Rival

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Hyuna and Sohyun went to their favorite hair salon to get a new hair style. Since Jihyun and Gayoon busy with their filming schedule and Jiyoon busy producing music, so the two maknae decided to just go alone. Actually Hyuna have been very busy lately with her solo comeback preparation, she practically lives in practice room. But today is a special day, so she can't miss it.

"Unnie, what do you think about this hairstyle?” Sohyun showed the picture in her phone to Hyuna.

Hyuna observed it. “Ohhh Kwonso, you have a good eyes.”

“Jinjja??” She exclaimed proudly. She immediately told the hairstylist to do that hairstyle for her.

Hyuna shrugged and turned to the hairstylist, started to explain what style she want for her own hair.

I hate you… Hey..
I don’t need you…

“Unnie… Your phone..” Sohyun said.

Hyuna took out her phone and checked the screen. “Sehun oppa.” She mumbled to herself. She immediately answered the phone.

“Yoboseyo??”

“Hyunayah… Where are you now?”

“Now?? I’m at hair salon with Sohyun. Wae??”

“Ahh, I see. Do you have any plans tonight?”

Is he going to ask me out? Hyuna thought to herself. “Ehmm, actually I’ll be going to BTS concert tonight.”

“Really? Ahh, actually I’m also going there tonight.”

“Really??”

“Ne… Actually I suppose to go with Chanyeol hyung. But something came up so he can’t make it.”

“Ahh, too bad..”

“That’s why I want to ask you if you want to go together.”

“Mwoo?” Hyuna shocked a little bit.

“Since we’re going to the same place isn’t that it’s more convenient to go together? Ahh, but it’s okay if you don’t want to.”

“Aniyo.. I don’t mean it like that.” Hyuna bite her lips. “But, how if people see us together? They’ll start making rumors.”

“They already made rumors even before we do anything. So why not just let them get what they want? It’s not like we do something criminal anyway.”

“But.. I’m still worry.”

“So, it’s no then??”

Maybe it’s my chance. My damn heart have been acting weird lately and I’ll have to see him later, so maybe if I distract myself it could prevent me from thinking about him, the cruel jerk who always hurt my pride. Hyuna thought to herself. “ANIYO, ANIYO… I WILL GO..” She said, didn’t realize that she almost scream. All of the people in the salon turned to her.

“Woww.. I didn’t expect that you’ll be this excited.” He laughed happily.

Hyuna hit her own forehead. Pabo.. Pabo.. “Mianheyo.. I just… Excited… Yeah, excited.” She faked laugh.

“Arasso.. I’ll pick you up at 5.”

“Wait, wait oppa…” She bite her lips. “But still, how if people see us??”

He chuckled. “Then let’s just say that we’re a friend who’s going to watch concert together. Is it a bad thing??”

“Anniyo..” He’s right but she still worried anyway. I mean Sehun is in exo, and exo is famous to have many sasaeng fans. Hyuna can’t imagine what’s going to happen to her if they see her with their oppa. She still remember the last time there’s rumors about her dating Sehun. Many exo sasaeng fans attacked her instagram account. And it was only an empty rumors, she didn’t even know Sehun back then. But now, she’s going out with him for real. Of course he’s handsome, nice and all. So it’s a big dilemma for her…

“Do you want me to say that we’re dating?”

Hyuna choked. “Uhukk, uhukk.. Anniyoo..”

He laughed. “Yah.. I feel hurt. Do you hate me that much?”

“Oppa, you know it’s not what I mean.” She pouted.

“Arasso, arasso…”

“By the way, do I need to cover myself?” She asked, just to make sure whether she need to use her celebrity equipments or not.

“Wae? Are you some kind of ninja or something??” He joked.

“Oppa…” She nagged.

“I’m just joking.” He laughed. “Just wear something normal. You’ll attract more eyes if you cover yourself too much.”

Hyuna agreed with that. “Ne, arasso…”

“See you..”

“See you..”

Hyuna hang up the phone. Sohyun already looked at her with curious looks when she turned to her.

“Who’s that oppa?” Sohyun asked.

“It’s Sehun oppa.” Hyuna answered.

“Omo, omo… Are you dating him already??”

“Of course not. We’re just going to watch BTS concert together.”

“Omooo… Is it a date?”

“Anni..” Hyuna pouted. “Stop making rumors.”

“This isn’t rumors. This is a fact.” Sohyun stated.

“Sohyunah, do you think is it okay if I go with him?”

“Of course it is. Why not?”

“I mean, how if peoples spot us together and BOOM. We become headline tomorrow.”

“Unnie, don’t think too much. So what if people spot you together?” She patted Hyuna’s shoulder. “Even we’re idols, we also human.”

What the maknae said is right. “But still, I feel like I commit a serious crime.” Being an idol isn’t easy at all, so they always have to be careful.

“Unnie, listen! You seriously need to go meet a guy. You’re 22 years old, you have nothing to lose.” She rolled her eyes. “You’re portrayed as a player on stage but you’re so different in real life. I think you should play now before you rot in the practice room.”

Hyuna sighed. “It’s not that easy..”

“Yah… Do you think I didn’t know that many male celebrities asked you out? Just choose from one of them! Why don’t you just grab the chance when you can? I’m seriously jealous of you.”

Many male celebrities asked Hyuna out. But usually she turned them down because she always said that she want to focus on her career first rather than dating. Yeah, she’s a well known workaholic. But it doesn’t mean that she don’t want to date. Actually she does, she always dream to meet a nice guy then fall in love and have a relationship just like normal peoples at her age. But once again, it’s not easy to do so. In her case, she always ended up broken heart or fall for the wrong guy. Even it made her a little bit traumatic, but still doesn’t stop her to love. She wanted to love and to be love, just like every girls.

“Yah.. Do you think I’m buying something at grocery store?” She knocked Sohyun’s head. “But well, I guess you’re right this time. Maybe I’ll just give it a try.” Hyuna said.

Sohyun smiled. “Excelent…”

“Whatever..” She shrugged.

“Unnie, you’re seriously very lucky.”

“Wae??”

“EXO Sehun asked you out. Isn’t that means you’re lucky?”

Hyuna rolled her eyes. Well, she’s not completely wrong actually. Sehun is tall, handsome, and charming. He’s like totally her type. It’s not like Hyuna choose look over personality. But if he’s good looking, it’s a bonus right?

“But unnie seriously, this is the first time I saw you accept someone who asked you out since Lee Joon oppa.” Sohyun frowned. “Do you probably like him for real?”

“Anni… It’s not like that. I just want to be friend with him. He seemed nice.” She can’t tell Sohyun that she needed a distraction for now. It doesn’t mean that she’s using Sehun right?

“Yah.. How many man that you’re going to make broken heart? Do you want me to name it for you? Infinite Sunggyu and L, Vixx Ravi and N, Got7 JB, Teen Top L.Joe, Super Junior Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, and Heechul, ex exo member Luhan and Kris, and even G-Dragon. How about the actor? Lee Jong Suk, Kim Woo Bin, Kang Ha Neul, Kim So Hyun, and Lee Min Ho. He would not date Suzy if you accept him first. All these famous star, their fans probably will cry if they know that you reject them.”

“Yah Kwon Sohyun…” Hyuna pouted.

“What I wanted to say is, you reject so many good guy. You throwed away all that opportunity and always end up fall for the wrong guy.” Sohyun sighed.

“I know.. But I can’t help it.” She turned to Sohyun. “So, what do you think about Sehun oppa by the way?”

Sohyun smirked. “I caught you. You seriously fall for him don’t you?”

“Anni.. But I’m considering it.” Hyuna answered honestly.

“Hmmm.. I think he’s pretty nice. And considering that you accept him, it means that you have some interest in him. So why not try?”

Hyuna nodded. “Arasso..” She admitted that Sohyun was right. It’s not like she don’t like Sehun anyway. Actually she has a good feeling for him. It’s been so long since the last time she date someone or even accept a date offer, but somehow she feels comfortable with Sehun. So maybe this time she can really meet a good guy. Or maybe even win her bet with Jungkook.

 

Author’s POV (BTS concert)

Just like he promised, Sehun picked Hyuna at 5 and went straight to the concert stadium. They want to come early so they can pass the crowd easier. But Hyuna was very nervous because this is the first time that she's going out with Sehun. Even they already talk on the phone or send each other a messages, this is literally their first date. She’s nervous and excited at the same time.

Sehun parked his sport car perfectly before got out and opened the door for Hyuna. He’s such a gentleman for her.

“Thank you.” Hyuna thanked him.

“Let’s go..” He suddenly hold Hyuna’s hand, made her a little bit taken aback. Even Hyuna can’t deny that this boy is really attractive.

“Why your hand is so cold?” Sehun rubbed her hands to warm it up a little.

Hyuna flustered by his action, but she can’t told him that it’s because she was very nervous. Hyuna doesn’t have many experiences about dating. Her only ex boyfriend is Hanbin, and it ended a long time ago. She did have crush on Junhyung and Lee Joon before, but it also didn’t go smoothly. Of course she had many male friends, but they’re all just friends. Jungkook is a special case because they’ve been friends for like forever.

“Are you nervous?” Sehun asked.

He really caught her off guard. “Anniyo, anniyoo…” Hyuna immediately answered but her face are completely red.

Sehun chuckled by her cuteness. He’s been watching her for quite sometimes, so he know it well that despite her bold and y image she’s actually very cute and innocent. She’s different with other girls who always pretend to be cute and innocent. She doesn’t even need to try, it’s already in her nature. That’s one of the reason he’s so into her.

They used the back door to minimize the crowd and went to BTS’s waiting room to visit them before the show. Sehun excused himself to the toilet so Hyuna decided to just go by herself first.

“Oppa…” Hyuna screamed as she entered the room, getting all the attention from the boys.

“Hyuna…” Jimin is the first one to approach her and gave her a brief hug. The rest of the members did the same.

“Aigoo.. Bogoshipo..” Hyuna exclaimed happily.

The BTS members are very excited to see Hyuna. Even they already become good friends, but she’s still a role model for them. They’ve been a fan of her since before their debut.

“Ahh, here… I made this for all of you.” Hyuna handed a big box that contained food that she cook herself.

“Uwoo…” Jin received it happily.

“Gomawo…” V patted her head lovingly.

They immediately opened the box. There’s many delicious food in it. Lobster kimbap, fried chicken, potato salad, bulgogi, rolled omellete, and many more.

“It’s very delicious. Hyuna jjang!!” J-Hope commented.

All the boys thanked her. Hyuna smiled happily watching the boys enj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter