Take a Break

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Headache.. That was the first thing that Hyuna felt when she open her eyes. 

"Oh my god.. My head.." she clutched her head in both hand. "How much did I drink last night?"

She blinked a few time, still trying to adjust her surroundings.

"Where am I?" She mumbled to herself when she noticed the familiar but not so unfamiliar surroundings. She turned her head to the side table and spotted a photo frame that has a picture of Jungkook wrapping his arm around her shoulder and smiling brightly on their high school graduation. 

"Wait.. Am I in Jungkook's bedroom?" She asked to herself. She tried to remember everything that happen from last night. The last thing she remember, she went out with her friends and getting drunk. 

She sighed. "I should have known that I have a habbit to come to Jungkook's place when I'm drunk." She massaged her throbbing temple. "But how did I.."

That's when the memories hit her. Start from her showing up at Jungkook's apartment, then threw up and start yelling at Jungkook.

"Did I?" She gasped, clasping with her hand. 

She remembered a piece of memory when she confessed her feeling to Jungkook, and then she kiss him. 

"Crazy.. Crazy.." She pulled her own hair in frustration. "I must be crazy. Eottoke?"

After trying to calm herself a bit, she decided that it's better if she sneak out before Jungkook notice.

So she adjust her messy look a little and tiptoed to the door. She open the door slowly and take a peek at her surroundings. Making sure that Jungkook wasn't around. After making sure she got out from the room and close the door behind her slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible. That's when suddenly. 

"Kim Hyuna, where are you going sneaking out like that?" 

Hyuna immediately let out a high pitch scream after hearing a voice behind her. She covered and turned around. 

"Jungkook.." She said with her wide eyes.

He was standing with his arms crossed. He also had a calm resemble. 

"What.. What are you doing here?" Hyuna asked stupidly.

He rolled his eyes. "This is my place. Don't you think it's a stupid question."

She lowered her head, biting her lips. "I think so.. I'm sorry, it must be because I'm drunk last night."

He sighed. "Come to the kitchen, I already ordered a hangover soup for you."

When he saw that Hyuna still standing without moving an inch, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the kitchen. 

He sat her down and start serving the dishes for her. After that he too, sat in front of Hyuna. 

"Why are you not eating?" He asked as he watch her.

Honestly she didn't even feel hungry and this situation right now is killing her more than her hangover. She can't believe how stupid she is. She prayed that the earth will crack open and just swallow her.

Jungkook handed her a glass of water when he realized that she won't touching her food anytime soon. "Here, at least drink some water. You must be thirsty."

She took the glass and take a sip, still looking down. Too afraid to make an eye contact. She was wondering why he acted like nothing happened when it clearly happen. To be honest it kinda hurt more when he's acting like that, because she felt that he didn't take her confession seriously even though she was drunk. 

"Why are you acting strange?" He asked.

She putted down her glass. "Am I? Isn't that we're not talking with each other the last time I remember." She didn't know why she even said that. 

"Why are you still bringing that up? Can you please be less childish for once?"

"Childish? Then why are you pretending like nothing happen when actually something happen?" She cursed herself for ever bringing that up when she's the one who wanted to avoid that topic by sneaking out in the first place. 

He his lips, she can tell that he's also nervous. "Look.. I knew you were drunk last night. I don't want to bring that up because I don't want to make you embarrassed."

She squinted her eyes. "Excuse me? Embarrassed? Do you really think that I'm confessing my feeling is embarrassing?"

He crossed his arms defensively. "You know that's not what I mean. It's just that I don't want you to feel embarrassed for doing something you didn't mean to."

"I thought you knew me better. Guess I was wrong." She chuckled. "Look.. I mean everything that I said last night." She surprised by her own boldness. 

"Wh.. What?" He seemed taken aback.

"I do mean it when I said that I like you as something more than friend." She looked him in the eyes to show how sincere she is. 

His eyes soften. "Hyuna.. I thought we're over this. I do love you very much, but I can't love you in that way. We promised not to date each other and be best friends for life right?"

"We did. And I tried my best to ignore my feelings. I always denied it. I also don't want to de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter