Should I Be Forgiven?

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum, Youngjae, and Jinyoung went to the university together. The couple made sure to cheer Jinyoung up and distract him from the topic. On the other hand, Jinyoung told Jaebum that if ever Mark would ask where he is, his best friend must not tell anything about staying at them because right now, he doesn't want to face Mark. He's not ready. Jinyoung knew that he would definitely bump into Mark in the hallway or heck if ever they had the same schedule together, that's why he doesn't keep his guard down. He wants to avoid his boyfriend right now. For now, Jinyoung just enjoyed his friends' company.

Meanwhile, Mark was still in the apartment, brushing his teeth while styling his hair. He was in a hurry since he's already late for school. Thinking to himself, he realized that before he met Jinyoung, he wouldn't care if ever he's late or skipped a class. He always cared for his appearance since he was a playboy. And how much he can think about it, the younger did really change him for the better. For Mark, Jinyoung was the best thing he could ask for God and he was thankful for that. But right now, Jinyoung was not by his side and he missed the younger. Making up his mind while looking at the mirror as he put the toothbrush at the glass, he wished himself luck and convinced himself that he would talk to Jinyoung today even if the younger would just ignore him. He hurriedly went out from their shared apartment and as the elevator 'dinged', to his surprise, he saw a familiar face whose smile was plastered gleefully.

"Hey, Mark. I was about to visit on your apartment, and I see that you're already heading to the university." Jae looked at Mark from head to toe as if he was plastering it to his memory forever.

"What brings you here, Jae? Don't you have a class?" Mark asked curiously as he entered the elevator.

"Nah, I'm free for the whole morning. I was about to ask you if we could hang out. I was bored to death, Mark!" Jae sighed as he put both of his hands inside his pocket jeans.

"I have classes today. And I'm already late." Mark sighed.

"Oh. I'll just go with you to the university then. Since I have classes after lunch. I'll just go there early so that I can memorize the routes in the university." Jae chuckled.

"Okay. Good luck with your lack of directional sense." Mark laughed.

"Ya!" Jae pouted then laughed while punching Mark's upper arm playfully.

The two of them went to school together. The university was busy as always but Mark wanted to apologize to Jinyoung right away. He knew that the younger have a class right now so he decided to attend his class today.

Meanwhile, Yugyeom and BamBam just finished their classes in the morning. The two of them saw that Mark arrived with Jae at the university together. The youngsters were curious on why Mark was not with Jinyoung or vice versa. BamBam was about to call his hyung and ask but decided not to since he's too far and Jae keeps on making clumsy hand gestures, probably blabbing random things with Mark.

"Jae, I'll go now. I'm late for my class. Bye. See you."

"Wait Ma—" Mark didn't let Jae finish his statement and just went ahead quickly.

"Psh. That guy. Did he just ditch me?" Jae pouted then smirked afterwards. "Oh well." He hummed at himself as he went for a tour in the campus.

...

Hours had past and it was now Jinyoung's last period for today. Apparently, he bumped into BamBam awhile ago. The younger asked him if something was up. He just smiled it off saying he was alright. Then it was when BamBam asked him if he had a fight with Mark. BamBam sure was sharp. Jinyoung just sighed in defeat. Bam told him that he saw his Mark hyung with Jae coming together at the university and then asked Jinyoung if the fight involved Jae. Jinyoung's face became pathetic when he heard it from BamBam. He assured BamBam that the fight they had wasn't that big, although he was more like assuring it to himself. The Thai gave Jinyoung a warm hug and told the older that they are just there for him and he would help him out if the matter gets bigger. Jinyoung thanked the boy. Even if he was the hyung, BamBam just acted like one if situations like these happen. And he somehow felt shameful and embarrassed at the same time.

Jinyoung thanked the gods that he was not able to crash with Mark for the whole day. He decided to ease his mind a little bit so he went to the public library and read to his heart's content. He scanned a perfect book to read in the shelves and when he picked a book, he sat at the table on the very edge, which has a window whose outside can be seen.

He found himself reading a romantic novel where the lead guy, named Jousef is dating a girl named, Adelina. As Jinyoung read farther, Jousef's feelings for Adelina starts to fade and the guy would often ask for an advice to his best friend, Tamia. Jousef would do what Tamia adviced. But no matter what he did, his feelings for Adelina changed. He doesn't love her anymore. Jousef grew feelings for Tamia. Jousef doesn't want to hurt Adelina either, so he cheated. Tamia became his other woman. Everytime Adelina was busy, Jousef would find comfort and love in Tamia that Adelina wasn't able to fill it up.

As the story went farther, Jinyoung became so sick of the story. He was supposed to be reading mystery novels since it's his genre, but he picked this book instead. He wondered why. Maybe because the story kinda resembled his relationship with Mark right now. What if Mark did the same to him like what Jousef did to Adelina? He can't do that right? Mark wouldn't do that right?

He sighed and instead of clearing his mind off, he became more depressed. Thanks to that book. He looked at the book and shrugged as he put his head on top of it and gazed at the window where the outside can be seen. People were walking in the streets. Cars would often stop because the traffic lights. He wasn't able to notice the time. It was almost sunset but he doesn't care. He wanted to stay longer in here and besides, the smell of books were his favorite. He continued to space out when he suddenly his eyes became like plates as he saw two familiar guys walking on the street. Mark and Jae. What were they up to? He panicked, Mark won't see him since he's inside of the library right? But unfortunately, Mark faced at his direction. It seemed like Mark knew where he was no matter how far he was. He immediately went out of the library and ran at the opposite street where Mark wasn't heading to. Too bad. He was a slowpoke. Damn his life for being such an indoor boy that he was easily caught by a wolf.

"Where are you going?" Mark asked him, hands were gripping Jinyoung's wrist tightly.

"Let go, Mark. It hurts." Jinyoung squirmed. Mark loosened his grip to Jinyoung's hands.

"Face me, Jinyoungie." Mark said softly but in a demanding tone. Jinyoung was hesitant to face the older but he did so. He turned back and slowly raised his head to look at Mark directly. Jinyoung noticed that Jae was beside Mark and he remembered. Right. They were walking together awhile ago. He immediately yanked Mark's hands from him. Mark was not really shocked at his boyfriend's actions. Of course it was understandable that Jinyoung doesn't want him right now. But no matter what, he would apologize to Jinyoung right here, right now. He can't afford to lose the younger.

"Babe, listen. About yesterday—"

"Not now, Mark." Jinyoung answered sternly but this didn't made Mark give up just yet.

"I-I'm really sorry. I should've knew better. But trust me, we're really just friends. Right, Jae?" Mark reasoned out as he faced Jae who was smirking.

"Who knows." Jae replied as he laughed.

Is he mocking me? Jinyoung thought to himself.

"Jae!" Mark protested.

"I was just kidding. Listen, Jinyoungie, why don't you forgive Mark, hmm?" Jae patted Jinyoung's shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" Jinyoung stepped back. "So, why did you chase for me, Mark?" Jinyoung faced the older.

"I want to apologize. I was very stressed yesterday." Mark looked at Jinyoung apologetically.

"Apologize? With who? With me?" Jinyoung raises his eyebrows as he crossed his own hands. "I wasn't ready for your apology because I was afraid to face you awhile ago. I wanted us to be fine. As I was struggling to think on how I want to talk to you, I saw you walking with that bastard on the street. And worse, you came chasing after me and apologized with Jae beside you? What the , Mark. Are you out of your mind?"

"Ho-Hold on! Jae got nothing with this. He invited me to have a drink in the bar near here because he said it would help me clear my mind. I swear, babe. We weren't doing anything wrong." Mark reasoned out more but it just did worse. Mark gestured Jae to go inside of a fast food restaurant which the glasses guy obediently followed with a smirk on his face as he turned his back from the bickering couple.

"Are you ing serious? And here I thought you were sincere with your apology. Can you remember where our fight started? Do you really know the reason why am I angry? Do you really think about my feelings?" Jinyoung tried his best not to cry as he clenched his knuckles.

"That goes thee same for you, Jinyoung. You haven't thought about my feelings at all. it. You were not even listening to my reasons." Mark snapped. He was supposed to make up with his boyfriend but here he was, fighting with him again. It only made the matter worst.

"I told you, Mark! You being with Jae makes me uncomfortable! I can't stay at ease when you're with him. You think you're the only one suffering here? !" Jinyoung shakily yelled.

"Can't you be anymore reasonable?! You're too damn selfish! I also told you, right?! He. Is. Just. A. Friend. What's so suspicious with that?! Are you doubting me?!" Mark countered.

"I am selfish! Because I love you! I don't want you to be near Jae! I'm not doubting you! I seriously just doesn't trust that... that Chicken Little looking guy!" Jinyoung shouted.

"Since when did you become so ing selfish, Nyoung. I am your boyfriend. But you don't have the right to lock me out from my happiness. You are also my happiness. But you can't go on like that. Since when did I not allow you to hang out with Jaebum? Not in a single time right? So why can't you do the same to me? Hmm?"

"Jaebum is different!"

"See?! That's it, right? You don't like it if I told you to stay away from your friends right?"

"But trust me, Mark! I clearly knew that Jae was intending something. I don't have a proof but I can feel it! Just trust me! Why won't you?" Jinyoung looked at Mark with hot tears as he pound Mark's chest using his weak knuckles.

"It's not like I don't trust you. But this side of yours, is what I really hate. I guess I'm not the one who's in wrong here. I shouldn't have apologized."

"What do you mean, Mark?" Jinyoung sobbed.

"Give me a ing break, Jinyoung. I need to cool down my head first." Mark sighed and grabbed Jinyoung's hands and put them aside gently. He slowly walked away, leaving a sobbing Jinyoung on his knees.

That was it. It was over. For both of them. Jinyoung picked his own body while sobbing uncontrollably. He went to the narrow alley and leaned on the wall while clenching his broken heart. So this is how it feels to be broken. His can feel that his breathing was tightening but he doesn't care one bit. He crie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter