How to begin

#goalz

You may think you can just jump into it, but you might need to make plans first. Otherwise, you might mess up. Make a plan!

Here are some things you might want to include when beginning a diet:

  • What is my goal? Are you doing it to enhance features? Lose or gain weight? Relieve stress and have fun? Whatever the goal is, you have to have one in mind, or it may be easier to want to give up.
  • Is this healthy? You have to stay healthy! When losing weight, make sure to eat!! Your goal should never be to look like a skeleton. It's scary, unattractive, and it's depressing for everyone around you. If your goal is to gain weight, even if you are planning to eat more, try to gain more muscle too, in order to prevent from being overfat. Even if you look thin, having too much fat is a risk for people who don't live a healthy lifestyle.
  • What shall I eat? Some people go vegan, some people eat more meat. What is your goal? Do you want more protein, fat, vitamins? Whatever your needs and goals are need to be based on that.
  • What are the appropriate exercises? Educate yourself on the appropriate exercises for your goals, and do something that works for you. If you want to lose weight, a combination of cardio and weight training are a good idea. When trying to gain weight, an emphasis on weight training is a good idea. Yoga is a good choice for people who want to relax the body and mind while melting fat and gaining muscle. Do something you like and that will work.
  • Where is your inspiration? Some people use pictures of how they want to look, and others use pictures of the opposite. A model named Pikari used a picture of herself in her fattest period as inspiration to lose weight, whereas I use pictures of Sunny and think "I want to look like her." Some people decide to change after being told they are at risk for diabetes. Whatever inspired you to change your ways, use that to motivate you!

Good luck! Let's do this!