A Person Here

Under the Roof of Twenty-Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung swings an arm around his girlfriend. She’s been looking down all morning, and he’s a little worried. He observes her expressions, which try and stay neutral but only end up being awkwardly uncomfortable. Having had enough, he pulls her face towards him (squishing her cheeks as he always does) and gives her a peck on the lips. Jimin jolts from the sudden action and stares at him when he pulls back.

 

“Be happy! What’s wrong today?” Tae holds her shoulders as he pushes the question out.

 

Jimin gulps. “Ah, it’s nothing.”

 

“What’s nothing, Jamie,” he sulks himself this time and pulls her to his side. Finally she gives in and rests her head on his shoulder with a sigh.

 

“I’m just…” she takes another deep breath before continuing. She knows she can trust Taehyung with anything. “Bambam didn’t come home last night. We had an argument before he left the apartment, so it just gives me an icky feeling.”

 

“Bambam?” Taehyung looks down at her. “Jungkook said he came over to the bar and drank with Yerin.”

 

Now it’s Jimin’s turn to be surprised. “Seriously? Yerin never told me.”

 

“Yeah. But not for long. Jungkook said that he was gonna be taken home.”

 

“He never came home, though.”

 

She chews on her lower lip in thought. Taehyung hates seeing her down like this and wraps his arms around her waist. He kisses her, softer and longer than the last time. He releases and looks her in the eyes. She won’t give the eye contact back.

 

“Cheer up.”

 

His girlfriend gives only a solemn nod as a response, not convincing him much. He kisses her again, releases to look at her expression, then kisses again. This cycle spins on repeat, him giving her butterfly kisses all over her face. His effort is cute, and she can’t help but giggle at his little antics. Taehyung smiles widely at the fact that he got her to smile, still looking at her with honey in his eyes.

 

“I don’t know what you argued about, and I won’t pry.” This relieves Jimin, who wouldn’t want him to feel awkward about the topic. What could she say anyway? My roommate either hates you or likes me.

 

He goes on. “And I know my kisses can’t do anything about your situation. It’s not helping whatever is going on with Bambam, but just know I’m here if you need to talk about it. Try to smile about other things if you can’t smile about your roommate.” He tilts his head to get a better view of her beneath her bangs, then gives his last peck to her nose.  “Got it?”

 

Jimin tries to hold down her expression, but his cute actions break her into a smile. “I got it.”

 

The answer is more convincing than her nod from earlier, satisfying Taehyung. He pulls her in for a hug. “That’s my girl.”

 

My girl, Jimin repeats in her head. That’s right. I’m with Taehyung-oppa. No matter how Bambam thinks of either of us.

 

_____________________________

 

It’s too obvious how awkward Jungkook is right now. He sits upright on the sofa he slept in last night. Well “slept” is a generous term for the action, considering how little he could sleep. Yerin’s small, but her legs kept kicking him in the face when she slept on the other side of the couch. Kinda hard to get any shut-eye like that. Yerin’s still sleeping, mouth lightly parted to breathe. It’s nice when she’s not stubbornly arguing with him. She overdrank again yesterday.

 

As he’s looking at her, he hears her moan slightly as she wakes.

 

With her eyes still closed, she pats Jungkook’s thigh with her foot and mutters, “Are we still here?”

 

He breathes in, making chipmunk cheeks of air, then slowly releases the air. “Yup. Get up.”

 

She groans and shakes her head. “Hm… maybe in a little bit.”

 

“Come on, stupid, it’s already midday,” Jungkook insists and pulls her up by her shoulders, shaking them a little so she finally opens her eyes. “You overdid it with the cocktails again.”

 

Amongst the chatter, Chaeyoung enters the living room (where Yerin and Jungkook slept) from her bedroom. Yeah, they spent the night at Chaeyoung’s. No doubt Jungkook was stiff throughout the whole night. The sight of Chaeyoung only stiffens Jungkook further, making him nervously tighten his grip on Yerin’s shoulders.

 

“Ah, ah, AH—Kook-ah,” Yerin whimpers in pain and shifts out of his grasp. She looks back in frustration, then forms a little smile as she sees what’s making him so tense. “Ah, it’s Chaeng.”

 

“What’s me, Unnie?” Chaeyoung calls fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter