A Long Drive

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Voila!” the self-proclaimed fashionista proclaims. “My new crib.”

 

Kunpimook (preferably nicknamed as Bambam) opens his arms wide and dramatically to reveal the space. The twenty-five year old idol really set his new apartment uniquely. The walls are whiter than he polishes his teeth, contrasting the crazy animal prints on his furniture. Paintings that he obviously chose randomly hang on each wall. Surely the design would get mixed reception, but no doubt that everything in his new home screams Bambam.

 

On top of the eye catching design is the fact that the tables are set up in party snacks and some wine. He decided, being as fancy as he is, that a housewarming party is the best way to start up his new home. Bambam is the third of the GOT7 members to have moved out of his dorm; following Jackson and Jinyoung. And his good friend Jimin (a.k.a. Jamie) is the first person to step in his final furnishment.

 

“Well, it’s damn nice,” Jimin nods in appreciation. “What time does the party start?”

 

“We’ve got a few minutes before more people come,” he answers, spinning around the room as if it were the first time he saw it. He frowns when Jimin plops backwards on his couch.

 

Bambam pulls her back up, gripping her wrist tightly enough for her to let out a groan. “Jimin, you can’t sit down now! I have to show you the other rooms!”

 

“Hey…!” she whines, “Your place was so far to drive from mine, I’m tired! The living room is nice enough.”

 

The skinny man ignores her complaints and drags her up, throwing an arm around her shoulder. “Come on, I wanna show you how dope the rest of the place is.”

 

She rolls her eyes and lets him pull her forward as he enthusiastically starts with the bathroom. How can he be twenty-five, but still act like he did when she met him at fifteen? The two had been extremely close since they were sixteen, it’s astonishing that their friendship lasted nine years already. They do match; both of them have an odd sense of humor that others would cringe at. They had both grown up in Thailand—one of the bigger factors to them getting closer—and of course they’re the same age. A lot has changed, but their friendship stays the same.

 

Ten minutes pass, and the guests to his housewarming begin to pour in. Starting with his group members, the eldest of which would turn twenty-nine this year, and following with more labelmates from their agency JYP. By the next hour, around fifty people had somehow fit in the apartment, showing just how much the boy had saved up for the space.

 

Yerin, Jimin’s groupmate in 15&, sits down on the couch Jimin resettled herself in. They both stare blankly before them—Yerin’s place was a far drive, too. She’s as tired as Jimin. Still staring in front of her, she holds out a glass of wine to offer to Jimin. Jamie shakes her head.

 

“Can’t drink man, I have to drive home tonight,” the smaller of the two sighs. Yerin shrugs.

 

“More for me, then. Namjoon’s driving me later, so.”

 

“Namjoon? He’s here?”

 

Yerin finally turns her head to her partner. “Why are you so shocked? You know Bam’s good friends with the Bangtan kids. Of course he’d invite them.”

 

The Bangtan kids, as Yerin referred to them as, usually go by BTS. A seven member group who soon became close to GOT7, it was a coincidence that they’d end up befriending Jamie and Yerin too. What surprises Jimin is that they’re here, and she hasn’t seen them for a long time. She’ll admit it—she might have a little crush on one of the members, too. Yerin laughs.

 

“He’s not here, though,” Yerin chuckles, “Sorry to burst your bubble, but he has a schedule tonight.”

 

“Ah, shame, but I suppose I’m too tired to make an effort to impress an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter