Sick Day

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"Ahhh-choo.." Hyuna sneezed, she took one piece of tissue and snot.

Meanwhile Jungkook was in the kitchen, try to make porridge which turn out to be a big failed. If there's one thing that Jungkook can't do, is cooking. Well, it means that he's still human because he's not that perfect right? 

Pranggg... Praaanggg... There's a loud noise inside Hyuna's kitchen.

Hyuna who sat in the living room with blanket wrapped around her become more and more anxious that Jungkook will destroy her kitchen.

"Jungkook-ah, gwenchana. You don't have to make it yourself. Just call a delivery food." Hyuna yelled to Jungkook from living room.

Pranggg.. Pranggg.. Brakkk... Hyuna bite her lips, it's her habbit when she's nervous or anxious. Hyuna know well that her best friend Jungkook really can't cook. The last time Hyuna taste Jungkook's cooking, she end up throw it in the trash. Not that she's ungrateful, it's just the taste is very terrible. Hyuna still can remember how horrible the taste is. But still Jungkook insisted to cook for Hyuna this time because he said that Hyuna need to eat homemade food when she's sick.

"Aigoooo... What am I gonna do? I think I'll be more sick if I eat his food." Hyuna whispered to herself.

After a few minutes Jungkook got out from the kitchen, he looked messy but still can't hide his handsomeness.

"Let's just call delivery food." Jungkook said, he gave up.

Hyuna sighed in relief.

"Yah, are you happy?" Jungkook pouted.

Hyuna nodded. "Ne.." Of course Hyuna answered honestly. If there's someone who can tell you a hurtful but honest answer, is your best friend.

Jungkook still pouted but he took out his phone and call for the delivery food.

"Ahhh-chooo.." Hyuna sneezed.

Jungkook took a piece of tissue and helped Hyuna to snot. It looks disguisting for some people, but not for Hyuna and Jungkook. They're too comfortable with each other and Jungkook don't feel disgust to do it for Hyuna. There's even one time when he need to cleaned up Hyuna's vomit. Hyuna never be a good drinker and she was very drunk one day after attending company's dinner. Jungkook didn't know how she end up went to his apartmant when she drunk. She just said that she forgot her house password but remember Jungkook's instead. She throw up at him and on the floor, so he end up cleaned up for all the mess.

"I don't know what happen to you and Taehyung hyung at the jungle. Both of you looks very terrible since you went home this morning." Jungkook said as he throw all the dirty tissues to trash can.

"I told you that show is really no joke." Hyuna answered.

"I told you not to come." Jungkook rolled his eyes. "You're too clumsy to come to that kind of show."

"Yahh.. I made it tho.." Hyuna pouted. "My fans would really love it if I go. Beside it was actually very fun.. Just bad weather. Ahhh-choo..." Hyuna sneezed again.

Jungkook sighed. "Arasso, arasso.. You did great." He patted Hyuna's head, gave up.

Hyuna shivered, it looks like her cold won't getting better anytime soon. Jungkook hate it, really hate it. Seeing Hyuna sick or hurt is the thing that he hate the most.

"Come here.." Jungkook pulled Hyuna closer to him.

Hyuna changed her position and now she sat between Jungkook's leg, letting him hug her from behind as she rested her head on his chest. "It's warm." She mumbled.

Jungkook her hair, made Hyuna feel comfortable. When Hyuna sick, the one person that she need the most is Jungkook. Since her mother death 8 years ago and her father remarried, Jungkook is the one who always took care of her. Of course she also have her members and other friends like Jia, Amber, Zico, Jokwon, Hyunseung, etc, but only Jungkook can really understand her. Sometimes he know her more than she know herself.

"Kookie.." Hyuna whispered as she close her eyes.

"Hmm??"

"Can you sing for me?" She requested.

"You really take an advantage of me right now right?" Jungkook said jokingly.

Hyuna chuckled. "Ne.."

But still, Jungkook cleared his throat. Prepared to sing...

 

I'll Listen to What You Have to Say - Yoon Mi Rae (english translation)

For you, who is sad and crying
For you, who is struggling
I'll sing this song for you with all my heart
When you think you're alone, when you suddenly start to cry
When you feel like no one is next to you

Remember that you're not alone
Even if the whole world always hurts you

Even when you feel lonely or sad, don't cry
I'll wordlessly hug you, I'll listen to you
Look back, I'll be here, I'll wipe away all your tears
Even all your loneliness

 

Hyuna smiled as she listened to Jungkook's singing. His voice is cleared and nice like always, but she focus more on the lyrics. She felt like every word remind her of Jungkook. "Gomawo.." She whispered as she leaned deeper in Jungkook's embrace.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Hyuna tighter to make her feel warm. As for Hyuna, she felt safe when she has Jungkook with her. They stayed like that for awhile without any words.

Ding-dong.. Someone rang the bell.

"It must be the food." Jungkook said. "I'll get it."

Hyuna nodded and Jungkook walked outside to get the food. Soon, a warm porridge was ready in front of Hyuna.

Hyuna stared at Jungkook with her puppy eyes, giving him signal.

"What?" Jungkook sighed. "You want me to feed you?"

Hyuna nodded, she knew that he would understand her signal.

"You become more spoiled when you're sick." Jungkook complained but still took the spoon and start feeding her.

After finished eating he gave her medicine.

"Let's move to bed room. You need sleep." Jungkook said.

He carried Hyuna bridal style and put her on the bed. He wrapped her with the blanket and put wet towel on her forehead.

"Do you want some hot tea? I'll bring you some." Jungkook offered.

But just before he can walk, Hyuna grabbed the edge of his shirt and stared at him with her teary eyes due to fever.

"Don't leave.." She said weakly.

Jungkook's expression softened, he grabbed her hand and took a seat beside her bed. "I won't."

Hyuna smiled and the next second she already closed her eyes. Jungkook spent his time staring at Hyuna's sleeping face while still holding her hand. Only like that already made him happy. He never show this side of him to other girl even for her ex girlfriend, it's only for Hyuna. As many people in the industry know, Jungkook isn't good with girls. He often feels nervous or even startled if there's other girl approaching him. But he's different with Hyuna. Well, but Hyuna thought that's because Jungkook never see her as a woman.

Jungkook already stayed beside Hyuna for an hour when suddenly his phone rang. It was Namjoon who called him. He answered the call but kept his voice low, afraid to wake her up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jeon Jungkook, where are you?"

"I'm at Hyuna's place. Why?"

"What do you mean by why? You knew that we have practice today."

"But hyung.."

"No but.. Bang PD want you in practice room in 15 minutes."

Namjoon hang up the phone before Jungkook can say anything. Jungkook sighed at his phone. He looked at Hyuna who still sleep peacefully.

"Maybe I can leave and comeback later. She might be still sleeping when I return." He talked to himself.

He wrote a note, saying that he'll go to practice for awhile and comeback later. He put it beside her bed so she won't look for him when she wake up. After that he kissed Hyuna's forehead before leaving the apartmant.

 

Author's POV (3 hours later)

Jungkook hurriedly returned to Hyuna's apartmant after finished his practice. He couldn't concentrate in the practice room because he worried about Hyuna too much. The trainer even scold him a few times. s understood Jungkook, because they also worry about Hyuna especially V. He knew Hyuna's condition since they went to jungle together. 

Jungkook checked Hyuna's bedroom but can't find her so he started looking around.

"Hyuna... Hyunaa.." He called Hyuna but still no answer.

He went to the kitchen and shocked seeing Hyuna collapsed on the floor.

"Hyuna.." He hurriedly approached her. He hold her body and immediately checked her temperature with his palm. "Your fever gets worse." He mumbled to himself.

Hyuna managed to open her eyes a little. "Ehmm.. Kookie?" She said in a weak voice.

"Let's go to hospital." Jungkook said as he helped Hyuna to get up.

Hyuna stumbled, so Jungkook holding her to kept her in balance. But strangely she shook her head, refused. "I'll go by myself. Don't come near me!" She said to Jungkook.

Jungkook taken aback by her action. He didn't remember he did anything wrong, is she mad at him? Or she mad because he left her earlier? "What are you saying?"

"Don't come near me! Go away!" She shoved his hands.

"Be quiet!" He's a little bit upset but he attempted to carry her which she refused.

"Put me down!" She shoved him again. "Get away from me!"

"Hold still, you need to go to the hospital!"

Hyuna still refused. "No, this isn't an average cold. I don't want to get you sick." She said, holding her pain.

"Mwo?" Jungkook's expression softened. "You avoided me because you don't want to get me sick? Yah.. I've been with you since this morning."

"I hadn't really feel it this morning. But this is really hurts now. So go away,  I can't.. get you sick." She answered.

"Foolish dummy!" Jungkook scolded her. He didn't wait and immediately carried her in his arms. This time Hyuna didn't refuse, she's too weak for even complain.

He drove to hospital in hurry, fortunately there's no police so he won't get any trouble. He sent her to emergency room. The doctor immediately treated her.

"She got the shingles." The doctor said to Jungkook.

"Excuse me??" Jungkook asked.

"She must've been in a great deal of pain." The doctor continued. "How did she endure all the pain?"

Jungkook sighed.

"Is that contagious?" Hyuna asked with her weak voice.

"Yah.. How is that important right now?" Jungkook scold her, can't believe this girl still thinking about that.

"Don't worry, it usually doesn't infect adults." The doctor answered.

She breath in relief. "That's such a relief." She said before closing her eyes and fall asleep immediately.

"How can you fall asleep now, you pabo?" Jungkook nagged.

"I've given her some antibiotics and pain reliever, so she should be better soon." The doctor told Jungkook. "Make sure she get plenty of rest."

"Kamsahamnida.." Jungkook bowed.

He took a seat beside her bed and flicked her forehead lightly, made her frowned in her sleep. "Pabo.." He chuckled.

"You're very pretty when you sleep peacefully like this.." He carresed her cheeks. He didn't know what's gotten into his head when he suddenly leaned to her and gave her a peck on the lips.

Jungkook surprised by his own action, he's blushing. He glanced at Hyuna and sighed in relief when he saw her still sleeping, he didn't know how to explain to her if she wake up.

"I must be crazy." He smacked his own head and immediately left the room before he become more crazy.

 

Author's POV (the next morning)

The news about Hyuna being hospitalized are all around the internet just a few hours after she arrived at the hospital. You know, how scary the media is..

Fortunately she already got a lot better in the morning. Cube assured the fans that Hyuna is doing well and in the middle of recovery. The fans sent her many "get well soon" gift. Many of her friends also come to visit her at the hospital. And since Jungkook can't stay all day because he still have schedules (you know how popular BTS is), so her members take turn to look for her. And now it's time for Sohyun's turn.

"Sohyun-ah.. Bring me more cheese cake!" Hyuna ordered Sohyun.

Sohyun idly obeyed. "Ne..."

Hyuna took the cheese cake from Sohyun's hand and start stuffing herself.

Sohyun shook her head in disbelief. "If peoples see you right now they won't believe that you're sick. You ate almost one whole cake."

Hyuna just laughed to her maknae comment. Actually it's not that bad to stay at the hospital, at least she can take a rest from her work. Just considered it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter