A New Suspicion

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You know, you drink a lot.”

 

Yerin looks at Jungkook with a face that assumes he just said the most ridiculous thing in the world. “What do you think, you’re the one training me.”

 

“Yeah, well, you might wanna tone it down for now. Training your tolerance doesn’t mean literally drinking all the time.”

 

This is the fifth time that Yerin and Jungkook are meeting up to “train” her tolerance. The first times he drank with her, and the next few times he tried to change her lifestyle to one that would boost her immune system. Now they’re meeting to help her lifestyle again. Truthfully, Yerin still doubts that he can handle her as a teacher, but keeps him around for curiosity of his authority.

 

This time, Jungkook is a little disappointed to see she’s already drinking at four p.m.

 

“Can we go for a run? Getting good exercise boosts your immune system, too,” Jungkook suggests.

 

Yerin scrunches her nose, not being a big fan of exercise. “Well… shouldn’t I finish this glass first? I don’t want to waste a good martini.”

 

“It’s way too early to be drinking, Yerin.”

 

Yerin shrugs, looking away to avoid his gaze. Is she embarrassed? Jungkook leans in and grabs the drink from her.

 

She looks offended. “Hey, Jeon Jungkook…”

 

“I told you, we’re not drinking this time. God, you’re so stubborn.”

 

What is it about this guy? Something feels so off about him. He offered to help, but he always looks burdened.

 

“Jungkook, if you dislike my personality, why did you offer to help me?”

 

People who see Baek Yerin from the outside wouldn’t think that she’s so straightforward. She has a soft voice that easily bursts into giggles, but she won’t hold back to speak about what’s bothering her. Jungkook noticed that the first time they trained. Honestly, it annoyed him at first. Yerin probably didn’t like his cocky personality either. Now he’s getting used to the banter.

 

“I don’t… dislike you,” Jungkook sighs, still holding tight onto the glass.

 

“But I still don’t know why you offered to help me,” Yerin tilts her head to get a better view of him. Interrogation time. “We didn’t know each other well enough for you to be concerned about the competition. I doubt that you liked me either. Namjoon-oppa’s told me about his team’s drinking habits, and you never stood out as a particularly strong drinker. What’s the deal?”

 

Jungkook doesn’t answer her, a bit overwhelmed by the incoming questions. Yerin gapes a little. “Don’t tell me…”

 

“What?” Jungkook asks, finally looking up at her. Yerin shakes her head.

 

“Do you have ulterior motives?” she asks. “You literally have no reason to help me. Do I have something that you want in return for the training?”

 

When he flinches, she flashes a small smirk. “Gotcha.”

 

“You didn’t get anything,” Jungkook insists, but his shier and more defensive demeanor says otherwise.

 

“What is it, Kook-ah~” she sings quietly, rocking back and forth, knowing she’s gotten him.

 

He balls up his fists, looking down. Yerin waits until he looks back up to her, having thought enough on how to answer. He clears his throat. “Fine. I’ll tell you why I wanted to help you.”

 

“Yay!” Yerin cheers.

 

“IF!” Jungkook interrupts. “If you pass the second round of the drinking competition. That’s in three weeks. If I tell you, and you don’t like my reason for helping, you have every right to break this partnership up.”

 

Those last words mark suspicion on her face as she squints to him. “Interesting choice of words. Fair, I’ll do my best.”

 

The same-aged partners shake on it. Her doubts are less now, but she’s ever more suspicious about the guy. What does she have that he needs, that she could possibly disapprove of?

 

_____________________________

 

Bambam almost spills the soup he’d been cooking when he scrolls through Pann. Pann is a website for people to share their stories and random posts, and it’s regular for celebrities to check the site to see if anyone wanted to write something about them. When he checks a trending topic, titled An idol who’s dating these days, he nearly chokes on his own spit.

 

“An Idol who’s dating these days

Isn’t Bambam from GOT7 dating someone? I’m a fan so I saw him on My Regular Life, and his apartment looked too suspicious.

There were female shoes by his door. He said they were his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter