Summer Vacation

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a month since Jinyoung and Mark made up and it is now summer. Mark's family went back to Los Angeles and luckily, they approved of Mark staying in Korea. The Tuans gladly accepted Jinyoung as Mark's boyfriend. Sometimes, Mark's family would talk to the couple via Skype. As the video call came often, Jinyoung became comfortable of calling Mark's parents as Mom and Dad. 

Mark was also accepted by Jinyoung's parents. Unlike him, Jinyoung's parents knew that their son was gay. The Park household warmly welcomed Mark to their family. At first, Mark was flustered and nervous to meet Jinyoung's parents. The thought of not accepting him as Jinyoung's lover terrified him. What made him more terrified were the stares of Jinyoung's dad to him, it was intimidating. But by the end of the meeting, Mark became close to Jinyoung's dad and sometimes they would go out to hang out for they share almost the same hobby. Jinyoung was glad knowing that his boyfriend and dad are on good terms. Jinyoung would not expect it on his dad the most because it was always his father who would push him to marry a girl. So when his dad accepted Mark, he was more than happy.

Jinyoung was packing lunch in the kitchen while Mark was busy playing on his phone at the living room. Apparently, the couple received an invitation from Jackson saying that the Chinese wanted to hang out on the beach.

"Jinyoung-ah!" Mark called his name quite excitedly and ran at the kitchen like a kid. Jinyoung looked at his adorable boyfriend while he packed the kimbap, good for everyone to eat.

Jinyoung was shocked when Mark pulled him and hugged him tightly, leaving the kimbap in the counter as he carried Jinyoung on his arms and kissed his lover. Jinyoung chuckled at Mark's behavior and asked, "What is it, Mark?" 

"I got accepted at the company I applied into!" Mark happily announced as Jinyoung's wrinkled eyes became wide like plates.

"Oh my gosh hyung! That's great!" Jinyoung was very happy at his boyfriend's announcement. He knew that Mark was struggling to find a job and sometimes, he can often see his lover stressing about it on mid nights, which he kept quiet about. Jinyoung was bothered at it, he knew that the elder needed him, so he reminded Mark that he's always there for him as much as he wanted to comfort Mark about the job hunting. But finally, Mark got a job and he knew how much it meant to the elder.

Jinyoung pecked his lover's lips as Mark put Jinyoung down. As they parted, Jinyoung looked straight at Mark's eyes.

"I'm so happy for you, hyung. Congratulations." He said with sincerity.

"Thank you, babe." Mark mirrored Jinyoung's eye smile as he finally kissed Jinyoung for the last time.

"We need to go Nyoung or else Jackson would nag at us again." Mark smiled at him as he helped Jinyoung to pack other foods that the younger prepared. "This is a lot." He commented at the amount of food but nevertheless, put it in the basket.

"Of course hyung. It's not even enough for you and Jaebum." Jinyoung commented which earned a chuckle from Mark. 

"Right."

The couple arrived at the beach later. Jaebum waved at them who was sitting at the sand with glasses and trunks on while sipping his drink casually as he enjoyed the summer vibe. Mark could see the others were already at it, splashing waters.

"You're late." Jaebum told the couple.

"Sorry, traffic jam." Mark stated while putting the lunch basket beside the belongings of the others. He can see that Jinyoung was already stripping his pants and white shirt, leaving only his trunks. Mark chuckled at his boyfriend's behavior who was now running towards his friends, ready for action.

"You're not gonna join them?" Jaebum asked Mark as the latter took his seat beside Jaebum.

"Later. I want to rest for a bit. You can join them if you want. I will be in charge of looking out our bags." Mark offered.

"Nah. I'd rather stay here than Jackson splashing water at me violently." Jaebum replied which caused Mark to chuckle.

"What are they doing?" BamBam asked as he pointed the direction where Mark and Jaebum sat on.

"Chilling, duh. Isn't that obvious, Bam." Yugyeom answered him sarcastically which earned a splash from the Thai.

"I know but the beach is known for enjoying the water under the sun, man." BamBam retorted.

"I bet they are too tired because they are old." Yugyeom answered, causing Jackson and Youngjae to laugh hard as the others joined them too.

"They look so noisy." Mark observed the youngsters.

"Just let them, hyung. They look like a group of babies who are in their day out." He commented.

"Just how sappy can your jokes get, Jaebum?" Mark laughed which caused Jaebum to click his tongue but chuckled as well.

After playing at the sea, Jinyoung was the first one to come back. Apparently, the younger was hungry.

"And you told me it's not enough for me and Jaebum." Mark said as he handed Jinyoung other set of food.

"I can't help it hyung. I was hungry!" Jinyoung exclaimed as he gobbled the serving while Mark dried Jinyoung's hair with a towel.

"Eat well, I'll call the others." Mark smiled and gave Jinyoung a quick peck on the cheek.

The group ate the lunch which Jinyoung and Mark brought. As soon as they finished eating, BamBam and Jackson started running at the sea again. Yugyeom offered that he will be the look out of the bags as he allowed his hyungs to swim with the carefree couple.

The couple scattered at the sea to have their own sweet time. Yugyeom looked at them and sighed. As soon as his eyes were on Jackson and BamBam, he saw that the two were kissing.

"Ew!!!" He shouted, but the couple were too occupied in their own bubble to not hear Yugyeom's unapproved voice. Yugeyom decided to ignore the public display of affection the couple was giving and lay his body on the white sand as he closed his eyes.

On the other side, Mark and Jinyoung went to a nearby island and stayed there. Jinyoung saw how Jackson shamelessly kissed BamBam in the middle of the sea. 

"How bold can they get." Jinyoung said as he smiled at the couple who was in his view. Jinyoung saw his partner was already laying in the sand. Mark smiled at his direction and gestured Jinyoung to lay on his chest. The younger gladly accepted as he happily listened to Mark's heartbeat.

"This is so relaxing." Jinyoung commented as he snuggled closer to Mark. The elder hummed back in response.

"Jinyoung." Mark called his name which made the younger to look at Mark.

Mark kissed the younger's forehead. Confused, Jinyoung looked at his lover but smiled at the simple gesture anyway.

"What was that for, Mark?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just love you so much." He calmly replied. Jinyoung pretended not to hear his boyfriend's remark.

"What? I didn't hear you." Jinyoung teased. Mark sighed as he felt defeated.

"Like I said, I love you." Mark repeated. Jinyoung sat up as he gestured Mark's head to lie down on his lap. The elder obliged as he scooted his head on Jinyoung's lap. Jinyoung caressed Mark's wet hair strands and slowly leaned in and kissed Mark's plump lips.

"I love you too, hyung. So much." He replied not later on. "But that came out of nowhere." He adorably chuckled.

"It just came out of my mind just now. Why? Is it bad?" Mark questioned.

"No! I think it's so unlike of you." Jinyoung stated as he pinched Mark's cheeks in which Mark kinda pouted along the way.

"It's just that, I'm so lucky to have you, babe. You don't know how happy I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter