A Thousand Surprises

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung holds a yo-yo in his hand, throwing it in hopes it would boomerang back up. When it doesn’t, he grumbles and crumbles the string in his hand. He huffs at it.

 

“How you can play with such a childish toy is beyond me.”

 

Yugyeom, who walks beside him, rolls his eyes. “You’re just saying that because you at it. Anyway, if you hate it so much, why did you take it from me?”

 

His silence is more than enough for Yugyeom to make a bizarre conclusion. “Hah! Is it because you’re turning twenty-eight this year? A toy like a yo-yo won’t bring your youth back, my friend.”

 

The words make Jinyoung snap and swing an arm around Yugyeom’s neck. “Don’t call me friend, I’m your Hyung you brat. And I’m still young. I’m not nearing thirty like Mark is.”

 

The shade on Mark makes Yugyeom laugh. Jinyoung eventually lightens up and laughs with him, taking away his arm. “Anyway, we’re not going to Bambam’s place to fight, are we.”

 

“Nope,” Yugyeom agrees, readjusting the bag on his shoulder for emphasis. “It’s to give him all the he left behind at the dorm.”

 

Jinyoung nods. Though he doesn’t live at the dorm anymore either, he still comes back here and there. “Every time I swing by your place, the amount of mess that you guys leave uncleaned is just… ew. Bambam’s gotta take responsibility by at least taking all of his things to his apartment.”

 

The team’s mom indeed, Yugyeom thinks to himself. The boys reach Bambam’s building, and Jinyoung finds his bell and rings it.

 

“Who is it?” Bambam’s voice rings through the box above the doorbells.

 

“We’re here to beat you up!” Yugyeom mindlessly calls, with Bambam’s laugh as a response when he recognizes Yugyeom’s voice.

 

“Hah, try me. Okay, wait I’ll buzz you in.” Bambam’s voice disappears. Not before long, Jinyoung and Yugyeom are in the building and climbing the steps to his apartment.

 

“He doesn’t invite us here enough,” Jinyoung comments as he knocks on Bambam’s door. “It’s so nice here.”

 

“Right? It’s so much better than your apartm—ow!” Yugyeom gets a punch from Jinyoung before he can finish his sentence.

 

Bambam opens his door. “Hey, come on in!”

 

“We’re not coming in, we’ve gotta head to Jackson’s apartment after this,” Jinyoung explains, pointing to the bag on his shoulder with the things Jackson left behind when he moved out. “But we’re here to give you some of the crap you left behind.”

 

Bambam almost cringes when Yugyeom drops the huge bag on his doorstep. “Yikes. That’s a lot of crap.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t blame you for purposefully leaving it behind.”

 

“Purposefully! How dare you,” Bambam gasps, then loosens his expression when Jinyoung raises an eyebrow. “Yeah, I left them behind on purpose.”

 

Yugyeom puts one foot in his apartment, still staying on the edge of the entrance. He admires the house. “You really chose a nice place.”

 

Jinyoung nods. “Wouldn’t be surprised if you get babes on the regular in here.”

 

“Don’t ever say babes, Hyung, it doesn’t suit your age,” Yugyeom comments, earning himself a pinch on the arm.

 

The pinch makes Yugyeom wince in pain, earning laughter from the other boys. But when Yugyeom suddenly stops the act, the others stop laughing too. “What is it, Gyeom?” they’d ask with no response.

 

Jinyoung gets irritated and pushes him lightly to see what in the world his little brother is staring at. He looks in the same direction as Yugyeom, and when he does, he gapes just as the first did. What in the world, Bambam thinks, and looks in that direction as well.

 

What they see is Jimin casually eating breakfast in Bambam’s apartment. But what they find is Jimin wearing nothing but Bambam’s button-up shirt.

 

The two guests slowly turn to Bambam. Jinyoung quickly recomposes himself and stands upright, pulling Yugyeom up with him. Bambam’s still confused as to why they’re in shock, and they’re not exactly enlightening him.

 

Looks like they won’t enlighten him, either. Jinyoung begins walking backwards, Yugyeom imitating his actions. ”Well, it was good seeing your apartment again. See you later for our Arirang radio schedule, okay? Bye!”

 

Jinyoung rushes down the stairs. Weird. He hasn’t seen him that flustered since the time he walked in on Youngjae making out with a girl two years ago. Yugyeom gives Bambam raised eyebrows before he leaves, ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter