Chapter 2

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

                                                       

-korea central-square bank- 3pm

‘sirens wailing’

The crowd in central square began to die down in numbers as slowly, it was replaced by a convoy of police cars, policemen and a man armed with a gun and grenade. In man’s arms were 2 civilian, a young and a young woman.

The police were spread all over the road side, all pointing their guns to the entrance of a bank.

“Mr kim....let’s talk this through...” yesung said as held a walky talky on his hand. “no need for anyone to get hurt right?”

He took a step forward, stopping only after the man, known as mr kim yelled at him.

“S-STAND BACK! OR THE BOY DIES FIRST!”

The situation was tense.

Yesung complied, moving back as he tried to talk to mr kim once more.

“mr kim...let them go...alright?”

“NO! I WON’T LET THEM GO! I’M NEVER LETTING THEM GO UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT!”

“o-ok calm down....calm down.” Yesung said as he raised a hand, motioning it up and down in an attempt to get the nutcase to relax. He had to stay level headed, one mistake and there goes the young couples lives. Yesung spoke up.

“ok mr kim..what is it that you want so badly?”

Mr kim started getting all emotional, his eyes turning glassy as tears started forming. He looked at the young man in his hand, tightening his hold on his neck. The young man, in return, only choked as sweat rolled down his cheeks, his eyes never taking off from the gun.

“don’t blame me for this..if you want someone to blame..blame your father!”

The policemen looked on as he continued with his ranting.

“your father! That self-centred jerk! He cheated me of my money, saying that if i invested money on the company, it will go fine!”

He suddenly applied more pressure on the poor guy’s neck.

“BUT LOOK AT WHAT HAPPEN?!” he yelled.

The young man and his girlfriend cringed at the man’s sudden burst of outrage.

“ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS ME GETTING BANKRUPT!  NOTHING BIG NOR SUCCESSFUL HAPPENED TO ME! MY MONEY WENT DOWN THE DRAIN!”

“p-p-please..l-let us go...” the young man pleaded. “w-we didn’t had any idea of my dad’s d-doing.”

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP!” MR KIM SCREAMED. “YEAH YOU DIDNT KNOW! YOU AREN’T AT FAULT FOR ANY OF THIS. JUST BLAME YOURSELF FOR GETTING BORN INTO A FAMILY A DWINDLES AND CHEATS!”

Mr kim was so focus on the boy, he didn’t realize the incoming ryeowook and 2 other cops, only when he heard the sound of gun clicking, did he turn back. He immediately raised his gun at them.

“STAY BACK!”

This gave the young man time to run away, mr kim, however turned back once he felt the boy no longer leaning back on his torso. He pointed his gun at his leg.

“NO MR KIM DONT!” yesung scream as mr kim pulled the trigger.

‘BANG!’

The young man fell to the ground. Yelling out in agony.

“AHHHH!”     

His girlfriend started screaming his name out, causing mr kim to yell at her.

“I SAID SHUT UP!”

He pointed the gun to her head.

“p-please..d-dont hurt me..”

“mr kim, please! Calm down! Y-you want to get your friend to come out right?” yesung said.

“BRING HIM HERE AND I’LL LET THIS GIRL GO!”

“alright..” yesung said. “w-what is his number?”

“NO! FILM ME! FILM ME ON THE BIG SCREEN! I WANT HIM TO SEE HIS BELOVED SON! HE WILL ONLY REJECT ME IF I CALL HIM! I WANT HIM TO SEE HIS SON SO THAT HE WILL UNDERSTAND...UNDERSTAND THAT I’M NOT SOMEONE TO MESS WITH!”

“ok..mr kim...ok.” yesung said.

Turning back to face Jessica and kibum, he called them.

“sica, bum! Get the camera man to come down now..”

“got it!” they both yelled out at the same time as they ran up to the news reporter’s van.

Yesung turned back to face mr kim.

“alright mr kim...the camera man’s coming...”

“g-good!” he said, wiping his sweat.

The news reporter began making her way to the scene, stopping halfway.

“w-wait!” she said as she grabbed her camera man’s arm.

The camera man looked at her.

“y-y-you go ahead and film him...i’m not going there..he has a gun..”

Done with her speech, she made her way back to the van.

The camera man then made his way to yesung.

“good..you’re here...quick! film him!”

The camera man nodded, starting his cam and videoing mr kim.

“alright..mr kim, you’re set to go...”

Mr kim looked at the camera.

“JUNG JIN HOE! YOU THINK YOU’RE SO SMART?! YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST AVOID ME LIKE THAT?!”

He screamed.

“COME OUT NOW AND RETURN ME MY MONEY!!!! ITS BECAUSE OF YOU! BECAUSE OF YOU, MY MONEYS ALL GONE! MY WIFE ABANDONS ME AND LEFT WITH THE KIDS! ITS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT I’M IN THIS STATE!!! COME OUT!”

Mr kim then motioned for the camera man to video down the boy that was shot.

“LOOK AT YOUR SON! HE’S IN THIS BECAUSE OF YOU! JUNG JINHO! YOU BETTER COME OUT BEFORE I KILL HIM!!! DON’T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR SON!?”

Mr kim wasn’t done with his ranting, but when a sweat trickled down his forehead and into his eyes, he started using his hands to wipe them.

Without a warning, the camera man suddenly dropped his camera, reaching for both of mr kim’s hands.

“W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” mr kim yelled at the camera man, who was none other than choi siwon, the 27 year old spotted a new look, light brownish, spiky hair.

“siwon!” kibum yelled.

“I’ve got this!” siwon replied, struggling to get mr kim’s gun pointed somewhere else, not wanting him to kill the girl.

Due to mr kim struggling against siwon, he unintentionally started chocking the girl. Siwon saw that she was fighting for air, but he had to quickly get the gun away from mr kim first.

Mr kim tried to point the gun at siwon, who in turn, tried to press the button that will trigger for the magazine to drop.

He succeeded in losing the magazine away from the gun. Assured that he finally got the upper hand, he loosened his grip on the hand holding the gun, mr kim then proceeded to wrestle his hand free from siwon’s grip. He pulled the trigger on siwon.

‘BANG!’

“AHHH!”  Siwon yelled when the bullet hit his sides.

“siwon!!!”

“I’M FINE!!! STAY BACK!”

Siwon immediately kicked mr kim in the abdomens, causing him to release his hold on the girl, allowing her to escape to safety. Siwon then brought mr kim to the floor, batting the gun away from his hand. Mr kim only looked up to siwon, determination in his eyes. He raised the hand holding the grenade as he attempted to pull the pin off.

“crap!!! Not that!!!” siwon said before grabbing a hold of mr kim’s hand.  He looked around the road, before turning his attention to the manhole cover.

“WOOKIE! BUM! THE MANHOLE COVER QUICK!!!”

“OH! GOT IT!!!”

The duo then headed to the road side.

Mr kim, upon realizing what siwon was up to, started biting his thighs.

“owwww!!!” siwon yelped. Placing his hand on mr kim’s bald head, pushing it away from his thighs. “I’m not a buffet! Stop biting me!!!”

He gave mr kim a hard shove to the head, sending him to the ground as mr kim accidentally pulled the pin out, the grenade was knocked out of both siwon and mr kim’s hand. Thankfully siwon had good reflexes. He caught the bomb as it was about to drop, and quickly jump across the grill, aiming at the manhole. He manage to hit a bulls eye when the bomb found its way to the hole.

‘BOOM!!’

The explosion caused the waters in the sewage to ascend up the manhole, showering the cops.

 siwon had manage to prevent an explosion, which could have taken away everybody’s life present.

He slumped to the ground, finally at ease as kibum and ryeowook dragged a crying mr kim away.

“hah....hah.....woah....t-that was close..” he said to himself, placing his hands at his sides, where mr kim had just shot him.

“siwon!!” yesung ran up to him and helped him up. “you alright?”

“y-yeah hyung...yeah i think i’m fine.”

Yesung sighed in relief.

“hoooo....good..” he said before poking at siwon’s head. “hahaha! Idiot don’t scare me like that again!”

Siwon laughed. “haha hey! It’s gonna take more than a gunshot to bring me down..”

“yeah yeah whatever hot shot..” yesung said. “come on lets get you out of here.”

Siwon nodded as yesung and him made their way back to the car. On their way, he started undressing, taking out the extra clothing’s. Firstly the cameraman suit, taking it off, he revealed a vest, before pulling the vest out with the shirt he was having on, revealing yet another vest. He then started removing the vest and throwing it aside.

His team mates looked at him.

“haha! wow won won! You were really something back there!” Jessica said, slapping siwon’s arm gently.

He chuckled.

“haha..i would have died if it weren’t for the extra protection layers over my body.”

“yeah hyung...good thing you had those on...” ryeowook said.

“if not soo would kill us for letting you die...” kibum added

The team then broke out into laughter.

Siwon was the first to recover from his laughter.

“haha...alright guys..speaking about youngie...”

“uh huh?”

“don’t tell her about me getting shot.”

They suddenly became silent. The guys started eyeing Jessica as she started laughing out in a guilty way.

“o-oh..that won won...ha ha..erm..well..”

Siwon looked at her before widening his eyes.

“oh no sica...y-you didn’t..”

“w-welll...i er-“

Siwon shrugged, rolling his eyes.

“That’s just great...she’s going to start worrying for nothing again..SICA!!!”

“What what what?! H-how was i suppose to know that you didn’t wanted her to find out..”

“You don’t need me to tell you what to do when it comes to situations like this...YOU JUST  ZIP YOU MOUTH AND NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!”

The team carried on with their laughing as siwon and Jessica continued on with their bickering.

---------------------------------

-choi’s home-

The door started to make some noise as it finally opened.

“I’m home-mmmm”

Siwon was interrupted halfway when sooyoung suddenly ran up to him and kiss him, carrying in her arms, their daughter, hae in.

“mmm-wonnie..are you ok hon?” she asked as she put hae in down, placing her hands onto siwon’s side.

“Haha youngie...I’m fine...come here.” He said, cupping her face as he attempted to kiss her.

Sooyoung slapped his hand away.

“Don’t you ‘youngie I’m fine, come here’ me! You were shot!”

Siwon laughed as he pinched her nose.

“I’m fine, serious...you’ve got to learn to stop panicking like that..”

“Let’s go to the hospital now ok?” sooyoung said, picking up the house phone. “I’m going to call seo and tell her to watch hae in for us-‘

Siwon took the phone away from her, placing it back down on the table.

“wifey...really...i’m fine..” he said. “do you need me to say it slowly so that you can hear it? i ammmmmmmm finnnnneeeeeee...”

“but but but-“

“youngie you don’t believe me?” he said in a playful tone. “alright fine..let’s waste our money and go to the hospital then...It’s not a problem, after all, you’re not going to be paying with your money...I am...”

“o-ok ok fine! I believe you alright? I’m just worried about you..” she hugged him, burying her face into his chest.

“Silly girl...” he said, her hair. “What’s there to worry about? Ain I back in one piece?”

She laughed, slapping his chest. 

Siwon lifted a hand to her face, he lifted her chin up, kissing her passionately as their daughter looked on.

They parted after awhile.

“You’re ok...” he said, sooyoung’s cheeks with his thumb.

“haha so anyways, what did my hot and y wife cook-OWWWWW!!! YOUNGIE OUCH! LET! MY EARS FOR GOODNESS SAKE!”

“How many times, do I have to repeat myself?! Don’t call me that in front of our daughter!”

She twisted his ears.

“OWWWW OWWW! LET GO IT REALLY HURTS!!”

Hae in broke into tiny fits of laughter.

“Hmph!!!” she let go of him, before walking into the kitchen. Siwon rubbed his ears.

“Argh! What’s wrong with calling you that in front of our little girl?” he asked.

Dismissing that, he quickly turn his attention to hae in, he smiled at her, bending down.

“Hey sweetheart! You miss daddy?” he asked his 3 year old daughter.

Hae in nodded, extending her arms, wanting siwon to carry her.

 “c-caery d-dadda.” She mouth out, she still wasn’t that good with pronouncing.

Siwon chuckled lightly. His hands found their way under hae in’s arm, he lifted her up and bounce her a little.

“Haha..Sweetheart..You’re so irresistible..You know that?”

He kissed her forehead.

Hae in moved her head a little backwards from his kiss, she started laughing as siwon began throwing her up the air.

“you like it?” he asked, lifting hae in higher in the air as he nuzzled his nose with hers. Hae in reached for his nose, putting 2 fingers in his nostrils.

“Ahhhh sweetheart..not my nose...haha....it tickles..”

He placed her down.

“Alright hae in, stay here awhile, let me go see what mummy’s doing..”

Hae in nodded, heading back to the sofa.

Siwon smiled at his daughter before heading into the kitchen. He slowly crept up behind sooyoung, who was preparing some vegetables, she started smiling when she felt someone hugging her from the back. She placed the knife down, holding on to the arms latched to her waist.

“What are you making youngie?” siwon asked, tightening his arms around her.

“That’s not important..”

Siwon shot a brow up

“Hmmmm? Why?” he asked, burying his head into her neck.

“Cause you won’t be eating any of this..” she joked.

Siwon pouted, spinning her around.

“Really?”

“Yeap...”

“Wow...you’re bad...”

“I sure am...”

“You don’t love me anymore do you?”

“you got that right..” her face stretched into a smile.

Siwon hung his head low, dropping his arms. He looked up, heaving out a sigh.

“Well..alright then...you can wash the dishes yourself tonight..”

Sooyoung frowned upon that sentence, losing the smile on her face.

“H-huh? No wait-“

“i’ll play with hae in while you work your in here, sounds good to me..”

He started walking away.

“wonnie! You meanie! Get back here!”

“nah uh....i can’t hear you..”

He walked no less than 3 steps before stopping.

“s-s-stew..”

He heard sooyoung say.

“stew....i’m making stew..”

Siwon grinned, he turned his head back to his wife.

“oh...alright cool..but you’re still going to clean up.”

“choi siwon! Dont push your luck! I-i-“

“It doesn’t really matter now, right?” he cut her midsentence. “You aren’t letting me have dinner and you don’t love me anymore...”

“I was kidding!!!”

She went up to him and pecked him on the lips, hugging him.

“See? I love you ok?”

Siwon held her hips.

“You’ll let me eat?”

“Do you still need to ask me that? Of course..”

Siwon smiled, leaning his forehead on sooyoung’s.

“Alright then, I’ll wash the plates after dinner...”

“Goodie! I knew you wouldn’t be so bad to me. Now...where’s that little cutie pie?” sooyoung asked.

“She’s watching her show outside-“

“M-mum-my...”

Hae in suddenly enter the kitchen, causing the 2 adults to look at her. Sooyoung walked over to her, carrying her up.

“What’s wrong hae in?” she asked, her hair.

Hae in pointed to .

“M-mil-ky..”

“You want milk?” sooyoung asked.

Hae in nodded.

“Sweetheart, after dinner alright? Mummy’s almost done..Just be a little more patient ok?”

Siwon walked up to sooyoung and hug her, cushioning hae in between them.

“Yea hae in...after dinner, so you can turn in for the night easier alright?”

Hae in obediently listened, nodding her head. She started pointing downwards to the floor, wanting to come down.

“h-hae in w-watch c-car...toons?” she mumbled, referring to herself in the 3rdperson.

“haha..yeap...go watch your cartoons first alright?” sooyoung gave her a little shove from the back, ushering out the kitchen as she looked on at her daughter.

Siwon suddenly chuckled, prompting her to turn to face him.

“yeah hubby?” she asked.

“n-nothing..” he said as he walk over to her, placing his hand at the side of her arms. “I-its just that...i love her a lot.”

“haha...” sooyoung pecked his lips. “sure you do wonnie...she’s your daughter..”

Siwon’s hands stayed rested on sooyoung’s waist.

“Say youngie..” he said suddenly.

“hmmm?”

“How about we start working on the next one?”

Hearing that shocked the brunette, she pushed her husband away slightly, though still in his embrace.

“I’m sorry?” she asked, looking confused.

Siwon smiled at her with a look.

“You know? Like have another one of those?” he pointed at hae in.

Sooyoung’s foot found her way to siwon’s, stomping on them.

“OWWW!”

Siwon yelled, crouching down.

“owww...why did you do that?”

“Keep dreaming wonnie!” she said.

“haha....w-why? It be fun...” siwon attempted to persuade her.

“What do you think of me as?! A candy machine that shoots out sweets?!”

“HECK NO!” he replied immediately, not wanting his wife to get the wrong idea. “I-it’s just that i want one more child...”

“Do you know how painful it is?!” sooyoung said, reminiscing about the day she was giving birth to hae in, up till now, she could still exaggerate the pain, and it haunted her. It wasn’t a pleasant memory.

“b-but don’t you love kids?” siwon suddenly spoke.

“well i do...but not the agonizing part! FYI, for your information, i dont do, screaming and pushing!”

“why not? Its only temporary...”

“THEN HOW ABOUT YOU GET PREGNANT AND GIVE BIRTH INSTEAD? SAVES ME THE TROUBLE!”

Siwon scratched his head. He chuckled nervously, placing his hands at the side of her arm.

 “Youngie, look on the brighter side, at least we’ll have another family member, hae in will have a younger brother to play with..She’ll be a big sister!”

“uh huh...and what if we don’t get a boy?” sooyoung folded her arms, her stare piercing through siwon’s eyes.

He then used this opportunity to his teasing advantage.

“Then we’ll keep working on it until we get a boy..” he shot his brows up and down.

Sooyoung need not say more, she was done with talking. After all, actions, are much stronger than words.

‘PIACK!’

---------------------------------

“Like a diamond in a sky, twinkle twinkle little star, how i wonder what you are.”

Sooyoung sang the final line of the lullaby, stopping to take a look at the little girl in her arms. She was asleep. The young mother smiled as she stopped patting hae in, she brushed the little girl’s hair aside, before finally placing her on her mattress.

“sweet dreams, hae in..” sooyoung kissed her forehead, draping the blanket over the little girl. She started caressing hae in’s face.

Siwon had just finish coming out from the shower room, topless. He was still drying his hair with the towel. He stopped walking when he saw sooyoung in their little girl’s room. He smiled as he made his way into the room.

“Hae in...do you know you’re mummy’s favourite girl?” sooyoung said, before jerking up a little when she felt siwon hugging her from the back.

“Wonnie...” she said, tilting her head upwards to kiss him.

Siwon smiled, looking at his daughter.

“She has your nose youngie..” he said.

“and she has your eyes..” she replied back, smiling.

Siwon chuckled, pinching her cheeks.

“so...she’s knock out for the night right?”

“yea..why?”

Siwon smiled slyly. He suddenly lifted sooyoung off her feet, taking her by surprise.

“w-wonnie! What are you doing?” she asked, loosening her hold on his neck.

Siwon kissed her, before carrying her out the room.

“mmm-wonnie? Where are you bringing me?”

Siwon entered their room, throwing sooyoung to bed. He lay on top of her.

“w-wonnie?” she blinked.

Siwon just smiled as he moved in to kiss her.

“mmm-wonnie..” she pushed his exposed chest away from her body. “I’ve forgot to closed the hae in’s window.”

She got up, but he pushed her back down.

“she’s sleeping with the aircon wifey...the windows in her room are definitely closed.”

He kissed her once more. They continued that way for a while more, before she pushed him away again.

“mmm-the kettle! I-i forgot to-“

“I turned off the fire already youngie...”

He claimed her lips again.

She tried finding another excuse.

“omo...” she said suddenly. “t-the door! I forgot-“

“awww youngie come on! i want another baby” siwon cut her off midway.

“wonnie i told you! We’re not having another one!” she pushed him off, seating up straight and folding her arms.

Siwon lifted himself up as he hugged her from the side.

“please youngie?” he pleaded, giving his puppy eyes.

Sooyoung knew she was weak against those eyes of his, she avoided eye contact with him. Siwon notice that, placing his chin on her shoulder blades.

“I promise to do whatever you want..”

She started weakening to his pleas.

“if you want me to get ramen at an insane hour of 4am, i’ll do it..” he said, attempting to tempt her.

She bit her lips.

“I’ll cook whatever you want...heck! I would even be your slave-mmm”

She kissed him, surprising him.

“alright! Deal! We’re doing this!” she said after parting.

A smile started forming on his face, much to his elation.

“THATS THE SPIRIT!”

He immediately jumped her, resuming their kissing session, they would burst in small giggles in between their kiss, enjoying each other’s lips. That was when.

‘sniffs, sniffs, sniffs.’

Siwon and sooyoung’s lips were still attached to each other, only their eyes moved, shifting to the door side.

“mmm-OH MY GOSH! HAE IN!!” sooyoung screamed, pushing siwon away as soon as she saw her daughter.. He rolled off the bed with a loud thud.

“m-mum-my” hae in sniffed, lingering by the door.

 Sooyoung leapt off her master bed, getting to hae in’s side.

“hae in? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

Hae in tried to string her words properly.

“s-sca-scarey m-man..”

Sooyoung immediately hugged her.

“okok shsss, mummy’s here...mummy’s here..it’s just a nightmare..”

“she had a nightmare?” siwon said, scratching his head. He crawled right back up to his bed.

“y-yeah..” sooyoung carried hae in up, placing her on the bed before checking on siwon.

“s-sorry wonnie..s-she frightened me..”

“nah...i’m alright..”

“i-i just didn’t wanted her to see..erm you know-“

“i know..it’s alright..”

Siwon turned to his daughter.

“sweetheart? Are you ok?” he wiped her tears away. “dont worry ok? Daddy’s here..no bad man’s gonna hurt you ok?”

She nodded, still trying to calm herself down.

“hae in? Sweetheart, you sleep here with mummy and daddy alright?” sooyoung said as she lay beside her daughter, patting her to sleep.

“she asleep already?” siwon asked after awhile, placing an arm over sooyoung’s waist, he tilted his head up slightly above sooyoung’s to take a look at his daughter.

Sooyoung smiled.

“yea..she is..”

She rolled her body to face him.

“you know-mmmm”

His suddenly kiss her.

“alright then..lets pick up where we left off.”

“w-wonnie....no....not....now” she said in between kisses.

Siwon just ignore her, covering the blanket over both of them as they continued on.

Soft giggling were heard under the blanket.

Just then, siwon’s phone suddenly rang. Alerting and interrupting the duo. Siwon removed his lips from sooyoung, pushing the blanket off them.

“sorry hon..” siwon got up the bed, kissing sooyoung on the lips. “i’ll just answer this..”

“okay..”

He smiled, walking towards the desk, he picked up his phone and headed outside the room, softly shutting the door behind him.

“choi siwon speaking..whose this?”

“hey won won!!!” the voice was rather loud from the other line. Siwon held the phone away before placing it back to his ears.

“ha ha..may i know whose this speaking?” he asked, somehow the voice seem so familiar but then at the same time, it sounded so foreign.

“awwww! You can’t remember me?”

“erm...sorry no...whose this-“

“I’M KIM HEECHUL!!! HEECHUL HYUNG!!!”

Siwon suddenly started laughing, mentally face-palming himself. “argh! Heenim hyung! How could you forget! Goofball!”

“ohhhh...ha ha...heenim hyung...i-its you...wow..it’s been quite some time eh?”

“3 years and you forgot who i am?!!?! What kind of friend are you?!”

Siwon laughed nervously.

“ha ha..i just couldn’t really regconise you voice, guess i hadn’t heard it for quite some time.”

To avoid getting ranted at again, he immediately cut to the chase.

“anyways heenim hyung...why are you calling me? At such a late hour somemore..”

Heechul suddenly lost his goofiness.

“look won won..we need to talk..it’s kind of serious..”

Siwon also caught on to the mood fast, he turned back to his room, making sure that sooyoung was out of hearing range. He took a few steps further away from the room.

“serious? Whats it about?”

“its about yunho..”

The mention of yunho’s name seem to have caught siwon’s attention.

“yunho?”

“yeah...long story..”