CHAPTER 8

Rebel with a voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

" Jessica?" Hara called again, moving closer. " Jessica, oh my gosh, hey. where-where did you disappear to ? i  heard yo were expelled, but no one knew whre you going."

Jessica was instantly irritated as she stood, Tiffany following suit. " why would you care, Hara?"

" look Sica, i'm really sorry about your parents, but -i-i didn't know how to deal with-all of that."

" you didn't know how to deal with a lot of things." Jessica looked over the girl's shoulder to see those familiar faces of Hara's high meintenance friend, and she scoffed. " you didn't know how to deal with us or a relationship. thing is, if you didn't want one, that should have been the first thing you said to me instead of us playing hide-and-seek for eight months."

"Sica-"

" no, Hara. what are you doing here anyway?"

"we were invited to this party. you-do go to SM now?"

" yeah, i do."

" oh, well, Sica, can we-maybe talk somewhere else?" she looked at Tiffany now.

" we have nothing to talk about."

" please. can you just let me expain myself?"

"anything you have to say, you can say it right here." she felt Tiffany at her shoulder, moving closer, and she was thankful. " unlike you, i'm not ashamed of who or what i am, so go on, so i can get back to my night."

Hara pondered it a moment, looking over to make sure her friend were still occupied. Jessica snorted. " well, it's just-i know that i wasn't reay, and i treated you bad, and i understand it was hard for you to let me in, and i ruined it, but-im really sorry Sica. i really am. i was childish and afraid, and you deserved better form me. i just wanted to know if we could maybe try-"

" time's up" Tiffany noe chimed in. " come on, babe."

without another word, she tugged Jessica's hand, and they made their way down the beach away from the gaping brown hair. Jessica's eyes were wide and trained on the redhead beside her now.

" what the hell was that?" she gasped.

" me saving you," Tiffany chirped nonchalantly as they reached some rocks.

" thanks. i-wow. i didn't expect that in the million years."

" ex-girlfriend?"

" yup, first and last."

" what did she-do?"

Jessica only shook her head at first, but then she just sighed in defeat as the words banged on the inside of her lips to escape. she took a large gulp of her beer." she hid me," she huffed. " she was ashamed of us, of me, and the night my parents died, i went to her in real bad shape. she just-shut the door in my face. that was the last i talked to her. it explains a lot though, doesn't it? i don't get close to people. they end up leaving me when i need them the most."

" is that why i'm just an acquaintance?"

Jessica sighed. " it's just-easier that way, Tiffany. there's no obligation or expectation."

" Jessie, i-"

" you dont have to say anything, Tiff. it's fine."

"no, Jessie, listen please. im not going to hurt you. i wanna be your friend. i won't leave you."

" you can't promise me that." she chuckled bitterly. " my parents couldn't even keep that promise. you can't even be around me when brunette's around. so dont make promises you can't keep."

 

" Jessie, if you really needed me, i wouldn't care that Wendy thought. i would be there. like i said, i know what it's like to lose someone close to you. Ndy was the only one i could depend on, and i'm willing to be that person dor you,"

" you just dont quit, do you?"

Tiffany grinned now. " nope, so let's save ourselves the trouble and give in."

" you're touble, Hwang."

" i guess we're one in the same then."

before Jessica knew what was happening, Tiffany was leaning in closer to her, and soon, their faces were only millimeters apart. Jessica tried to move. she had to move. this couldn't happen. it would only complicate everything. she began to move back, but she was sitting on the rock. she could only go so far. then there was a voice shouting, and both girls looked to see who it was calling Tiffany's name. Jessica never been so happy to see Nickhun stumbling toward them. it wasn't for long though because the irritation on Tiffany's face trandfe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter