CHAPTER 9

Rebel with a voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the italic is flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


A morning run had never felt so good for Jessica. since school let out the week prior, she had been running each morning at six, to everyone suprise, and she always completed at least two miles. she would usully end up at school gym for lifting, and after, she would sometimes take a swim in the personal Park pool in their backyard if Wendy and the girls weren't hogging it. sometimes she would go out there anyway to rile up the brunatte, but usully, she would just wait. the runs had been helping her however. ever since she had made out with Taeyeon in the the shorter girl's jeep at the lake party, and her guilt had jumped into overdrive thinking about Tiffany, she had needed a release. she only did it to get over Tiffany, and backfired. she felt worse. this reliase was much safer than being cought between best friends.

she remembered every suturday morning when her and Yunho would take a run along a trail in the mountains he had discovered. it was sooting and exhilarating, and they would run side by side up the trail then back down, resting at the bottom and having some kind of inspirational talk. there was one in particular that always remained with her.

"Dad, do you really think i could play high school football?" she asked the bear of man after one such run at the start of summer before she entered high school.

" he rested a paw firmly on her shoulder. " Jess, you are so talented, but most of all, you're tough. you're like titanium. you went through some tough stuff as a kid, and it burned you and molded you, but it didn't break tou. you can handle football. you're small, but you;re quick. you have agility and versatility that the most halfbacks would kill for, and you can definitely take the hit as well as make one. you scored twenty touchdowns in eighth grade. most college and NFL halfbacks don't score that in a season twice as long, and tose kids were huge. you're gonna be fine, kiddo. first and foremost, you have to belive in youreself."

" were you scared when you started college ball?"

he chuckled. " i was terrified, and i was half the size i am now." he did only have about four inches on her now. " but i embraced my flaws, and i turned them to my weapons."

" you were great though." he had shown her tapes of his games. " you definitely would have been drafted had you had the chance."

" yeah, but i dont reget it. had i not been working at the factory, i never would have met the auditor that come to the facility three years ago. your mother, and that means so much more that an NFL career to me because it give me the two most important people in my life."

" thanks, for showing me how to play and believing in me. for loving me i guess. you're the best dad ever."

" i knoe it was hard for you, Jess, but let me tell you this. any father that can walk out on their kid is a coward, and i just wanna give you and your mom what you deserve. i love you just as much as if you were my own, and i will always be there, at every game yelling and cheering for my little girl. i promise that. you make me better when i see you play. you have a passion for the game that not many players do, and i adore you for it. you're going to be great, kid. you watch, and i'll be right there beside you."

Jessica would miss hearing that man roar from the stands, her mom squealing with joy even tough she barely caught the gist of whats going on. he had been a die-hard 49er fan, and he had taken her to see them play the Falcons in the NFC division championship the year prior. he had taught her everything he knew about the game, and she inherited his love for it. they would spend hours analyzing game film or working on plays. he taught her how to trow, catch and hold the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter