Douchebag

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 AM and Jinyoung was still asleep. He was so tired from crying that he overslept. And now, he was irritated on Jaebum for waking him up as loudly as possible. Jaebum nagged that he was gonna be late for his first period, thanks to his boyfriend who burnt the breakfast which made Youngjae apologize continuously.

"Jinyoung! We're gonna go first! I'm seriously 10 minutes late to my classes." Jaebum shouted to Jinyoung who was taking his bath. "Let's go, Youngjae-ah." Jinyoung heard.

Jinyoung sighed when he heard the footsteps were fading. He was now alone, and again, he was out of his world thinking of possible ways on how can he apologize to Mark later. The shower continued to pour down as he leaned on the tile walls of the bathroom, in deep thoughts.

"This is not right, Nyoung. You're gonna be late! Stop thinking about it for now." Jinyoung murmured at himself and turned off the shower as he stepped out of the bathroom wearing a robe. He rubbed his hair with a damp towel and headed to the kitchen where the couple left him an overcooked food made by Youngjae. Although the dish looked and tasted awful, he still ate it because he haven't ate ever since yesterday evening. So basically, he was starving. He ate the dish quickly, drank water, and immediately dressed himself up, ready to attend classes. He shoved his notebooks, books, and few ball pens inside his backpack and grabbed his phone and put it in his pocket, unable to notice the red light that indicated a text message. He hurriedly put his shoes on and locked his best friend's apartment as he left.

Meanwhile at the university, Mark arrived earlier than usual. He can't believe what he had done. This time, he knew that he messed up so bad. He thought of the possibilities on what Jinyoung would react if he saw the picture. 99.9% he would totally get mad or even break up with him and 0.1% is the possibility that Jinyoung won't believe the picture. Although the 0.1% is too small, he still clung at this small possibility that Jinyoung would believe him.

He waited at the classroom since they had the same schedule for the first class today. As he waited, the classroom became packed. The professor went in and started his class and there are no signs of his beloved Jinyoung. He tapped his table impatiently as he hid his phone at the bottom of the table, attempting to text Jinyoung. But as he was about to, they were startled when the door banged open.

"I-I'm sorry, professor. I overslept." Jinyoung huffed as he was trying to catch his breath. The professor looked at him from bottom to top. His collar was definitely crooked, shoelace was loose and his hair was a total mess. The professor secretly chuckled and closed the book as he tried to calm himself.

"Just go to your seat now. It is unusual for you, Mr. Park, to be late." The professor commented. "Oh, and fix yourself first. You look like a newly born duckling."

Jinyoung looked at his reflection on his phone and his eyes went wide. The class were laughing at their professor's comment and Jinyoung was embarrassed.

"Excuse me for a while!" He said as he went to the bathroom to tidy himself up.

After tidying up, he went inside the classroom quietly and searched for an empty seat. Luckily he found a seat near the window, which he liked. He immediately sat at the space and listened to the professor attentively. He did not even notice that Mark was sitting in front of him.

The older looked at him as if he was the one responsible for Jinyoung's tardiness. He was about to call out Jinyoung but hesitated since he knew that the younger hates him. He can't blame his bpyfriend right? He cheated. He had with someone. It's unforgivable. Even Jinyoung who had trusted him and thinks outside the box would not believe everything that he would explain to the younger because the picture was definitely true and Jae was definitely not lying about them having . The time when he woke up with Jae beside him was enough to conclude that they really did it. But even so, he would still explain it to Jinyoung. But what would he explain? He can't even remember what happened last night. Looking at the younger, it seemed like Jinyoung haven't saw the picture yet. Mark concluded that and called out Jinyoung.

"Jinyoungie." He whispered which made the younger shocked.

He can't believe that Mark would talk to him first. , he didn't even know that his boyfriend was sitting in front of him. And another , he totally forgot that they had the same class today. He face palmed and sighed. But no matter how angry he was at Mark, he loves the douche and he decided to listen at his boyfriend's explanation and he would later apologize for yelling at him.

"What is it, Mark?" Jinyoung asked in a soft tone. Mark was right. Jinyoung haven't seen the picture yet. But as he looked at his boyfriend's innocent face, Mark was shooked and guilt was running through his veins, as if it was his blood.

"Can we, u-uhmm, ta-ta-talk later?" Mark startled at his words.

"Okay. We'll talk after this." Jinyoung smiled which made Mark more guilty.

First class was over, Mark and Jinyoung went to spacious field with no other people but the both of them.

"Wow Mark! How come you knew this place?" Jinyoung was totally in bewilderment. He haven't seen this place, or actually, he didn't knew that there was a place like this in the campus. He totally loves it. The place is quiet and only the gusting of leaves could be heard. Maybe he would read here sometime.

"I found this when I had my first fight with Jackson. The guy was totally scary when he's angry. I thought our friendship would end there but this place helped me think positively." Mark smiled.

"I love this place, Mark." Jinyoung said smiling back.

"Re-Really?" Mark stuttered. Jinyoung went closer to him and was about to hug Mark when his phone suddenly vibrated.

"I-I'll answer this." Jinyoung said apologetically and answered the call.

"Ya! Park Jinyoung! Where are you? Youngjae and I were waiting at the cafeteria when the loudest couple joined us in and I cannot control their hyena laughter! It's a mess here! Youngjae would even play along with their sick jokes! It seems like I'm the only sane person here. Come here. Right. Now." Jaebum said which made the younger chuckle.

"It must be hard. I'll come if I can. But right now, I'm with Mark." Jinyoung said which made Jaebum stand and startled everyone on the table.

"What did you say?!" Jinyoung heard from the other line with a 'are you fine hyung?' and 'you did not startle me, Jaebum!' which made Jinyoung laugh more and looked at Mark gesturing to wait as Mark nodded.

"I told you, right? That I would talk to him. I'll go now, bye." Jinyoung said and ended the call, not even waiting for Jaebum's response.

"Wai—" Jaebum heard the beeping of the phone. "That punk, really." Jaebum smiled while looking at his phone.

"Who were you talking to, hyung? Was it Jinyoungie-hyung?" BamBam asked while sipping his soda.

"What is it this time?" Jackson asked.

"They somehow fought. Mark-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung that is." Youngjae said as he dipped his fries into his sundae.

"AGAIN?! How come I did not know about this?! Mark had been so distant with me." Jackson said as he fake teared and hugged BamBam. "Good thing Kunpimook and I are a lovey-dovey couple."

"Ew. Can you stop?" BamBam rolled his eyes which made the Chinese pout. Jaebum sighed in despair as his boyfriend just laughed while clapping like a seal.

Seriously, Jaebum had enough and just wished Jinyoung luck.

Back at Jinyoung, as he was about to shove his phone inside his pocket, he noticed that he had one unread message. He wondered how he was not able to read it. He looked at he message and it was said it was received in the middle of the night and was from an unknown number. No wonder he wasn't able to read it. He looked at the content of the message and suddenly, his heart felt like it was about to break.

"Heya, look who was so right now. ;)

-Jae."

He then scrolled down and looked at the photo and it horrified him. It was Mark and Jae kissing deeply. And no matter how he flipped or look at the photo, it was definitely Mark who initiated the kiss.

Mark noticed that Jinyoung's energy suddenly dropped and the silence was killing him. He decided to come closer at Jinyoung and tapped the younger's shoulder.

"Jinyoungie, are you alright?" He said.

"...So, that's it, huh. I'm such a fool." Jinyoung laughed hysterically.

"What are you saying?" He grabbed Jinyoung's hand and made the younger look at him.

"You really are good at pretending, huh. And not just that. You're also good at deceiving people. I guess you can even get a trophy if it was a Grammy." Jinyoung said as he hid his eyes to his bangs.

"What do you mean, Nyoung? I-I don't understand."

"'What do you mean?!' Stop pretending! You know what I'm referring!" Jinyoung shouted. Good thing they were alone in this spacious place.

Mark looked at his boyfriend confusingly and finally got the verge of where Jinyoung's anger began.

"Nyoung, you've got it all—"

"Don't tell me that! How could I get it all wrong when there's evidence right here? Why can't you just tell the truth, you son of a !"

"I'm telling the truth! I would never cheat on you!"

"Well, you just did. Last night." Jinyoung finally broke down and cried.

"I'm s-sorry. But I tell you. I didn't even know what happened yesterday.. I-I was totally drunk. I can't remember anything that happened last night..." Mark explained and was also crying.

"You can't remember? Oh, then you must've been so drunk and that you had with your very great friend."

"I-It's not like that! I should've listened to you, Nyoung..." Mark tried to touch Jinyoung's cheeks but the younger averted it.

"It's too late to realize that, Tuan."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry?! You think a sorry would be enough to fix this?! For 's sake, Mark! You cheated! You had with other guy. It was not me! How dare you say sorry to my face? Have you no shame?!"

"I don't have shame! I don't have shame.. I know that I hurt you. But I swear, I did not cheat. It was Jae who plotted all this!"

"Oh? Then was it also Jae who plotted your initiated kiss to him? Are you out of your mind? Can't you give me more reasonable excuse because you just it up. You're a liar."

"Nyoung, just believe in me."

"How could I ever believe that mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter