Shall We Take A Vow?

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark and Jinyoung's relationship became stronger throughout their 6 years of dating. Mark, along the way, made his own success and had his own company. Jinyoung became a famous writer throughout Seoul. He was about to give up when his first book that was published wasn't successful but Mark kept on spilling encouraging words to Jinyoung and that made him what he is today.

Although Mark's time at work made him see Jinyoung's face less, they know that they still love each other and he's happy enough to find Jinyoung's sleeping figure beside him every time he wakes up. Both of them was living in the same house. With Mark being successful and same as Jinyoung, they were able to buy a house and lot with their own money. Jinyoung most of time, stayed at home to write his novel while Mark was staying up all night in his company 24/7.

Mark, who was sitting in his leather chair, looked at the view at the window and called Jaebum. After few rings, the latter answered.

"What do you want hyung?" Jaebum said along the line.

"Do you know what day is tomorrow?" Mark asked the latter while smiling.

"Uh, I don't know?" Jaebum said in confusion. Mark rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue.

"Actually, it will be Jinyoung's and I 7th anniversary."

"Oh, really? Congrats then." Jaebum answered. Mark can clearly hear that Jaebum had been flipping pages through the phone.

"Thanks bro. But that's not what I'm trying to convey." Mark told the other as his coffee which he had asked his secretary to make was put in his table and gestured the man a thank you. Jaebum hummed as an answer as Mark sighed.

"I know that you're busy being a producer and all, but I have to ask a favor." Mark paused, "Can you help me prank Jinyoung?"

Mark heard the latter stopped scanning those pages which he hunched to be a new song and heard a screeching noise of the chair. "What are you plotting hyung?" Jaebum asked as he put his eyeglasses at the table making it to clatter clumsily.

"I want to propose to Jinyoung tomorrow. But I want to have a little twist in it." Mark confessed.

"Wow. That's big news hyung. I'm sure Jinyoung would be delighted and cry his out. Finally, you decided to propose. We've been waiting for this hyung. So, I'm in. What's the prank about?" Jaebum asked with curiosity.

"Make Jinyoung feel that I have someone else beside me." Mark smirked.

Jaebum sighed at his chair deeply as soon as the phone call ended. He knew how silly can Mark pranks get and at the time Jackson went back to China, he was like the proxy at Jackson's place when Mark wanted to pull pranks on their friends or most of the time, to Jinyoung. Ever since  the elder retired as being a boy, he became a teasing monster (as Youngjae would address Mark). Mark also mentioned to Jaebum that he would pick up Jackson at the airport today.

"Aish, why can't he just ask Jackson to help him? How am I supposed to do this?" Jaebum ruffled his hair in annoyance and dialed his boyfriend's number. 

Meanwhile, Mark was excited to see his best bud today. He was eating a burrito when he saw Jackson who was coming out of the arrival area. Mark took the last bite and before he could even swallow it, Jackson jumped into him as his luggage was long forgotten.

"Markiepooh, I missed you!!" Jackson shouted at Mark's ears as he gave his best friend light kisses on the cheeks. People around them were giving them weird stares which made Mark conscious. Jackson finally let go of Mark who was now fixing his wrinkled shirt.

"Jackson, you never change." Mark said as they had their iconic fist bump. Honestly, Jackson could just do this instead of having a scene.

"Yeah, except that Kunpimook's not my side anymore." Jackson sighed as he remembered his sad breakup with BamBam. Mark noticed Jackson's sudden change of emotion but Jackson defeated Mark to further discuss about it when he changed the subject.

"Where's Jinyoung?" Jackson said as he strolled his bag where Mark's car is.

"He's working in the house. He's very busy nowadays, he had a deadline to meet." Mark said as he unlocked his car trunk and helped Jackson put his luggage.

"You look tired Mark. Are you taking care of yourself well?" Jackson said.

"Nah I'm fine dude. Don't act like my Mom or Jinyoung." Mark chuckled as he started the car's engine. "How's Hong Kong?"

"I felt fresh after staying there. I realized that I really missed my parents. I even cried when I saw them the day I arrived at China. But as times flew by, I kinda felt lonely without Bam beside me." Jackson sighed. "Aish, why did we even break up?"

Mark quickly glanced at his best friend and said, "It's okay man. I'm sure BamBam had a lot on his plate when he broke up with you. Trust me dude. He's way more hurt than you."

"I don't know man. I still love Kunpimook so much. It drives me nuts. Where are we going anyway?" Jackson asked his best friend.

"At Bam's restaurant. We made reservation there. We'll have a welcome home party." Mark grinned.

"What the Mark! Are you serious?! I can't go in there. I'm scared to meet Kunpimook. I don't know what to say! He doesn't even know that I'm coming back today. I just came here and you will immediately torture me? " Jackson asked in disbelief.

"Relax, Bam knew that you're coming back today. Everyone would be there." Mark smiled at Jackson sweetly, enjoying the look at the younger which was painted on his face right now.

"By the way, I'm proposing to Jinyoung tomorrow. Would you help me?" Mark glanced at Jackson who currently looked like a grumpy puppy but soon changed as his eyes started to shimmer.

"Mark! Yah~ What's the plan all about?" Jackson asked excitedly as he looked at Mark with his shimmering eyes. Mark explained his plan and also told that everyone knew about it because he asked Jaebum to spread the word.

"Are you sure about that? I mean Jinyoung's pretty sensitive. I can't watch my dongsaeng cry because of your stupid 'lil pranks." Jackson said with sincerity.

"Aye~ Are you becoming like our Ahjussi Jaebum? I just want to make this event memorable for us. Come on dude. You're no fun." Mark smirked.

"Okay, I'm in. But it won't be our fault if Jinyoung would leave you." Jackson said jokingly.

"Whatever, just prepare your speech later in case you'll talk with BamBam." Mark reminded his best friend whose mood became conflicted again.

As soon as the duo arrived at the dim restaurant which BamBam closed to have their private party, the lights immediately went on and Jackson can see the "Welcome Back, Jackson!" at the mini stage where the orchestra used to play fancy music. Jackson screamed when he heard party poppers being popped and his friends came out at the back. Jackson was shocked when he saw BamBam holding the cake and handed it to Jackson with a smile. Jackson accepted the cake from BamBam shyly and everyone shouted a "welcome back!" to him. The party started when Jackson blew the candle which was on top of the cake.

Throughout the party, Mark signaled Jaebum to do something about Jinyoung. Jaebum whispered something to Youngjae making the younger to smile at him and nodded as Jaebum went to Jinyoung's side who was currently talking to Jackson.

Mark hadn't talked to Jinyoung since he arrived at the restaurant. He wanted to Jinyoung to feel that he was purposely avoiding him.

"Yah Im Jaebum!" Jackson shouted at the latter who was approaching them. Jinyoung waved at Jaebum and handed his wine glass which the elder accepted. Jinyoung didn't seem to bother that Mark hadn't talked nor greeted him when he came here. 

"As I told you, you need to talk to BamBam. I bet Mark hyung is also encouraging your precious princess to talk to you too." Jinyoung pointed at Mark and BamBam's direction who was currently talking.

"Okay! I'll talk to him." Jackson said as he tried to get his courage up all together as he awkwardly walked towards BamBam's direction. Jinyoung smiled when he looked at the old couple who was getting out of the restaurant to talk.

"How's your relationship with Mark recently?" Jaebum asked the younger who looked at him with smile still plastered on.

"We're doing fine. He's always at work late and I can't help but worry." Jinyoung sighed as he leaned his back to the chair.

"Jinyoung, I don't know if I'm wrong, but I saw Mark with a girl yesterday." Jaebum said sternly, serious aura was oozing in his body.

Jinyoung laughed awkwardly and tried to act calm. "It's not new Jaebum. I mean Mark can meet his client outside, right?"

"Jinyoung. No, you got it wrong. I happen to see them walking inside the bar together. Youngjae and I happened to bumped into Mark that day and Youngjae even called his name but he looked our direction very quick and acted like he didn't see us." Jaebum sighed, "I don't know Nyoung. Maybe I just got the wrong idea."

Jinyoung just smiled at Jaebum, trying so hard to hide his forming anger and tears and said, "I'll talk this out with Mark. Thank you for telling me."

After realizing that BamBam and Jackson did not come back, the group decided to just wrap it up and part their ways. After all, the star of the party was nowhere to be found. Yugyeom's girlfriend or should we say BamBam's sister, closed the restaurant because his sassy brother did not come back.

Mark's ride with Jinyoung was silent and he knew what was bothering his lover. He really thanked Jaebum's acting skills in times like this.

"Jinyoung," Mark paused as he glanced at his partner who was blankly staring at the window. "I have something to tell you tomorrow." Mark said seriously which made Jinyoung scared.

"Why can't you just tell me now?" He asked in an unusual tone.

"I can't... Not right now." Mark said stubbornly as he sighed deeply. Mark noticed how Jinyoung tried to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter