heh, He didn't tell his best friend about it. Maybe he felt ashamed. Oh, or maybe he doesn't trust Jackson too?" Jinyoung said while his eyes were becoming wide.

BamBam and Yugyeom looked at their hyung with pity eyes. "Hyung.."

Jinyoung noticed that just now, it seemed like he was affected. Anything related to that er should not be his business. He needed to stop acting like this.

"I'm sorry guys. I should've not said that."

"It's okay, hyung. We understand." Yugyeom assured the older which made Jinyoung smile.

It was his first time for the past three weeks to finally laugh and smile naturally. Apparently, the younger, as the story went with the flow, it somehow lead them to funny talks. Partly, because BamBam was doing it on purpose to distract Jinyoung and partly because he missed his hyung.

Jinyoung was thankful that he was able to talk to his dongsaengs before his part-time. He somehow felt that the weigh on his shoulders was lessened. And for him, it was a good start to move on. It had been a minute when he bid farewell to BamBam and Yugyeom. He was heading to his part-time when he saw a certain person who was walking on a busy street with his phone pressed on his right ear. It was Mark. The guy whom he was avoiding to encounter for these past few weeks. His ex-boyfriend. No matter how Jinyoung hated it, he still love Mark. He did not notice that his eyes were following Mark's petite figure. He looked at the American's expression and it looked like he was somehow annoyed by the person who was over the phone. He did not realize himself that he was following the elder and by then he accidentally eavesdropped.

"What do you want now?" Mark asked rather annoyed. Jinyoung can't make out the sentences that the caller were saying.

"I told you not to call me anymore, Jae. Stop bothering me!" Mark said. Voice was raising and not caring if it caused a scene. But as for Jinyoung, the name that Mark mentioned was making his blood boil.

'Jae? And he told me that nothing happened towards them? Why did I even fell in love with a playboy.' Jinyoung thought in disappointment.

"It was your fault that I broke up with Jinyoung. You set me up!" Mark spat out.

'And he was still blaming that even though it was certainly evident that he was the one who started it?!' Jinyoung asked himself in annoyance.

"Shut up, er! Don't call me ever again!" Mark immediately ended the phone call and pulled his hair. He was so frustrated. It had been weeks since the break up but he can't seem to accept the fact that they were really done. He tightly gripped his phone and threw it. The phone landed in impact and it almost hit a person who flinched. He immediately regretted that he threw his phone and apologized to the guy who was almost hit with it. He went to pick up the pieces and looked at the person in front.

Jinyoung.

The guy whom he loved.

The guy whom he hurt.

The guy whom he gave too much scars.

The guy whose smiles were very warm.

The guy whose eyes created crinkles in the edges every time he smiled.

The guy whom he missed the most.

"Jinyou..ng.." Mark managed to say.

Jinyoung was shocked himself. The moment Mark saw him, he panicked. He was afraid that maybe Mark had caught him eavesdropping or worse, think that he was following him (which is true). He tried to act normally and immediately walked past Mark.

'Do not follow me'. He kept chanting those words nonstop on his mind. And good thing, Mark did not follow him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter