Chapter 13

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

Author's notes: OMW!!!! CAN"T BELIEVE THIS!!! so so so sorry guys! due to asianfanfics having some technical problems, didn't realised that my chapter 13 was deleted, so so so sorry! sorry for the 'fake' update. Well, at least i had a backup of my work for chapter 13, if not i would be redoing this chapter, and it would take me about a whole day! which would totally . So be thankful that i had a backup, if not chapter 14 would have come out on a later schedule. hahaha! do enjoy, i mean for those who hadnt read chapter 13. :D Sorry again.

____________________________________________________________

-unknown motel- 2am

The chois finally called it a day, having successfully checked in to a motel of their liking. They were dead tired from all the travelling, having spent 3 hours to find a motel they thought was suitable for staying in. They checked in around 8.45pm, before heading off to bed.

It was already 2am.

Everything was silent, and siwon had already gone to sleep, wrapping his arms around sooyoung’s waist. The brunette wasn’t sleeping just yet however. She only leans back, holding on to his arms.

She sighs, looking at the interior of their motel room. Sure it was cosy, carpeted floor, dim lights, soft humming of the air conditional, but she didn’t like it, more overly, it wasn’t her house. She didn’t felt comfortable at all.

Choi sooyoung lets her mind wander around in her head. There were so many thoughts running through her mind, how long will they be living like this, when will this whole triad thing end, when can they go back to their home. All this questions flooded her head. She sighs in discontentment.

She really hated being stripped of all privileges of normal living. She just wanted a normal lifestyle.

The brunette lets her mind wander around her thoughts. She begins thinking about her house, suddenly picturing herself in her own house. She visualizes herself in her bedroom, walking towards the master bed, it creaks slightly when her bum laid on the soft comfort of her bed’s mattress. She’s waiting for her hair to dry after a good and refreshing shower, before she turns in for the night.

Sooyoung scoffs bitterly. 

She then pictures siwon coming out of the bathroom, topless, the towel wrapped around his waist. He smiles at her, before walking towards her and seating himself beside her. He pulls her in for a hug, before placing a soft and tender, passionate kiss on her lips, her hair and showering her with endless compliments of ‘I love you’ and ‘you look beautiful’. These were the compliments he uses every night before they went to sleep. Heck, he just told her she looked stunning, just before he went to sleep 5 hours ago.

Next, she pictures herself in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Oh how the smell of her own cooking would cause her to go ‘mmmm’ in satisfactory. She would always place her index on her semi-cooked/cooking in progress dish, trying out the food to make sure she gets the results she wants.  She sees herself then smiling upon a job well done on the dish, taking it out and setting it on the dining table, happily declaring that dinner was served.

She then pictures herself in yet another ‘everyday’ scenario, where she’s seating on the couch, with Siwon beside her, his arm over her shoulders as she placed her head onto his shoulder, laughing heartily at the television and enjoying each other’s company. She would rub circles around his chest while he would twirl her hair. Siwon would push sooyoung down the couch, gently caressing her face before planting a kiss on her y plum lips. She sees herself enjoying her husband’s lips.

“Mummy”

Sooyoung’s eyes widen when she hears hae in’s calling out to her in her little day dream.

 “h-hae in..” she says her name, feeling depress again. Great, it hasn’t been even 1 day yet, but she was already missing her little toddler girl.

“m-ummy! Caery!” she literally hears hae in’s voice, it’s as if she was just right beside her. She closes her eyes as thoughts of hae in starts flooding her head.

“Hae in? Sweety what’s wrong? Don’t cry..” sooyoung picks up her girl, who was starting to sweat from her forehead.

“mummy, h-hae in scared!” the little girl clutches her mother’s arms tightly.

“Shsss shsss, it’s ok hae in...mummy and daddy’s here.. don’t cry ok, shsss shss..” sooyoung rocks hae in around, while siwon only hugs sooyoung from the back, smiling at hae in.

“It’s ok cutie pie, daddy’s here. Go back to sleep alright?” he says, kissing her forehead.

“H-hae in..” The brunette sniffs, wiggling her hand out of siwon’s arm to wipe her tears way. She lets her mind get back into thinking about hae in.

 “Weeeee Mum-my! H-high!! High!!” the 3 year old clasp her hands together, a huge smile plastered on her face as she raised her tiny hands up the sky, wriggling her tiny fingers around.

Sooyoung giggles at her daughter’s cuteness. The chois had brought their little girl to play at the playground, and sooyoung was currently pushing hae in on the swing.

“haha, sweety! Mummy doesn’t have any more strength left to push, I’m tired.” Sooyoung says, noticeably pushing the swing slower and softer.   

“h-hae in wants high!” the little cute girl persists, squealing once more and sooyoung only giggles at her.

“But hae in, mummy’s really, really tired..” she says once more, stopping the swing from swinging and her finger down hae in’s little nose.

“haha, what’s the matter hae in?” siwon approaches the 2 from behind, stopping beside sooyoung as he bent down to look at his daughter.

“d-adda! H-hae in wants high!” she looks at her father, pointing her fingers up the cloudy sky.

Siwon expressed light mirth. He then ruffles the little girl’s hair.  “Alright, how about I push you instead of mummy?” siwon asks, smiling at his daughter. “Sounds good?”

Hae in nods her head.

“Alrighty then I’ll push you.” Siwon places his hand at the back of hae in’s back, about to push her. “Next time, don’t ask mummy to push you, I mean come on, mummy’s sort of an old hag, so she gets wear out easily.”

“Choi Siwon!” Sooyoung slaps his arms, throwing him an incredulous look while hae in laughs.

“What?! Haha I’m just saying the truth.”

“Truth your head!” She knocks her husband’s head. “I’m not old!”

Siwon playfully scoffs back at her. “pftt, tell that to me..”

Turning his attention back to hae in, he then starts pushing her on the swing.

Hae in giggles as her father starts pushing her higher and higher

“Da-dda, high!” Hae in squeals.

“See? Isn’t it more fun when daddy pushes you?” he asks her.

Hae in laughs heartily in responds, causing the cheeky father to look at his wife, sticking out his tongue at her. Sooyoung puffs up her cheeks in return.

“Hmph!” she express annoyance to his juvenility.

After awhile of pushing hae in finally decides she doesn’t wants to play anymore. Instead, she hops off the swing with her father’s assistance, before going over to sooyoung’s side and dragging her towards the swing.

“m-ummy..s-sit..” the little girl mumbles and sooyoung giggles.

“Sweety! Mummy’s too old for this!”

“SEE HAE IN!? MUMMY’S OLD!! OLD HAG!” Siwon jokes and sooyoung slaps him again.

“You’re mean! I hate you!” she says, slapping him numerous times.

“Hahhaahha  ow ow ow!!! Haha alright youngie stop! I promise you I won’t-“

“You promised umpteen times you wouldn’t bully me!” she cuts him off, still beating him as hae in laughs out rather hysterically at her parents.

“mum-my, seat!”

Sooyoung only stops hitting siwon when the little girl demands for her mother to seat, and being the loving mother she was, she sat down, before looking at hae in.

“Now what do we do, sweetheart? Are you going to push mummy?” she asks and hae in giggles, before going to siwon and dragging him behind sooyoung.

“da-dda pushie..” she says and siwon points at himself.

“Me?” Siwon asked, puzzled. Though a evil grin started forming on his face.

“Daddy push mummy?!?!” sooyoung exclaims. “Sweety! Do you know what you’re saying?! Daddy can’t push mummy!” She knows what her husband was thinking of doing.

“What’s the matter honey?!” siwon smirks at her. “Don’t worry, it’s just a swing. It’s not going to bite you.”

“Wonnie! Don’t you dare!” she warns, getting up, but siwon places both his hands on her shoulder blades, sitting her down again.

“Sit down hotti-I mean honey..” he say, minding the words he calls sooyoung in front of hae in. “Let me push you.”

“Wonnie I don’t want to seat! Hae in, help mummy!” sooyoung attempts to get up, but her husband’s grip was firm on her shoulders.  

Hae in only laughs, before urging her father to push her mother.

“Da-dda, pushie!”

“hae in!-AHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

The brunette didn’t manage to finish what she wanted to say, for her husband had already started pushing her. Her grip on the bar tightens.

“AHHHHHHHHH WONNIE! STOP PUSHING SO HARD!!! IT’S SCARY!!” sooyoung closes her eyes.

The cheeky husband of hers wouldn’t listen, he just kept pushing.

“Nah uh, what’re you going to do about it wifey?”

“WONNIE!!! STOP! PLEASE, I’M SCARED!”

“What will you do if I stop?” he asks and sooyoung stutters.

“A-a kiss! I’ll kiss you! Stop pushing me!”

Hearing that prompts Siwon to stop pushing. He slows the swing down until it stops moving as sooyoung finally gets down on the ground. Siwon then holds her up, before sprouting his lips out.

“Now youngie.” he smooches at her when he suddenly gets pushed back, sooyoung starts running away from him.

“Oh no you’re not!” siwon says, chasing after his wife, their little girl closely behind him. “Come back here, wifey! My kiss!”

“No!” she shouts back, still running.

It didn’t take long for siwon to catch up to sooyoung, once he got to her, he immediately lifted her off her feet in bridal style, causing her to yell out in shock. He then spins her around as Hae in jumped about in front of them.

“hahahahahha! Wonnie stop!!! Put me down!”

“NOPE! YOU LIED TO ME!”

“Please hubby!! I’m getting dizzy!!”

“Kiss me first!” he says, slowing down.

“Awwwww wonnie! You big meanie-“

“Kiss me first!” he repeats.

Sooyoung pouts in return, before slapping his chest. “Okok! I’ll kiss you! You win! Just stop spinning me around!”

Siwon finally stops, though he didn’t let sooyoung down. The brunette then lifts her head up to plant a long a sweet kiss on his lips. Siwon slowly places her down, wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her closer to him. They continued kissing until siwon pulled back, having felt hae in tugging his leg.

 “Dadda! Caery hae in too!” the chubby girl extends her hands forward to siwon, and both siwon and sooyoung laughed at how cute their daughter was.

Siwon then let’s go of sooyoung as he carried hae in up. He then bounces her a little in his arms.

“h-hae in want dadda kiss too!” hae in says. This time both parents bursted out laughing their daughter.

“Awwww sweet heart! I could just bite your ear off! You’re too cute!” sooyoung says, kissing her cheeks. Hae in then grabs onto sooyoung’s nose, giving it a little squeeze as she laugh.

“haha, alright hae in, daddy will kiss you.” Siwon moves in to kiss his little girl, but she backs her head away.”

“Dadda and mum-my kiss hae in.”

 The couple stared at each other before both nodded their heads and planted a pleasant kiss on the sides of their daughter’s chubby cheeks.

Sooyoung snaps out of her daydream, now sobbing. She feels siwon adjusting himself on the bed as it creaks a little. She wriggles her other hand out as she wipes her tears with both her hands, before she turned around to face siwon. She then taps him on the chest.

“w-wonnie..” she sniffs. “wonnie wake up..”

Siwon groans a little.

“w-wonnie..” sooyoung pushes a little harder this time, and siwon slowly opens his eyes, yawning. He takes awhile to adjust his vision in the dark room, before finally seeing his wife facing him.

“Youngie?” he asks, stretching a little. “What’s wrong babe? Why aren’t you sleeping-have you been crying?” he asks her, taking her face as he examines it, he then wipes them away.

Sooyoung then moves in to kiss him.

“mmm-Youngie...why aren’t you sleeping?” he asks after she parts her lips from his. He rolls her till she was on top of him.

“W-wonnie, stay up with me..” she replies, not answering his question. She then caresses his face. “Keep me company..”

“Youngie, it’s past 2am already.. babe let’s sleep alright?”

“I-I don’t want to sleep..” she insist “Wonnie, please-“

“Babe, you’re an expecting mother now..” he cuts her off. “You need your sleep, it’s bad for the baby.. come on, be a good girl and listen to me alright?”

“E-even if I want to, I can’t..” sooyoung says. “Please, please just keep me company..”

Siwon knows not to reason out with her anymore, he knows this has something to do with hae in. He gives in to her, sitting up straight, placing her on his laps before he leans his forehead on hers.

“a-alright then..” he says gently, smiling at her. “What do you want to do now?”

Instead of answering him, she lifts his chin up, planting a kiss on his lips before pushing him down the bed. Siwon, though taken aback by her gesture, only follow her lead, he wraps his arms around her, holding her close to him. He then flips her over, with her now being under him. sooyoung then trails her hand downwards, before grabbing his t-shirt and pulling it, assisting him in taking his t-shirt off. The kiss was getting more heated and wild. He then starts ing her blouse, but he suddenly stops halfway, pulling away from the kiss, sooyoung attempts to kiss him but he goes back further.

“Wonnie-“

“Youngie, we’ll call fany first thing tomorrow morning alright?” siwon says, her cheeks with his index. “You want to talk to hae in right?”

“Hubby...” she croaks, about to lose it again.

“I miss her too youngie, so let’s talk to her tomorrow morning alright? Wait.” He stops. “Even better, let’s get fany to do facetime with us, that way we can see her, sounds good babe?”

Sooyoung buries her face into his chest, sobbing a little.

“It’s ok youngie, we can still see her.” He comforts her. “Don’t fret upon it too much, it isn’t good for you and the baby.”

Siwon feels her nodding her head against his bare chest. He then pecks her on the lips.

“Now, do you want ramen?” he asks her, pinching her cheeks. “How about I make some for you now?”

She smiles weakly, shaking her head. “I-I don’t feel like eating anything, I just want you..”

“Woah. Woah woah, did my youngie just rejected food offered to her?” he jokes, trying to lighten things up, and thankfully, she responded to that.

“Y-you’re making fun of me again..” she chokes back a laugh tearfully.

“Come on youngie, ramen?” he asks her again but she rejects it once more. “I said I want you..”

“Wow, babe, are you for real? Haha last chance, if you say no I will stop pestering you, but that will also mean I’ll stop bothering to do you anything next time.”

Sooyoung wipes her tear, giggling in response.

“Y-you won’t be bad to me.” She says, before grabbing his hand and placing it on her stomach. “Cause b-baby here has the power to make you listen to my every command.”

Siwon only stares at her. “Not cool babe. You’re blackmailing me into doing anything for you using the baby.”

Sooyoung giggles once more, before staring at him, suddenly losing herself just staring into his eyes. She tilts her head up to peck him on the lips.

“Thank you wonnie...”

“Thank you for being there for me and staying by my side ‘thank you’, or thank you that you’re going to cook for me ramen ‘thank you’?” he teases.

Sooyoung rolls her eyes, swatting his chest. “Seriously, why do you always have to ruin the moment?”

Siwon chuckles, before pinching her nose.

“Oh come on youngie, ramen? Let’s share the bowl alright?” siwon says. “I’m pretty hungry now that I’ve woken up. Spicy mushroom flavour? Your favourite isn’t it?” he tempts her with her favourite flavour.

“Wonnie I don’t know-“

“Wifey, don’t stuff the little baby of ours in there..” he cuts her off, patting her tummy. “Come on youngie, let’s eat that.”

Wearing back his t-shirt, he then proceeds to carry her in his arms. “Let’s go get some packet of ramen from the convenient store alright?”

Sooyoung circles her hands around his neck, smiling at him.

“C-carry me the whole way there?” she asks and he nods.

“Of course, anything you want.” He smiles back at her.

“Carry me back too?”

“Yeap..”

She smiles, rewarding him with a kiss. “Let’s go then.”

--

-3.25am

Finishing the bowl of ramen, the 2 loving couple proceeded to start watching some television shows, since sooyoung still couldn’t sleep, and siwon was more or less was, fully awake now. There weren’t much to be seen on tv, but siwon manages to find something that was at least able to garner their attention, stumbling upon some old sitcom show. He decides to just watch that along with sooyoung. The comedy series saw siwon and sooyoung through laughing rather heartily, and it continued on for the next 20 mins or so, before things started getting quieter.

Siwon and sooyoung were both cuddled beside each other on the couch, the formal having his arms around the latter’s shoulders while the latter had her legs resting on her husband’s thighs. The light emitting out from the tv screen was a little irritating to the eyes, especially when they draped the curtains closed, but it was fine.

“hahahaa! Oh my, hey youngie, whoever knew this-“ siwon stops upon feeling sooyoung’s head leaning onto his shoulder. He turns to see his wife finally sleeping.

“Finally youngie.” he smiles at her. “You’re finally sleeping.”

Siwon lifts a hand up, brushing sooyoung’s fringe aside as he then kisses the crown of her fore head. He then smiles at her.

“Good night babe. Rest well alright?” siwon says, before turning his eyes to the tv once more, he shakes himself a little, slapping himself on the face. “Argh crap, now I’m fully awake..youngie, this is your fault."

He looks at his sleeping wife, before chuckling.

Siwon turned his head to the right, where their bed was, just beside the couch. Siwon  then stretches a little to get his and sooyoung’s blanket, before covering both of them, making sure that sooyoung was properly covered and tucked in under the blanket. That being done, he then grabs the remote control on the little glass table just in front of him, and lowered the tv’s volume. Siwon feels sooyoung adjusting her head for a more comfortable position on his shoulder before he chuckles once more, finally deciding to just place her on his laps, like how a mother would when she would feed her child milk, before readjusting the blanket on them.

“Sorry babe, you have to make do with my lap and chest for the time being, until I’m done with watching this show, and when I start feeling all sleepy again.” he says, before kissing her once more.

---------------------------------

-8.45am police station

“So, how’s yunho doing?” Yesung asks kangin as he sips his cup of tea.

The muscle man only sighs, taking a seat in front of yesung.

“He needs a lot of rest. Chansung really did a number on him..”

“That’s chansung for you..” heechul says, spinning around in the chair. “Well, at least there’s no more chansung anymore..”

“Yeah, no more chansung..” yesung repeats heechul’s line. “That means yunho is already more or less, safe from danger. Though we probable should still keep an eye on him every once in a while.”

“Agreed..” Heechul says. “But the thing I want to ask is, whose the person who shot him? And why did he do that? What did chansung do to have possibly urged him to kill him? How are they related?”

“Yeah, I was wondering about that too..” kangin added in. Heechul’s question definitely got their mind thinking.

“Not only that, remember yesterday? When I told you about siwon getting death threats?” yesung adds in, clasping his hands together as he rest them on the desk. “He got the threats the night after chansung was shot. Then shortly after, he was chased by 2 other man. And well, as you both know, both men jumped to their apparent deaths after we caught them.”

Heechul and kangin stayed silent.

Yesung continued on. “Siwon said that the threat said something like, ‘a life for a life’, question is, why is he saying all this to siwon? How does siwon play a role in his life?.”

The 3 agents then silently start thinking.

“Do you think that whoever killed chansung, and the person sending the threats to siwon are the same people?” heechul breaks the silence.

This time, it was both yesung and kangin’s turn to keep quiet as kangin speaks.

“If so, why is he wanting to harm siwon and soo?“ heechul asked. “Maybe he was the one ordering both the man who was pursuing siwon yesterday, to go after him and sooyoung.”

“But why are we even sure that the person who killed chansung, and the person sending siwon and soo death threats are the same entity?” yesung asks.

 “Guys, the night chansung was shot..” kangin suddenly speaks, and heechul and yesung both looked at him. “I heard him mumbling something like ‘why’ after he got shot. His eyes widened upon looking at a direction. My guess was that he spotted his killer that moment, and in that instant, was able to tell who he was. He’s mumbling of ‘why’ felt as if he knew the killer, as if, they were friends or something like that. My guess, is that the killer is also in the same triad as chansung.”

“So you’re saying that whoever killed chansung, knew him and was friends with him?” yesung asked. “Then why did he even murder his friend? Are they having any disagreement within the triad?”

“Now, that’s just my theory..” kangin said, laying back on his chair. “If that’s the case, the person who killed chansung might really be the one sending death threats to siwon. Well because like you said, siwon only received the letter the day after chansung was shot. And it had that dragon symbol on it, showing that it was someone from the triad after his life.”

“You might be right gin, the letter after all did said a life for a life.” Yesung says. “So if we put it in this way, when the killer said a life for a life, he might be referring this to chansung. Maybe he was ordered by someone else in the triad to get rid of chansung.”

“And why must he get rid of chansung?” kangin asks.

“Well, you did say you questioned chansung about who sent him right?” yesung asked. “And he’s answer was he planned for this solely by himself right? that no one asked him to do it. it may seem that the boss or whoever was chansung’s boss, felt that it was a need to get rid of him? that he was being a nuisance and that if he got caught, he would risk the identity and background/information of the triad being told out?”

Heechul and kangin straighten themselves on their seat as yesung continued.

“Maybe the boss had the killer, who was chansung’s friend, to carry out that assassination? And that would conclude why the killer wants siwon dead? Because siwon was the reason why he had to kill chansung? Because siwon was the one that prompted chansung to, I dont know, disobey instructions given to him by the boss to not pursue with his plans of harming siwon?”

Heechul and kangin’s jaw dropped wide open.

“What the heck yesung..” kangin said. “That’s some awesome theory you have. You might be right..”

Heechul chuckles.

“Seriously, when did you become so smart?”

“Shut up! I was always smart! Mind you! 2nd in class back in highschool!!!” 

“Anyways guys, we’ll get back to the killer later.” Heechul says, ignoring yesung. “Let’s discuss about siwon and soo, since they’re being targeted by that mysterious assassin, just keep an eye on them? We don’t want to be too obvious, so if we want to visit them, we have to do it in groups of twos and threes.”

Yesung and kangin both agreed.

“And also, I think we should get them to move places every now and then, like how we did with yunho, so that it’ll be harder for the dude to track them.” heechul adds in.

“Yea, I’ll keep in touch with siwon every now and then.” Yesung says. “In fact, I’ll be calling him later to check up on him. I might be visiting him once I get information from him on where’s he currently staying.”

“Yea, do that..” heechul says.

Kangin sighs. “This is really getting out of hand, we’re now short of 1 person now that siwon is gone..”

“He’s still helping us, it’s just that his work will be to a minimal.” Yesung says. “He needs to take care of his wife. I heard soo’s expecting his second child. So he can’t be that active.”

“Anyways, let’s start working on trying to get the mysterious killer.

“Yea, sure...”
 ____________________________________________________________

Author's Notes: Alright people, do comment alright, i mean i know this wasnt really a real update, but haha whatever, just drop some word of encouragement yea? I'll try to get the next chapter done before friday? haha yeap. enjoy! :D