New Life

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The truth is.. I made a bet.. with Jackson.. using you as our bait..." Mark finally said as his boyfriend's face was priceless.

"W-what did you say? You're k-kidding r-right?" Jinyoung said as tears threaten to fall from his eyes. He was shaking.

"Jinyoungie.." Mark uttered his name.

"T-tell me Mark. You're kidding right?" he asked again, face painted with disbelief.

"Baby, don't cry.. Let me explain.." Mark said again as he also, was on the verge of crying. Jinyoung didn't say a single word, and Mark considered it as a sign for him to continue.

"It was when I saw you at the bar. Jackson got bored.. We o-often made b-bets. And it happens that y-you were t-there.. Jackson insisted that he'll give m-me 20 b-bucks... If I c-can make you fall in lo-love with me within three weeks.." Mark paused and looked at Jinyoung. His boyfriend was crying. He hugged Jinyoung tightly and cried.

"I'm s-so sorry, Jinyoung-ah..." Mark sobbed in Jinyoung's shoulders. But the younger was trying to get out of Mark's hug. He was weak. He doesn't have enough strength to push Mark away. He pound Mark's chest softly.

"W-why? So, all of it was a lie? The truth is y-you don't love me. I was a fool for believing you..." Jinyoung said between sobs.

"No, It's not that Jinyoung. I really do love you.. You knew yourself that what you said wasn't true." Mark said as he broke their hug and tries to look at Jinyoung with his wet but sincere eyes, but the younger averted his gaze.

"Please.. Jinyoungiee.. Look at me." He said. Jinyoung looked at Mark with hatred.

"What? Go and get your 20 bucks to Jackson. You won right? What are you still doing here? You know what? I thought that you really love me. But I forgot that you're a boy." He said as tears continued to fall.

"Jinyoung-ah.. Don't be like that.. I told you the truth because I love you. I don't want you to suffer further. I really am sorry... What you said was half true. Sure, I am a boy. But I didn't love you because of the bet.. I love you because you're you.. I am not happy that I won the bet.. I am happy because you are here.. By my side.. Please.. Don't be like this.. I don't want to lose you.." Mark said, hugging the younger so tight.

"I... I d-don't know Mark.. I don't know what to believe... I love you.. But you've hurt me so much.. I trusted you.. I thought we were fine... I can't do this.." Jinyoung said, damping Mark's clothes with tears.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I love you.. Don't leave me.. I can't do this on my own.. Please..." Mark continued to chant sorry's as if that was the only word he knew.

"How can I trust your words when that lip of yours lied to me once?" Jinyoung said.

"I lied because I was nervous that you'll leave me. But I told you the truth because I don't want you to leave me. I told you the truth because I want you to trust me.. I told you the truth because I love you and I want to treasure you dearly..." Mark said, words filled with sincerity.

"I can't afford to lose you too because I love you so much... Just pr-promise me one thing Mark..." Jinyoung said between hiccups as he looked at his boyfriend, ball of tears was still streaming down on his face. "Don't lie to me again. I know that you love me.. But don't lie to me ever again.. Promise me that.."

"I promise.. I love you Jinyoungie.. Thank you for understanding me.. I know I was a bad boyfriend, but this time, I want to be a proper boyfriend to you.. So, can I ask you again? Can you be my boyfriend, Park Jinyoung?" Mark said.

"Don't be a boy who bets on someone. I know that this was my lesson and I learned from it. And I guess you too." Jinyoung said as he bumped his forehead on his lover. "First fight, and it was like this, huh?" He giggled while wiping his tears as he calmed himself down.

"I'm really sorry Jinyoungie.. I promise you to love you dearly and I won't lie to you anymore." Mark said, smiling.

"Silly. boy will always be a boy." Jinyoung said as he kissed Mark's lips and Mark gladly kissed him back as his hands slipped on Jinyoung's waist. Jinyoung deepened the kiss. They were longing for each other as if they fell in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter