Chapter 11

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

Siwon found himself waking up, not feeling sooyoung beside him on their bed when he lazily swung his hand to sooyoung's side of the bed.He roams his hands around the area where she sleeps, before twitching his eyes open when he couldn't feel her next to him.   

"Youngie?" he looks at the empty side of their master bed. The lights were off, and everything was quiet, save for the humming sound the air conditional was making. There just wasn't any Sooyoung.   Siwon slowly gets up the bed, walking to see if she was in the bathroom only stopping his steps when he saw light outside, between the gap of the floor and the door.   

"What is she doing?" he asks out loud while scratching his head. He walks towards the door slowly opening it, only to be met face to face with his wife, carrying their little daughter, who was sleeping in her arms.   

"Youngie...why aren’t you in bed?" he asks, making way for his wife as she enters the room.   

The brunette slowly places hae in down as she tucked the little girl with the blanket.   

Siwon walks up to his wife, taking a seat behind her as he hugs her from the back. He kisses her cheeks before resting his head on her shoulders.   

"I don't feel safe leaving our little girl alone in her room.." Sooyoung says as she leans back to Siwon's torso. "Now I do. At least she has her daddy and mummy to keep watch on her."   

"You mean she has daddy to keep watch on both her and mummy?" he corrects her, kissing her cheeks again. "Go to sleep now alright youngie? You need to rest my dear wife..."   

Siwon spins her around to make her face him.   

"I really want to. But I don't-"   

"that's why I'm here.." Siwon cuts her off before she can finish her sentence. "no one’s breaking into our house, cause if they do, they’re going to have to deal with me."   

He then pulls Sooyoung down with him on the bed, placing her head on his chest as he drapes an arm around her.   

"Now sleep alright youngie?" he kissed the crown of her head. "The baby needs her mummy to sleep..I need my wife to sleep.."   

"o-okay..." sooyoung says, adjusting her head for a more comfortable spot on Siwon's chest. "I-I'll sleep.."   

Siwon smiles resting his head on Sooyoung, they were about to sleep when hae in's sudden wailing alarmed them.   

"MUMMY!!! BAD MAN! BAD MAN!!!" the little girl cries, rising up her fist as she randomly strikes at the air, her body tossing and turning. Sooyoung immediately took the crying girl in her arms.   

"BAD MAN!!! HAE IN SCARED!!" she wails, terrified of her dreams. Sooyoung could feel herself getting ready for water works.   

"sweety! Sweety wake up! It's just a nightmare!"   

"AHHHHHH BAD MAN!!" she clutches onto her mother’s t-shirt tightly.   

"hae in, wake up! It's ok! Mummy's here!" Sooyoung holds her tighter as hae in slowly opens her eyes, looking at both her parents, she starts crying again, burying her face into sooyoug's chest.   

"m-mummy..h-hae in scare...b-bad man..."   

"shsss shsss hae in, I'm here, you're ok....it's just a nightmare.."   

Sooyoung let's a tear trickle down, she started hushing and rocking the little girl back and forth, in a attempt to calm her down, and in no time, Hae in soon found herself falling back to sleep, only this time, feeling safer and more secured in her mother's arms.   

Siwon reaches out to sooyoung's face, wiping her tears away before kissing her on the lips.   

"Youngie...I'm sorry.." he apologises. "This is all my fault.."   

"No...Please, don't apologise..." she looks straight into his eyes. "I-I don't blame you.."   

"youngie I-"   

Sooyoung places a finger on his lips, shushing him.   

"I'm tired wonnie, I want to sleep.."   

Siwon looks at her lovingly, before nodding his head. He starts climbing out of the bed before Sooyoung grabs his wrist.   

"Where are you going?" she asks and he flashes a small smile.   

"I can't sleep now that I've woken up. I'm going to find something to do.."   

"wonnie don't go anywhere.." she hugs him. "don't leave me here..."   

"youngie.."   

"I don't want to be alone now..I want your company."   

Siwon nodded, climbing back on the bed as he lay beside his wife. Sooyoung kisses him on the cheeks before she tilts to the side, leaning her back on Siwon's chest, she grabs his arms and placed them over her waist. The brunette tightens her grip on his hand.   

"wonnie..."   

"yea?"   

"Don’t let go of me alright? Don't leave me.."   

Siwon smiles at his wife.   

"If you do, I'll never forgive you.."   

He chuckles hearing that. "I won't youngie."   

"I need to hear you say it wonnie, once more." she tilts her head upwards to look at Siwon. Sooyoung has heard countless of times how Siwon always says that he will never leave her and hae in, but she just needed to hear it again.   

Siwon didn't give her a straight reply. Instead he goes directly for her lips, kissing her passionately before breaking apart.   

"I, will never leave you.." he says it once more, and Sooyoung closes her eyes, her face slowing showing a smile. It wasn't the time to be smiling, not when so much has happened over the past few hours, but even so, Sooyoung still manages to smile despite everything, and it was thanks to her loving husband. She falls asleep knowing that she has nothing to worry about now, now that her husband was by her side.   

---------------------------------   

The alarm sounded off, waking both husband and wife. Siwon lazily aims for the clock, turning of the alarm, he then places his hands back on sooyoung's waist, reeling her inner towards him. Sooyoung yawns in reply, turning to face Siwon.   

"hey babe..." he calls her, leaning forward to kiss her.   

"hey..." she replies back after the kiss.   

"youngie...let's go get breakfast together alright?" Siwon ask, sooyoung's tummy.   

"Don’t you have to go work?"   

"hyung messaged me yesterday, telling me to stay put at home first..he wants me to by your side 24/7."   

Sooyoung turns gloomy, knowing that if yesung told her husband to stay at home, it meant possibility of the triad members attacking them.   

"ahh, let's just go get something to eat alright? I'm starving.." Siwon says as he got Sooyoung by the shoulders and started massaging them. "Look youngie, I know how you're feeling now alright? But be strong in the mean time, I promise to get you and hae in out of this.."   

Sooyoung looks into her husband's eyes, seeing determination in it, she smiles at him, nodding her head. "Okay..."   

She leans in to give him a quick peck on the lips before they started changing their clothes.

“D-adda, caery...” hae in says, reaching her hands out to siwon, who smiles and carries her up. “hae in hungri...”

“Yes, sweety, daddy knows you’re hungry, I’m hungry too...” he pinches her nose. “Let’s just wait for mummy to come out from the toilet alright?”

Sooyoung appears shortly after siwon was done with his sentence, groaning a little.

“How are you feeling babe?” he asks her as sooyoung goes near to him, taking hae in from siwon.

“I-I’m fine wonnie, it’s just-“

‘ding dong..’

Both husband and wife turned to the direction of the front door, before looking at each other.

“Who could it be at this hour-“ Sooyoung wonders out loud, about to make her way to the door when siwon stopped her.

“Wonnie-“

He shakes his head, putting up a finger to his mouth as he turns his attention back to the door. Siwon carefully approaches the door, asking for his wife to move back a little while he was at it.

Siwon peeks through the hole, hoping to see whoever was outside, but there weren’t anyone. He lifts a hand up, bringing it to his nape as he rubbed it a few times.

“W-wonnie..Who’s there?” sooyoung asked.

He looks back at her.

“There isn’t anyone outside youngie..” he says, walking back to her. “Come on, let’s just get going now alright?”

He pushes his wife to the front door, opening it while getting the keys to open the gate.

“Wonnie..”

Siwon turns back at the sudden call of his name, he looks at sooyoung, who seem to be fixing her eyes on something. He walks up to her.

“What’s up youngie?”

The tall man shifted his gaze to the floor outside, where his wife was looking, there was something there.   "A letter?" he asks, looking at his wife, who shared the same equal amount of shock as him.   

Siwon then sticks his head out the door, checking the corridors thoroughly, but there weren’t anyone there. He then looks back down at the letter. 

He turns to face his wife when he felt a tug on his arm.   

"wonnie..."   

Siwon shoots her a reassuring smile, putting his hand on hers.   

"it's alright...there isn't anyone..."   

Sooyoung nods her head as Siwon reaches down to get the letter, he picks the letter up, dusting the small amount of dust on it before checking the letter to see if there were any information of the sender. Strangely, there wasn't anything written on it.   

"hmmmm?" Siwon murmurs, flipping the letter to check again, just to double check.   

"Who’s the sender?" Sooyoung asks, walking nearer to him as she tiptoed to see past her husband's shoulder, the letter in his hand.   

"There isn't anything written on it..." he replies her back, still looking at the letter before he started tearing open the top of the letter, slowly taking out the paper inside it.   

He immediately froze the moment he saw the paper, fear clearly evident in his eyes as his hands wavered on the piece of folded up paper. His wife, too shared the same look as him on her face.   

They haven't even started reading the letter yet, but the symbol they saw on the paper was more than enough to send chills down their spine.   

Sooyoung grabs onto her husband's arm, causing him to look back at her.   

"w-wonnie...."   

Siwon ignores her, looking back at the snake like symbol that was drawn onto the piece of paper. Siwon pushes sooyoung back into the house, closing his front door shortly afterwards. He then unfolds the paper, wanting to see what was written on it.   

"A live for a live..."   

His blood drained from his face.

That was the first sentence that Siwon saw on the paper, he then scans the whole paper.   

"Choi siwon, a live for a live. I'm going to make sure I make you suffer....I'm closer than you think, so you better keep a lookout.. You're not safe. You, your wife and that precious daughter of yours will never be safe... Beware..."   

"wonnie what does it-"   

Siwon proceeds to tear the piece of letter sent to him, his face clearly flustered and pissed, he then throws it into the dust bin as he got up, putting one hand on his hip and the other roughly rummaging through his hair, the brunette took that as a cue to put her daughter down and to walk over to her husband, wanting to check up on him, she places her hand on his arm, making him turn back to face her.   

Siwon looks at her, his face robbed of his usual smile he has on almost every other day. Siwon grabs her by the hand, squeezing it.   

"w-we're getting death threats.." he says and Sooyoung merely flinches. She sighs, looking down before hugging him, she wasn't really that surprised, since she was kind of expecting such happenings to befall on them, she was prepared for such news.   

"I-I figured.." she replies, not making eye contact with Siwon, only gluing her vision on her husband's hand, which were intertwined with hers.   

"I'm sorry, for dragging us into this...this..." he closes his eyes as he rummages through his hair again, grabbing a portion of hair in frustration. 

Sooyoung lifts a hand up to his face, caressing his cheeks.   

"wonnie, shssssss....shss..it's okay..."   

Siwon sighs, looking down to the floor. "I'll get us breakfast instead...let's not go out-"   

"wonnie..I want to go with you...let's have breakfast together, the three of us."   

"youngie...I-"   

"wouldn't it be safer for me to be with you at all times? What if someone comes while you're gone and me and hae in are in here?"   Sooyoung had a point, maybe it was the lack of sleep, he's brain wasn’t functioning as well as it should be.   

"y-yea...on second thought, you 2 should follow me." he says as Sooyoung nodded. "Let’s get going now alright? You both need to get some food in your stomach.."   

Sooyoung heads over to hae in, carrying her up as she exits out of the house, followed shortly by Siwon, who closes the door shut before locking the gates.  

---------------------------------   

Siwon helps open the back door of the car as Sooyoung places hae in inside, the brunette then makes her way to the front passenger seat, opening the door as she got in. Siwon was about to do likewise, opening the door to his driver seat when he felt a vibration in his pocket.   

He quickly fishes out his phone as he looks at the screen.   

Yesung.   

Siwon looks at Sooyoung before flashing the phone's screen at her, she nods as Siwon answers his call, placing his hand on the door.   

"hyung..." Siwon answers.   

"Siwon, you guys doing alright?"   

Siwon looks at his daughter, who was playing with the car's cushion, he then looks at his wife.   

"Y-yeah...we're coping with it, how is it over at your side??"   

Siwon hears yesung sighing over the line.   

"We’re still trying to figure out who executed chansung...that guy was our only hope in reaching the triad. Now that he's dead, it's gonna be hard looking for them.."   

Siwon sighs. "Sorry I'm not able to help...Looks like I'm probably going to be staying watch over my family for the time being.."   

"Yeah...don’t worry about us alright? Just focus on your side and keep watch over soo and hae in alright?"   

"Yeah.." Siwon says, looking at his rear view mirror, he fixes his hair of any bed ridden hair when he suddenly caught a hold of 2 men, both dressed in black, about a few metres away from them. They were staring at him, still not noticing that he was looking at them through the mirror.  

"hyung...I'll call you later alright? I need to go.." he says, not taking his eyes of the mirror.   

"Yeah alright, I need to tell you something later alright? Call me soon.."   

"Alright.." Siwon says, ending his call as he enters his car. The 2 men were still looking at them.   

"Definitely triad members..." Siwon thinks to himself as he continues observing them, they lingered on a little while more until Siwon starts the engines, still looking at them. The 2 men then get into their car, apparently leaving. But that wasn't it, they were just waiting inside their car.   

"wonnie, why aren't you driving?"   

Siwon looks back at Sooyoung before looking back at the black car that the 2 men just entered in.   

"don’t panic at what I’m about to tell you but, We're being stalked right now.." he says, keeping his voice low. He hears Sooyoung grasped in reply.   

"b-by whom?"   

"Most probably people from the triad, there’s 2 of them in the black car just a few rows of cars away from ours..."   

Siwon turns back to Sooyoung when he feels her hand on his, she seemed pretty tensed and stiffed.   

"w-wonnie...I'm scared.." she says   

Siwon caress her cheeks. "Hey hey, don't be, I'm here...listen, I'll try to get them off our tail alright?" he her cheeks. "And if that doesn't work, I'll deal with them...you have nothing to worry about youngie..."   

"but that's exactly what I'm worried about...your safety-"   

"I'll be fine.." he assures her. "I'll definitely be fine.."   

Siwon smiles at her, before looking at the rear view mirror, the villains were still stationary, waiting for Siwon to move, he takes one more glance at Sooyoung, before starting his engines and heading out the car park.   

True enough, the black car started moving after Siwon did.   

"youngie, Help keep an eye on them..."   

Sooyoung nods, checking on their movements. The 2 mysterious guys were keeping a little distance away from the Chois, not wanting to be too close to them as they did not wanted to be noticed, though they've been found out by the ever alert and attentive Siwon. The said man then digs into his pocket once more, taking out his phone as he made a call to yesung. He waits for about 4 rings before yesung answers his call.   

"Yea..." yesung answers and Siwon replies back.   

"hyung...we're being tailed..." Siwon says and he could sort of sense yesung getting up his seat in a frantic way.   

"What?" he asks the handsome man. "Tailed? By?"   

"I'm positive that it's some grunts from the triad, look hyung I forgot to mention this to you.."   

"mention what? Is something wrong?"   

Siwon sighs. "hyung, we heard our bell ringing from inside the house just a few mins ago...when I went to check who was it, there wasn't anyone outside. While it was unnoticed by me, youngie saw a letter left just outside our front door.”

“uh huh, and what does it says?” Yesung asks.

“Death threats...” siwon replies.  “we’re getting death threats from someone who’s working in the triad.”

The line went dead silent for awhile, before yesung finally spoke again.

“Death threats you say?”

“Yeah...”

“Look siwon, listen to me very carefully. What I’m about to tell you isn’t really going to be pleasant for you, or to soo as a matter of fact. ”

“I’m listening hyung...”

Siwon hears yesung breathing loudly through his nostrils.

“You and soo, can’t live in your house anymore..you need to start packing up and leave as soon as possible...”

Siwon doesn’t say anything, he just lets yesung continues.

“I’m sure you know how haywire the situation has gone..” yesung says. “If you continue staying in your house...you’ll definitely be exposing your family to impending dangers, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want anything to happen to soo or hae in right? You need to stay somewhere else.”  

Siwon looks at sooyoung, who was still focusing on the rear view mirror.

“Yeah hyung, you’re right...i was actually thinking about it, if I’m gonna keep my family safe, I’ve got no choice but to do so right? I’ll get everything ready by tonight...”

“Wonnie! They’re nearing us!”

Siwon looks at his wife, seeing her all worked up. He gets back to his phone.

“Hyung....they’re gaining on us...” siwon replies. “I-I’m not sure whether they’re armed..”

“Siwon, send me your location on your gps! And quick! I’ll get kangin and eunhyuk to come with me to your whereabouts. Meanwhile, try and stall them until we reach.”

“got you hyung...” siwon says, ending the call as he throws his phone to the back of the car.

“Babe, grab hae in and buckle your seat belts.”  

“Wonnie, what are we going to do?” the brunette asks, turning behind to retrieve hae in.

“We’re going to have to stall them for now...till hyung arrives with backup..”

Sooyoung then places hae in on her laps as she fastened the seatbelt.

“Hang on tightly to her youngie...this is going to be a bumpy ride...”

With that, he steps on to the pedal, picking up speed as the triad duo followed suit.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors notes: Hey guys! Sorry for the super late update!! Been rather busy nowadays, but yeap, here’s an update for all you awesome readers! Don’t mind the crappy update though. XD Do leave comments alright? And also, I’ve have some impending friend requests on fb after making myself known to you all in the soowon fb page, just wanna ask you guys for a favour, if you wanna talk to me on fb or post any comments on my wall, please just pm(private message) me instead, I have my reasons for not wanting you guys to post on my wall. Anyways do enjoy alright?! Hahaha! You guys are an awesome bunch! :D  p.s: just thought I tell you, I don’t really double check on my updates, so if you do see some minor grammatical errors or anything, well, just ignore them. J