A Drunk Meeting

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He’s being weird?” Yerin repeats on the other end. She’s on the phone with Jimin, who called earlier to consult her for advice.

 

“Yeah, he’s just… ah… how do I explain it,” Jimin confirms. “I think he hates Taehyung-oppa?”

 

That’s just an assumption, but it’s a reasonable one. Some sort of heavy tension has been looming in the apartment since she started dating Taehyung last month. Jimin’s told Bambam about her crushes and romantic encounters in the past, she wonders why he’s suddenly annoyed when she talks about her dates now. He doesn’t want to hear about any of it now. He doesn’t get mad, just sort of dismissing and impatient. She can only conclude that something about Taehyung annoys him.

 

“I don’t know if I can help you there. You’ll just have to ask him. I’m at the bar though, if you wanna talk face to face then you can come on over.”

 

She can hear the keys rustling, showing that Bambam has come home. He opens the door and nods quietly at Jimin to not interrupt her phone call.

 

Jimin nods back and gets back to her phone call. “Um, yeah. I guess I’ll have that talk now,” she agrees, eyes tracing Bambam as he walks to the coat hanger. “Wait, Yerin—are you at the bar again? You should be laying low for now.”

 

“Relax, will you? I haven’t had a drink since the second round. It’s been a week, I’m allowed to drink. Kook’s coming over to prep me for the third round.”

 

“Well, alright…” Jimin doubts her friend’s words, but hopes that Jungkook will regulate her. Again, her eyes fall on Bambam. “I’ll hang up now. See you.”

 

“Ciao,” Yerin replies before the line is cut, leaving Bambam and Jimin officially together in the room alone.

 

Though Jimin is known to be the loud one of 15&, Yerin is actually the one who’s the most straightforward about her feelings. Jimin can only fumble with herself. Lucky (or unlucky) for her, Bambam notices her sudden small nature and sits down on the couch across the room. He leans his head back to stretch his neck, eyes still looking down at her.

 

“Stressed?” he asks. “What’s on your mind.”

 

Jimin runs a hand through her hair, messing up her bangs. Not that she really cares how she looks in front of him. She her head to the side, making any sort of movement to procrastinate on the question she wants to ask. Fingers curling to swirl within her fist, she takes a deep breath.

 

“Do you… hate Taehyung-oppa?”

 

She’s met with the silence that she expected, and she makes sure to keep her gaze to her lap. Her nervousness is so obvious, so Bambam loosens up the atmosphere and lets out a breathy laugh.

 

“What are you saying, Jimin-ah… I don’t…” he sees Jimin isn’t laughing loosely with him, and drops his smile to a neutral stare. “… why would I… hate him?”

 

This time the tables turn, and Jimin responds in nothing. She does, however, look up at him, gaze unamused. Don’t joke around, tell me seriously, her stare tells him. Her lips part slightly, then close again. Maybe she has even more to say with her eyes.

 

“Explain the tension,” she says, not showing obviously whether it’s a demand or a request. Bambam can’t answer, and she begins to look a little irritated. “Don’t act like you haven’t felt it.”

 

“Oh, I’ve felt a lot more,” Bambam mutters under his breath, but shakes his head when Jimin leans forward for him to repeat himself. Bambam shakes his head, and she repeats his action.

 

“See, it’s things like this. I don’t want to attack you Bam, I just—please, if Taehyung-oppa did anything, or if I did anything! Just tell me so we can all get along together well,” she pleads, clapping her hands in front of her. “You two are the men I see the most in my life right now. Do get along.”

 

At this point, she’s making up conflict. Bambam doesn’t want that to happen. “I don’t hate him! I love the guy. He’s been helpful to you from the start, in fact he’s a perfect boyfriend.”

 

“Then why have you been so tense since we started dating?”

 

Now she’s standing up. The conversation started out gloomy but now she’s looking annoyed. Irritated, maybe a little mad? This side of Jimin doesn’t show up much. She likes to keep the negative energy to herself, but she’s had enough. The past few weeks have been slowly growing close to unbearable. She only recently moved in. The fact that there’s a possibility that she’ll have to live like this irritates her to no extent.

 

“You don’t hate Taehyung-oppa. What is it? Do you hate seeing me date? You don’t like me that way.”

 

There it is. That last sentence sticks out like a sore thumb to Bambam. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter