S Line??? And other Korean body types

#goalz

This chapter is only for anyone who is curious about the S line or other korean body types. If you don't care for it, skip this chapter. The S line is the most desired body type in Korea, but you don't have to feel obligated to look this way by any means.

 

Anyways, what is an S line? Basically, it's a body type where you basically are shaped like an S. The top of the S is the , and the bottom is the . The closest American component is the hourglass figure, but the two are slightly different.

 

s-line_body.jpg

This is the S Line. The figure is seen from the side. It was first made popular in the early 1900s I believe, when a "healthier" corset was created that prevented fainting, miscarraiges, etc. The look is characterised by a flat stomach, full s and (more like "apple hips") Uee is very popular for achieving this "ideal" S line, as well as her honey thighs.

 

Hourglass-Shaped-Body.jpg

This is the hourglass look. Basically one is shaped like an hourglass. It is characterised by full s and wide hips connected by a tiny waist. It's not as desired in SKorea as it is in America. Marilyn Monroe, Beyonce, and Kim Kardashian are idols for people who wish to achieve this look. Although they are not as popular, the 8 line is a similar look to an hourglass, or the US line, which is basically described as the body type desired in the US.

 

I don't know why the S line and hourglass type are considered similar, since the more I read about it, the more they seem different. The S line puts and emphasis on being thin, while also having curves. There is not much emphasis on the tiny waist. The hourglass look has more emphasis on having a small waist, yet, most don't stress the need to be thin. It's more about ratio. A woman may not have such a tiny waist as Mina from AOA, but as long as she have curves, she has the look.

Another body type growing more popularity is the X line, which characterises long arms and legs connected by a tiny waist. Also, the popular V line characterises the V shaped face.

Why does any of this matter?

Well, it doesn't. It's just for anyone who is curious. Whether you care about having an S line or not doesn't bother me. Whether you care about American or Korean stereotypes won't bother me. Actually, I'm kinda doing this for myself. I like to talk about things I learn lol

Anyhow, if anyone is curious for whatever reason, the body type I hope to achieve is somewhat between an hourglass/8 line and an S line. I realized last month I want to gain more weight, yet people tell me I'm so lucky that I am naturally thin. Therefore, I want to create more curves while also keeping a small frame. Because I'll get thicker when I'm older anyways XD I'm just a little tired of looking like a straight line lol.

Anyways I start school tomorrow, which means I'm going back on the banana diet. It's the best diet ever, in my opinion XD I love bananas, and they improve bowel moevement, so if you have stomach aches a lot, eat bananas. Anyways, I'll talk more about that later.

Have a good day, God bless ^^