Holidays~

#goalz

Haven't posted in a while. Not gonna lie, stress from school has caused me to stop exercising -_- but i'm dancing again so I will count that XD I'm also having trouble eating healthy cuz school lunch, so i don't usually eat lunch, but I have a cooking class every other day so I still eat sometimes XD

 

ANYWAYS The holidays are coming up!! But how can you avoid gaining a lot of weight?

Well, you can either a) not care or b) follow these tips! lol I'll try to follow these tips too so that I can still get those abs I want 

I've collected these tips from a few websites, so don't worry I'm not giving false tips from the top of my head XD

- Don't arrive to the party starving. If you do, you will be tempted to eat EVERYTHING so eat a snack before going.

- Don't go just for food. I know... it's so sad. Food is like THE event in my opinion, but remember, the holidays are about spending time with your family and finding things in your life to be grateful for. So instead of just eating cuz you're bored, DO something! Play some games and have conversations!! This will take your mind off your food and you will also focus on more important things.

- Eat slowly. It takes your body a while to realize that it's full. So chew slowly, and put your fork down between each bite. This also prevents you from swallowing air, which will make you bloated.

- Don't stack the plate. I'm... guilty of this XD Don't stack your plate. Instead, get a smaller plate (not a saucer, though, you want to eat) and fit only the amount of food this plate will limit you to.  And don't go for seconds right away!!

- Limit the sweets. Dessert is good, but it's more special if you savor it. Get a small portion and make it last!! It's not the meal, so you shouldn't be eating so much of it. Or bring your own dessert, with a lower calorie, less fattening option. You can even eat fruit (i know you won't do that though xD)

- If you are cooking, don't taste so much. Since I like to cook, I know tasting is very important, but you shouldn't be eating half the meal before it's finished! like my friend xD Limit the tasting, only when it's needed. Not just cuz it smells good, but to check the seasoning, make sure people will like it. 

- Walk? You could walk with your family... but it's kind of cold for that, right? Unless you live in Cali, I guess lol, go on a walk.

- Protein is important! Protein is the most filling, metabolism boosting food group you could eat! There will be lots of bread and carbs so tempting but make sure to keep your eyes on the beans and meat!! And of course, the vegetables and fiber :P

- Limit your trips. don't eat twenty zillion times! It's just not healthy lol. If anything, only get seconds. Your third plate can be your take home plate, don't just keep eating.

- Drink mostly water. Since I don't drink soda often, I drink it on special occasions, but it's still a good idea to drink mostly water, even if you don't drink sugary beverages everyday. you'll probably feel better anyways.

 

That's all I'll have, I hope this guide helps!! Just remember to have self control! 

 

Happy holidays!!