CHAPTER 1

Rebel with a voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Everything  had finally fallen into place. Sure, she had been kicked out of at least two schools a year from second grade on up to middle school. But she couldn’t take the entirety of the blame. Everything had been great before second grade. She had never heard her parents fight or yell or scream or anything. They spent time with her, took her out to parks and the zoo. They were a happy family. Then, a week before she started second grade, her father had loaded up his jeep and just left with nothing more then a kiss on her forehead. He never comeback. Her mother tried tomake her  understand. She tried to carry the load and bethe best mother AND father possible for her little girl. Still, her daughter had no idea what to think. The one man that she was sure  would never leave her had done exactly  that without reason or rhyme behind the action. Her mother would cry herself to sleep at night. The little blode  would hear her, but during the day , she had brightest of smiles.she had to be stong for both of them, but the little girl wasn’t  strong. She acted out, getting into multiple fight a week until the school just couldn’t take it anymore. Los Angles only had so many schools to choose from, and it was miracle that she was never held back. She was smart for sure, one of the smartest kids her age, but she would rather wreak havoc, and so it went until sixth grade.

In sixth grade, her mother met  Jung  Yunho. Yunho  was a good man who loved both Boa and her daughter as if the child was his own. It took a year for  Jessica to warm up to her new stepfather, but when she did, she found he was a great guy. Therefore, she made it througt seventh grade without error. She hadn’t heard from her father since her ninth birthday, but she didn’t care. Yunho did all of the things with her that father was supposed to do, and she loved it. He taught her how to play sports like football and baseball, shoot a bow and arrow, play dart, and even mix music among other things. He went every game, and he was a loudest in the stands. Yeah, he made Jessica’s life so much better, and she finished out seventh grade then eighth grade  in the same school.                                                   Freshman year, Jessica come out to her mother and stepfather when she got her first girlfriend. Her mother was a bit shocked but okay with it. You know what  Yunho said? “ Yes! Now we can check out girls together, squirt!” Jessica had laughed at his antics.

 

The memory came back to her now as she sat in front of her high school, well, old high school. How could they not understand why she was so upset though? Her mother and step father, the lighs of her life, had just passed away in a car accident the week before, then she had to stand alone with only her parents’ coworkers and her three aunt, two of Yunho’s  sisters and her mother’s one, to watch her parents lowered into the ground. Her aunt   Sojin  had flown in from  Korea the night happened, and she ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter