A Common Thought

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There isn’t much conscious decision from then on. Somehow, three weeks pass and Jimin sleeps at his house every Monday night to prepare for her radio schedule the morning after. They don’t even speak about it in advance, she just enters his apartment and he accepts it for what it is. They might as well be living together, others joke, but Jimin is perfectly content with her own apartment despite the crazy distance.

 

Bambam doesn’t even notice himself making her bed when she leaves his apartment. Somehow this space, the guest space, became her space. There’s a small closet in the guest room, and she had left some outfits for the following week in there. A second home? Bambam likes the idea of that. She’s done a lot for him in their ten years of knowing each other. The least he could do in return is give her a comfortable space she can stay in.

 

Normally Jimin would come to his place around five p.m. on a Monday, but today she’s an hour late. He doesn’t check the clock for her or anything, but he’s so used to her being here at this time. He sits upside down on his couch—feet glued against the wall, and head hanging over the floor. When he finally pinpoints the empty feeling as Jimin being late, he decides to give her a ring.

 

A few beeps sound through his phone, and she eventually picks up. “Jimin-ah, you coming today or nah?” he asks without waiting for her to say hi.

 

“Um… I’m here.”

 

The sound of uncertainty on her end is confusing. “Why are you talking like that? Then come up.”

 

“Well, I’m sort of here… I can’t go in the building.”

 

“Oh, should I buzz you in?”

 

He hears a light Tsk on the other end. Is she annoyed? “You don’t get it, Bam. I can’t go in your apartment. You’ve um… there’s some fans outside.”

 

“What?!” Bambam tries to spin himself upright, but with his stance he falls onto the floor. He quickly brushes himself off and speedwalks to the window. Peeking down, he sees three young girls wandering around the entrance. He looks a bit further down the road, and he sees Jimin trying to hide behind a tree on the other side of the sidewalk.

 

“So, yeah… I don’t know how to get in without them getting suspicious.”

 

“Okay, I love you, but I’m more concerned to know how they even know where I live? I moved in literally less than two months ago,” Bambam feels his head about to explode.

 

“What do we do…?” he watches her squirm behind the tree. Kind of cute, she looks so animated.

 

______________________________

 

“So what did you do to get rid of them?” Yerin asks over lunch the next day.

 

She, Jimin and Chaeyoung sit in the café placed next to the JYP building. Jimin isn’t too close to Chaeyoung, but Yerin is, so the three decided to go out together. Jimin leans back to continue her story.

 

“Well, I pretended to call GOT7’s manager, asking where GOT7 is right now. I pretended I needed them for their interview on After School Club,” she begins, and pauses when Chaeyoung and Yerin giggle. “Yeah, yeah, I know. I haven’t hosted ASC for years now, but listen. I said loudly, Oh, they’re at the Arirang building already?! When the stalker fans heard that, they darted off immediately.”

 

“Clever, clever,” Yerin compliments, shaking her glass at her friend. Jimin furrows her eyebrows at her friend.

 

“Yerin, what are you drinking?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter